• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I can tell you right now, most of my worst experiences as a maintenance associate have happened while cleaning women's bathrooms.

I usually had to do bathroom cleaning at the fast food place I worked, and I noticed the opposite. It was always the men's room that was in terrible shape and the women's room that was cleaner. I was always like "come on, fellas, cleanliness is next to godliness!"

Last edited:
I usually had to do bathroom cleaning at the fast food place I worked, and I noticed the opposite. It was always the men's room that was in terrible shape and the women's room that was cleaner. I was always like "come on, fellas, cleanliness is next to godliness!"

Though at the same time, the women's room had the worst smell imaginable. Air freshener plus... well, I don't want to say. But it was gross.

I remember heading in to clean the women's bathroom one day. Everything seemed fine to me, just the usuAL trash strewn about here and there- until I reached the last stall.

Literal shit covered every square inch of the floor surrounding it, covering the wall as if it just exploded out of the lady, and it got all over places I didn't think we're even possible.

It would hurt the very fabric of my soul.

hah, just kidding. I have no soul.

I'll change the topic. Anybody have any particular Pokémon where you did a complete 180 on your opinion of it? Like, a Pokémon you thought was stupid either aesthetically or performance wise, but then grew to love over time? Or maybe a pokémon you thought would be really neat, and then it turned out you didn't like it at all? For me, Scraggy/Scrafty was like that. I saw that thing for the first time and I was like "is that a lizard... wearing pants???" but over time, it grew on me, and now Scrafty is my all-time favorite Pokémon. xD

And this why I'm not in the cleaning business.

I think I was rather indifferent to Gardevoir back when Gen 3 came out. Now it's one of my favorite Pokémon.

Camerupt for me. Ignored it completely during my initial Gen 3 run through, but used one in ORAS and it kicked so much arse.

It would hurt the very fabric of my soul.

hah, just kidding. I have no soul.

I'll change the topic. Anybody have any particular Pokémon where you did a complete 180 on your opinion of it? Like, a Pokémon you thought was stupid either aesthetically or performance wise, but then grew to love over time? Or maybe a pokémon you thought would be really neat, and then it turned out you didn't like it at all? For me, Scraggy/Scrafty was like that. I saw that thing for the first time and I was like "is that a lizard... wearing pants???" but over time, it grew on me, and now Scrafty is my all-time favorite Pokémon. xD

Shuckle. I was playing random battle on Showdown one day. I received a team of 3 Weedle, a Shuckle, and two other pokemon I can't remember- my opponent, on the other hand, received mostly legendaries.

Needless to say, the Weedle died out pretry quickly. My opponent had a Latios out, and his entire team still able to battle. The two pokemon I can't remember wouldn't do jack against a Latios, so I banked the match on Shuckle as a last resort. Somehow, nor only did Shuckle survive everything Latios threw at it, but it also took it out within 2-3 rollouts. And then it proceeded to straight up steamroll my opponents entire team with rollout.

I still regard Shuckle as shit, but I have respect for shuckle.

Has anyone else noticed the Pokémon world has a bit of a problem with meteorites hitting it?

You have the Delta Episode meteorite, then you have Meteor Falls, where they hit regularly, you have the meteor that was Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram, (presumably) the meteor that killed the dinosaurs, I recall the thing that causes Primal Reversion was a meteor that hit Sootopolis. If we include the animé then we have the meteor of the Clefairy, the first meteor containing the two Deoxys and the meteor that hit Arceus in Jewel of Life. Rayquaza, get your s**t together!

Oh wait, you tried that and I'm pretty sure it's why Kanto and Sinnoh have meteorites in Route 3 and Veilstone City...

Maybe Arceus is using them to wipe out the dinosaurs/fossils, but since scientists keep reviving them he's forced to keep sending more and more until they're all gone. XD

Don't forget the meteor that almost crashed in the first PMD games. Rayquaza had to stop that too. :V

So I did a bit of research into Remoraid after the little debate on how a fish can turn into an octopus. Turns out that cephalopods aren't the only underwater creature with suction cups: Remora also have them. So Remoraid are a species with suction cups, able to spray water at a target and is based on Human weapons. Also consider that Octopodes have species that mimic fish, such as the Mimic Octopus.

So, really, the jump is only in species, and even then you could probably argue that Remoraid is really some sort of octopode mimicking a fish until it's large enough to no longer consider most predators a threat if you're that bothered by it. Assuming the Good and Super Rods are supposed to go deeper, then we could say Octopode Remoraid are found near the ocean floor, as most octopodes are, unless in the presence of Mantine, such as Unova's Route 21, where Mantyke and Mantine are also located, so the Octopode Remoraid could just be hitching a ride on the Mantyke, not getting a proper grip and coming lose (versus when you see them on Mantine, where they remain on the sprite) when you find them on the surface, where they're trying to float back down to the relative safety of the ocean bed.

There we go. A way for people to have both options (Remoraid as a fish and as a small octopus... like Cuttlefish with Mimic Octopus tendencies instead of Remora with Archerfish tendencies).

Last edited:
I've been thinking how much fun it would be to introduce a character based off of Diogenes in a PMD story:

-takes shit from nobody- not even from Alexander the Great
-exists purely to troll the greatest minds in the world- the guy straight up made a fool of Plato and Socrates
-when asked how to be buried, he wanted to be thrown into the wilderness so the wild animals could feast on his body, so long as he was provided a stick to drive them away.

sounds like an interesting fellow.

So, really, the jump is only in species

Which in the context of Pokémon you'd have to be really pedantic to argue over, given that pokémon evolutions jump around the tree of life all the time. Rattlesnake becomes cobra, mandrake becomes rafflesia, etc. I think I said before that remoraid > octillery is one of the most extreme examples I can think of, but a lot of what happens in nature you wouldn't believe just by looking at it, either

I didn't like Shuckle before, but now it's one of my favorite Pokemon. I think that back when I hated Shuckle, I wasn't really into battling? But now I've learned to enjoy it more, and I found that it's a pretty epic troll Pokemon.

I also thought the inanimate object Pokemon were stupid when I was younger, but now I think they're cute and quirky.

Back
Top Bottom