• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Thanks. May the gods thoroughly curse the man who thought it was a great idea to import that little tradition into the UK
My family doesn't know why we have Black Friday in the UK either. =/

I feel bad for not buying Little King's Story for £1 a while ago because I was worried I wouldn't get invested in it.

Should I get a PS4 or a Switch? I'll list the games I want later.

is mario odyssey on ps4? there's your answer. though i will have to admit i'm a pretty big nintendrone so this reply isn't the most unbiased on the world

I've heard good things about Breath of the Wild, Kingdom Battle, and Oddyssey, but I'm not desperate to play either of them, and in the case of the former, I already have a Wii U. I also have the original version of Mario Kart 8, which I haven't played yet.

As for PS4, I'm interested in - but not desperate to play - the Kingdom Hearts compilation thing, Digimon World: Next Order, and Secret of Mana Remake. My main problem with this collection of games is that they're all the same genre (action RPG), and I'm worried I'll lose dedication and go through a burnout, especially with Kingdom Hearts. Also, I became interested in that series because of the Toy Story trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, and Caddicaurs' reviews of the series. I've heard that Next Order involves a lot of grinding. I've played the original version of Secret of Mana, but got stuck early on. I can't seem to enjoy any SNES game besides Kirby's Dream Land 3, and let's playing that has made me realise it's not as good as I remember.

As for non-ARPG games... Parappa the Rapper 2 is on the PlayStation Store, but you need a subscription for that, and I've already seen two whole-plot-summary reviews and a longplay of it.

Last edited:
kay how nerdy am i for actually choosing coding to spend my free time on over anything else today

Finally getting around to doing something productive is a great feeling, like when I recorded an episode of Kirby's Dream Land 3 on Monday.

As for my console dilemma, I'll ask the "What games were you thinking of buying?" thread.

I can't say I was desperate to play Breath of the Wild either - I bought a Switch because I hadn't had a new console since the Wii (Assuming you don't count a 3DS) and the portability makes it infinitely more practical for me. But having played it I can say I've not had this much fun playing a game in years

Hey guys! Can you guys help me with some writers block or should I create a seperate thread for that. Or is there a seperate thread about asking for writers block help? I don't know. Anyway, I need a framing device for my story but I can't think how.

Hey guys! Can you guys help me with some writers block or should I create a seperate thread for that. Or is there a seperate thread about asking for writers block help? I don't know. Anyway, I need a framing device for my story but I can't think how.
I usually get through a block by going off and doing something else for a while to clear my head, then reread what I already have in case something pops out at me that I may have missed or forgot about

Knowing all about the characters you're writing also helps since you already know how their story ends, now you just have to write how they got there

Writing by the seat of your pants is how you wind up in a corner and have to resort to deus ex machina or other such clunky things rather than a smoother natural path

You can create a separate thread for most things writing related, really. We have threads for general concepts like Plot Bunny Zoo because quick plot questions show up a lot and usually a whole thread isn’t needed for then. If you’re unsure whether a thread has been made for your topic already, there’s a list of all the big name threads in the first post of the rulebook. ^^

I like Twilight-Kun’s advice, though I do sometimes tend to get out of writer’s block by writing literally whatever comes to mind. If it turns out as absolute garbage or completely useless to the story, I throw it out but at least I was writing something.

I usually get through a block by going off and doing something else for a while to clear my head, then reread what I already have in case something pops out at me that I may have missed or forgot about

Knowing all about the characters you're writing also helps since you already know how their story ends, now you just have to write how they got there

Writing by the seat of your pants is how you wind up in a corner and have to resort to deus ex machina or other such clunky things rather than a smoother natural path
Well, yeah I know all that and I know how it'll end but I don't know how it'll begin. I need a way to get all my characters together.

Well, yeah I know all that and I know how it'll end but I don't know how it'll begin. I need a way to get all my characters together.
Usually just writing lends itself to filling in some blanks as the story progresses

The characters don't have to meet each other in chapter two and you can use the length of getting there to give depth to your world as they move through it from two sides before meeting in the middle

The General Writing Questions has traditionally been the place for help with writer's block :)

In the mood for: Pokémon/Digimon crossovers. Anyone know of any good ones?

Also, I want to sort out my confused emotions about A Dog's Purpose.

I seem to recall that the dog unit that worked on the film had less than stellar health and safety when it came to the dog actors. Not an unreasonable thing to be ticked off by, really, when the film was targetting mostly animal lovers

Of course, a certain website had to make it seem like the backlash was way bigger than it actually was...

On a lighter note, what about Pokémon/Digimon crossovers?

Back
Top Bottom