• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

as a hobby, writing has to be a bit like running. It might not always be fun when your legs are burning - or when you just cannot figure out how the scene should go - but the pay off is the satisfaction of bludgeoning through to get the job done.
I dunno, if my legs are burning when I'm out for a run, I'm finding a ditch to crawl into. I've clearly pushed myself too hard and must be punished.

Oh, very well

- has to be a bit like archery. It might not be fun when you've broken three arrows in twenty minutes - or when you just cannot figure out how the scene should go - but the pay off is the satisfaction of making that awkward shot

I've made a thread about my video on Reddit, but I'll also PM TRNatalie.

Also, I think the mascot character for my YouTube channel should be a Skitty wearing an Empoleon onesie. A long time ago, I came up with a character named Skitpoleon, an Empoleon-coloured Skitty who was genetically mutated when her egg was struck by lightning, for a forum roleplay. This is a less stupid version of that.

I always liked the design of Skitpoleon, mind, even if she's just a recolour. Problem is, recolours are seen as amateurish.

Problem: I'm not good at digital art, and I don't know who I can order this art from because I have nothing to pay them with. There's also the problem that I might change my mind, as I did a few months ago on another website with other mascot/character ideas.

some people do requests, i suggest you stalk furry sites and strike when someone's feeling generous

well first you need either a tablet or ten thousand tons of patience to do things with a mouse

then you get paint.net or firealpaca because paying is for capitalists

and then you watch proko until you're leonardo da vinci. done

Never was all that good at visual art. I was a competent painter, when I did tabletop gaming. Although in that context, being competent is more about being patient than being talented. Example:

1186227_577660512302747_435070015_n.jpg

then you get paint.net or firealpaca because paying is for capitalists
I use Pixlr, or at least I did. Maybe I could do something I've never done before and digital over a drawing?

It's a shame I cancelled those art orders back at the start of this year, too, since some of the artists were really good.

On an unrelated note, why are so many let's plays of 3DS games blind? Specifically, the kind of blind that LuckySevenDX calls "day one LPs". I like my let's plays to have passion in them, which you can't really do when the game only just came out. I want to find a good let's play of Triple Deluxe or Paper Jam (wouldn't taste very nice). The only people I can think of who have done non-day-one let's plays of 3DS games are LuckySevenDX and chuggaaconroy.

Wow! That's a great painting!

It's nice of you to say so, but I'm telling you, most of that is just patience. The lettering on the nameplate is a bit rubbish - I might have been better off painting over it entirely and starting again, but white does not cover black well at all and I didn't want to end up making more of a mess

It's nice of you to say so, but I'm telling you, most of that is just patience.
Well, that's art really. I typically spend a couple hours hammering out just the basic framework whenever I work on something, I doubt it "comes naturally" to anyone other than someone who was born with a gift for it. What you've done there may indeed be patience, but don't sell yourself short; it's good, too.

Speaking of people born with artistic talent, it really chaps my ass when I'm browsing DeviantArt and come across a visual masterpiece stuffed away in someone's scraps, and the artist's only comment about it is "lol 15 minutes of practice". Really hard to believe sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom