• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

yes, the cops are on their way to your house right now, run

i will admit it was a bit turquoise, but definitely within the scope of green.

Needs some work ... instead they ought to be four "quirky" guys tasked by an angel to get miserably single but equally quirky women into fulfilling relationships. Hijinks and an improbably attractive cast ensue. Bonus points if at least one is a transparent attempt to copy Sheldon Cooper
*hisses violently*

i have seen SEVERAL colors in my lifetime i think i know what im talking about

Do many people around here roleplay much? My proofreader--who happens to be my cousin--keeps hounding me for such a thing, as she is regular role player herself. I've got an idea for one that takes place in my PMD world that I can start up, but as its been a while since I've roleplayed (three years!), I was just wondering what you may think.

Not personally - nowadays, at any rate - but there's a whole forum for it. And back in the day at least, I saw a lot of crossover between roleplayers and writers from the fanfiction section. I used to be part of a little unofficial club of writers who'd support each other's fics with reviews and then go roleplay together. Good fun, good writing practice, what's not to love?

i used to roleplay years ago as a kid, but then all the rps i was in died and i moved on from the particular forum anyway.

i've been wondering if i should try it again, but i dunno. i'm worried i'll mess up everyone's fun or someone else does it for me.

I will say this much: roleplayers in general tend to be very prone to drama, in my experience. I think it just comes with the territory; they're sort of like theatre kids in that regard, being passionate and creative types.

Oh damn there's Pokemon on Netflix. The original series, X&Y, XY&Z, and a few of the more recent movies. There goes all of my productivity for the next week or so!

Also, I got really excited because the Indigo League season listed the original Japanese cast, but it's English only. :s I do so love subbed Pokemon.

I have actually been tempted to watch the end of XY&Z. It seems they really went big for once in concluding the villainous arc, which is pretty surprising as I believe they didn't really include much of it until the very end. I highly doubt they will be doing the same with Skull in Sun and Moon - haven't they already wrapped up the entirety of the 'Nebby' plot?

XY&Z's final episodes were the best Pokemon movie since Rise of Darkrai. And that's saying something, because they weren't a movie. But damn did they feel like one.

I've finally thought of some antagonists for my story!

Basically, the deuteragonist comes from a place that fell into ruin long ago. He was so frustrated with his life, due to having a lot of pressure placed upon him, there that he escaped to the nicer place, where the protagonist lives. The deuteragonist's older sister, the sub-antagonist, was sent to look for him and bring him back, so he can be punished for being a deserter. Meanwhile, someone else, the main antagonist, from the ruined place learns of the nicer place's existence and is jealous of its inhabitants. She's like Princess Hilda, but not!

Problem is... what will the main antagonist do, exactly?

well, whatever she thinks will bring her satisfaction. attempt to destroy the nice place, enslave its inhabitants, take over, whatever. depends a lot on what her resources are. a political leader will have much more she can work with than some rando peasant.

I'm not sure if I want to make her ideology "if I can't have this, no-one can", or "I'm harming this world for the sake of mine".

Now I'm remembering this YouTube comment about the Toy Story in Kingdom Hearts III:
YMX kidnapped a little boy and his toys?
Sounds like Xehanort had an unhappy childhood.
"IF I CAN'T HAVE TOYS, YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM EITHER'

tfw you have to do integrals after you haven't touched them for 9 months

im gonna need a moment to process what you're torqueing about

Back
Top Bottom