• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Managed to find a piece of English quaintness at the market today - a 1949 sixpence (Pre-decimalisation, would you believe it). I've never seen a British coin without Queen Elizabeth's head on before. Apparently it's trendy to incorporate them into jewellery

Currently playing Ultra Sun. I want a Totem Araquanid and am prepared to trade my Totem Marowak and/or Gumshoos for it. If anyone wants to trade, PM me.

having a song in your head is one thing, having urges to randomly shout out death grips lyrics is another. but it's not my fault they're so quotable. TEN NINE EIGHT SEVEN TRIPLE SIX FIVE FORKED TONGUE

@Beth Pavell The concept of collecting coins has always been weird to me. You're paying for money.

Also, why was that commemorative Queen coin from last year only legal tender in Jersey, of all places?

I never thought a business phone call will be such a pain in the ass.

Someone will think a generic "bad phone call" is when the other side being ill-mannered and impolite, speaking with a bunch of swearing in between and didn't get the business done? Well not necessarily, because I find there is another kind of "bad phone call" without doing any of the previously mentioned things.

I spoke to a consultant of an agency I'd never known before, asking for help in providing some contract work. The consultant on the other side of the phone wasn't irritated nor uninterested nor impolite, in fact she kept to herself the throughout the entire call. But that is exactly the problem!
She spoke with an absolute emotionless tone like a mechanical robot, dragging on the ceremonial introductory speeches manually, asking redundant trivial questions that can be answer using one's common senses, and when I couldn't hear clearly what she said so I beg for her pardon, she repeated the previous sentence in exactly the same wordings and same mechanical voice without a single change that can help me understand more easily, so I couldn't help but just try to open my ear widely and listen to her again and again carefully. Finally at last, when I got my business done with her, here comes again the manual epilogue speeches spoke in robotic voice. Well at the very least she wasn't impolite, because during this phone span words of apologies and gratitude was all over the place where I lost count of how many times she said "Please" "I'm sorry" "Thank you" or sentences with similar meaning.

I'm speaking to a human, right? Why did I felt like it was even worse than speaking to an automatic phone call system operated by computer?
I became bored and uninterested and felt like just wanted to stop having business with this agency in the midway of the call.

holy ding dong diddly heck did i have a bad case of the inception today

i fell asleep on a bean bag chair in a lounge in my uni, hoping to catch some sleep for the hours i missed last night staying up late on my phone writing (relatable amirite). i then apparently dreamt waking up in the same chair multiple times, each time being extremely tired and barely conscious with no sense of direction, trying to leave the area because it was apparently getting cleaned and they needed that. but each time i fell asleep some way through and woke up in that chair again, restarting my progress. with the last time, it was so bad that when i heard my father's voice and saw him, i couldn't speak to ask for help and just made a really pathetic whimper. and with that whimper, i finally woke up in real reality, apparently having uttered that whimper in real life too. hope no one noticed.

after that, i decided that i really needed to get some food so that i'd stay awake for at least the last lecture and my way home. hope this doesn't carry over to tomorrow, i have a coding exam that can take up to three hours.

That feeling when you drive 45 minutes to the DMV to try to stop driving around with an expired car inspection/registration but the power is out, so you get kicked out and gotta go back tomorrow.

Seems like the last week of November has a personal grudge against members of the Writers Workshop, eh?

Hey guys! How good is mystery dungeon story wise? Is it worth suffering through the boring gameplay?

I think I've said that Ace Attorney is the only game to make me cry thus far, but now that I think about it, PMD Red/Blue Rescue Team made me cry, too. I liked the story enough in every game except Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, which I never ended up finishing.

EDIT: And I too do not care for the gameplay.

Last edited:
I think I've said that Ace Attorney is the only game to make me cry thus far, but now that I think about it, PMD Red/Blue Rescue Team made me cry, too. I liked the story enough in every game except Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, which I never ended up finishing.

EDIT: And I too do not care for the gameplay.
Hmm... Maybe I should try it again then. Also: I to like ace attorney.

This last week of November has treated me well so far, moreso than any other week this year, but it's only really just begun. Got a very important day coming up and I'm starting to worry I won't be ready for it...

looky here i have a fancy sig banner now too \o/ although it could be smaller, anyone know how to set the image size specifically again?

reminds me that i really should finish the one banner i've been working on for several months now

the source picture already differs from that in size, though, so clearly there's some resizing going on in the text editor... ugh, i know it's possible to do with HTML but i've already forgotten most of it and i don't know how PHP affects it

edit: okay so turns out HTML isn't supported, so i had to give the original image very big transparent horizontal borders and that finally worked. problem is now that, when hovered over, it underlines the below newline too (which shouldn't even be there because it does not appear in the editor).

also, while it is still under 160px now, it's still 700 px wide because it literally autoscales it to it no matter what i do. beginning to understand why my dad gets frustrated with a lot of websites' functionalities

okay NOW it worked, just had to make it really tiny.

Last edited:
I've recently felt like bringing back my old Pokésona, Skitpoleon. Problem is, I'm not good at digital art and don't have anything to pay people with, since I don't want to transact real money over the internet and I'm not on any virtual pet sites any more.

Back
Top Bottom