• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I still like the Gyms. I wouldn't mind switching up the formula or whatever (i.e., Leaders based around stats instead of types), but either way, it'd be nice to see a return with the inevitable next region.
Also, I quite enjoyed XY's story (probably because X was my first game). pls don't hate me kthx

What about a core breach? Whatever you've got powering these things would be producing a lot of power, and whatever is producing the power would probably be highly volatile. As such, if that goes off and you're a kilometer away, you're going to get caught in the blast radius and you're gonna have a bad time. Let's not even get into the radiation that would probably flash fry the crew...

Typically, multiple highly-advanced hybrid fusion reactors. In those cases, core breach doesn't result in the ship exploding; the core breach permanently collapses the fusion reaction and fuel recycling process. It's still going to irradiate a good portion of the ship, so it's not something you want if you happen to be trying to capture the ship at the time.

They do have antimatter reactors, but the tendency of those to randomly explode makes antimatter an impractical technology at best.

Typically, multiple highly-advanced hybrid fusion reactors. In those cases, core breach doesn't result in the ship exploding; the core breach permanently collapses the fusion reaction and fuel recycling process. It's still going to irradiate a good portion of the ship, so it's not something you want if you happen to be trying to capture the ship at the time.
Well if you're trying to capture the ship, you just need to drain the resources. Breach the hull, let the air drain out and send in men with spacesuits.

Well if you're trying to capture the ship, you just need to drain the resources. Breach the hull, let the air drain out and send in men with spacesuits.

Depends on how the ship is set up. I figure a military vessel would utilize breach containment methods, automated defenses with their own power supplies, and possibly even ship-roaming ship drones that can be self-piloted in case the central computer fails. Might be easier to send a small team in, have them hack the computer core, and let internal defenses take care of the crew without forcing you to spend the resources to restore atmosphere and patch multiple breaches. Electronic warfare to keep the ship's computer distracted would be a must, of course.

Well I imagine electronic warfare would be difficult because you'd have to get in to it, at which point the ship's defenses are on you and the ship's crew are too. Not to mention I don't think there'd be many ports to connect to the central computer precisely for that reason and any that are would be heavily guarded to prevent such a task on the grounds of you really don't want to fight your own ship. Anyone who could get in to do what you suggest would probably be more apt at just taking out the crew anyway.

I would think blowing out the engines would be the best bet, then just towing it into the orbit of a nearby star and letting that deal with the crew. There's only so much you can be protected from for so long.

I still like the Gyms. I wouldn't mind switching up the formula or whatever (i.e., Leaders based around stats instead of types), but either way, it'd be nice to see a return with the inevitable next region.
Also, I quite enjoyed XY's story (probably because X was my first game). pls don't hate me kthx

XY brought me back to pokemon after forgetting about it for a while, but it was lacking substance overall. So I won't hate you much. ;)

One of these days, I'll get a new console, or even gaming device in general. Hard to believe that the last one I picked up was 12 years ago with the DS.

I'm not getting a Switch until a port for Pokken Tournament is announced :v. The only other game that really interests me rn is Skyrim, but I figured Skyrim would be better off played on PC.

That's what has stopped me from buying consoles recently. Outside of Mario, Zelda and Animal Crossing (is that still a thing anymore?), nothing particularly interests me enough to spend that kind of money. It'd be a terrible investment. Practically everything else that's interested me in the past decade has seen PC releases, especially recently.

That and I really don't need a powerful console to fuel my obsessive Tetris addiction

This is my first new console since either the 3DS or the Wii, depending on whatever definition of console you prefer. I don't usually splash out anything gaming-related, since you really have to play more than the odd game to get enough use out of a console these days (Same goes foe gaming PCs). But, I wanted to play the new Zelda on my own console. That, and even my books aren't as expensive as they used to be

I'm debating the Switch for Breath of the Wild and any potential Pokemon games that come out. I wouldn't consider it if it weren't part handheld. I always lost interest in the home consoles quicky, especially the Wii. And I can at least split the cost with my boyfriend since he wants it more than me, so it wouldn't be an absolutely terrible idea money-wose. At any rate, I guess I have a while to think about it since the console's probably sold out everywhere for the time being.

C-cell...phone?

It's funny because I don't have one

So... It's probably a bit early, but does anyone have any plans for April Fools? Joke chapters, and the like? I'm actually looking forward to doing one this year, but it might run a lot longer than just a single chapter >.>

Back
Top Bottom