• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I like the mental image of my cute 'n' marketable protagonist looking up to the antagonist, smirking smugly and saying: "I'm not afraid of you!"

In other news, I got a box set of Digimon Adventure today. From what a YouTuber Billiam said in his review, I can gather that the English dub is standard for anime dubs at the time, but it's not the worst. I also got Cars 3 and Mune: Guardian of the Moon.

i could really use a pfp change but i dont have any suitable pic to use... not sure if i wanna bother with drawing one... hm

The last episode of chuggaaconroy's Welcome amiibo let's play should have been uploaded a few minutes ago, but it hasn't, and I'm getting worried.

I like the mental image of my cute 'n' marketable protagonist looking up to the antagonist, smirking smugly and saying: "I'm not afraid of you!"

In other news, I got a box set of Digimon Adventure today. From what a YouTuber Billiam said in his review, I can gather that the English dub is standard for anime dubs at the time, but it's not the worst. I also got Cars 3 and Mune: Guardian of the Moon.
The dub for digimon is pretty okay, actually. (Then again, I might be biased because digimon was my favorite show for years when I was younger.)

I watched the first seven episodes earlier. I'm a very tolerant person. The English Digimon dub has weirdly deep voices, but the only characters who annoy me are Agumon and Gabumon.

As for bad Japanese voice acting, the fictional language from Monster Hunter Stories is intonated exactly like Japanese, creating an audio version of the uncanny valley. Everyone sounds incredibly generic, and Lilia is on helium. It made me appreciate Klonoa's Phantomilan voice acting.

EDIT: Yay, I killed the thread...

Last edited:
This conversation has reminded me that a friend wants me to watch a Digimon season 'cause he's permanently and totally switched from being a Pokemon fanatic to being a Digimon fanatic, and whatever he likes, I usually end up liking just as much.

I've spent forever avoiding Digimon. D: Send help.

I've been into Digimon this year because a Tumblr user, whose blog I started looking at because she used to post a lot of Spirit Tracks stuff, and her sister started a let's play of Digimon World. I've been really burned out on Pokémon this year.

I also was looking at my old YouTube thumbnails and realise that I miss Lia-Belle the Yanma. I literally only chose her to be my "mascot" because I was thinking too hard about Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly at the time, but when I abandoned her, I couldn't stick with other characters I came up with for long.

Anyway, I realised this morning that Cosmog and Cosmovum are basically the Pokémon version of Fresh and In-Training Digimon, rekindling my idea of redesigning Pokémon as Digimon. Here's my thought processes:
  • Digimon get more detailed as they evolve. (Maybe that's why people say modern Pokémon look like Digimon?)
  • I like The Dex's theory that legendaries are "super-evolutions", so maybe they could be ultimates?
  • What words haven't been put into Digimon names yet? (I don't have much of a naming sense, which isn't a problem when making fake Digimon. =P

Can't help (Usagi Drop, Toradora, Hyouka)

No regrets. But Digimon, I could regret. I can't love Pokemon's rival! And as a side note, I did watch One Week Friends entirely a couple months ago. JFC my heart, goodbye.

Sooo if anyone needs anime recommendations, here's your man.

I've been into Digimon this year because a Tumblr user, whose blog I started looking at because she used to post a lot of Spirit Tracks stuff, and her sister started a let's play of Digimon World. I've been really burned out on Pokémon this year.

I've heard quite a few comparisons of Pokemon this year to Digimon, what with USUM's changes and stuff. Won't go into spoilers here because the game is still ultra new, but... yeah, if you like Digimon, might as well get the whole experience instead of the wannabe Pokemon now.

I have about a week to decide what I am going to have time to write before there then. I want to get the first few edits for 8ES and Galactic, but I also want to do TFW and my Alola story.... I hate choices!

At least it's someone else's problem to deal with all the nominations this time ;P

I'm still in two minds about whether to enter. It would be nice to get Twenty Eight out before then, though there's a good chance I won't have the time. More importantly, though, there's a couple of stories out there that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to beat. I don't really want to put nose to grindstone for the sake of a long longshot

The way it worked last year is that you'd submit one of your stories and another user's of the same genre. It also applied to submitting characters too. You do this through PMs when the thread opens up in two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom