• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

isn't YMMV supposed to kind of be a controversial zone? there might be less moderation. or more, but focused on moderating edit fights.

Thing is, Complete Monster is never spoiler tagged even when the rest of the page is, including when the same character is mentioned under different tropes.

In other news, I thought it was a good idea to remind myself of the Yami page on the Okami Wikia about a month ago, and now sometimes I worry about mentioning my interpretation of a game in a let's play in fear that my name will end up under Word of Dante.

I'm considering to change the rating for PMD: Unequivocant. I don't plan on having anything that would make it 'Teen', except for maybe the fight scenes there are. Does anyone else think this is fine judging from my previous work?

I'm considering to change the rating for PMD: Unequivocant. I don't plan on having anything that would make it 'Teen', except for maybe the fight scenes there are. Does anyone else think this is fine judging from my previous work?
Depends on how much blood is going to be in them really, and how frequent they are.
If they are nothing worse than a standard Pokemon battle most of the time, then 'Everyone' should be fine. If they are quite a bit darker, or there is bloodshed then 'Teen' would be the better option. If you don't know, it's best to stay on the safe side and go with the higher rating.

hah, that makes me imagine a scenario where there's an otherwise family-friendly fic with only good wholesome content, but all the characters curse like sailors.

I decided to put an idea I use to compare and contrast stories in the same franchise into words.
Me on Twitter said:
Tentatively-titled model for comparing two works in the same franchise: the Orange and the Blue. The Orange (eg: Kirby's Dream Land 3, FMA03, Cars 1) is slow and focuses on emotions, while the Blue (eg: Kirby Super Star, FMAB, Cars 2) is fast and focuses on action.
Does this make sense? If anyone has a better name, please let me know.

Orange refers to the dramatic lighting I love so much (I like to call it "warmfeels"), while blue refers to shinyness.

I decided to put an idea I use to compare and contrast stories in the same franchise into words.

Does this make sense? If anyone has a better name, please let me know.

Orange refers to the dramatic lighting I love so much (I like to call it "warmfeels"), while blue refers to shinyness.
What about the melee and the brawl.

What about the melee and the brawl.
Well... I suppose Melee is the one competitive people play, while Brawl focuses more on story... but it's not universally understood. I sometimes imagine myself describing the contrast between the first two Cars movies as "the difference between 2003 and Brotherhood".

Well... I suppose Melee is the one competitive people play, while Brawl focuses more on story... but it's not universally understood. I sometimes imagine myself describing the contrast between the first two Cars movies as "the difference between 2003 and Brotherhood".
I was joking. I've actually got nothing.

typically orange refers to active and blue to calm, but i can see what you mean. orange is warmer and more earthy, blue colder and closer to tech and space and whatnot. for this reason, i very often shade characters with warm tones, as cold tones makes them look lifeless.

The section of the forums for our holiday event should now be viewable - there was an issue before now. ^^; But yeah, hope to see you all there, hehehe. It's not everyday we get to do a forum-wide event with some monetary prizes. ;D It's a good way to test your skills!

typically orange refers to active and blue to calm, but i can see what you mean. orange is warmer and more earthy, blue colder and closer to tech and space and whatnot. for this reason, i very often shade characters with warm tones, as cold tones makes them look lifeless.
That's it! I'll call this model Metaphorical Warm/Cool Juxtaposition.

I guess I just got put on the naughty list this year for that. Now I'll never get USUM like I asked for. =(

As a side note, it definitely does not feel like December or holiday time here. This week has still been close to beach weather. We even got up to 70 degrees F the other day... Much better than all that snow and ice my home in the midwest is getting. : ' )

Is it just me, or is every game controversial these days? If Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was released today, its entire YMMV page on TV Tropes would consist of an Overshadowed by Controversy entry about the censorship. I'm not saying that people should hate that game, and I don't have any strong opinions on censorship, it's just that it would never fly in today's internet climate. I'm nostalgic for the time when games were just self-contained entertainment.

I'm slightly worried that the Wonder movie will end up being controversial, considering what happened to another slice of life movie, based on a book, released earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom