• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

GCSE stands for general certificate of secondary education. I only know this because a let's player I watch mentioned this once.

On a completely unrelated note, today I've been remembering that Fullmetal Alchemist omake where Ed and Al's conditions were swapped. The joke was that Ed got to be tall.

Received this beast today that was in dire need of cleaning. My room is filled with the foul reeks of petrol and alcohol but I'm done cleaning 122 keycaps and keystems. The keyboard is from July '97 but still sounds and feels like new. Now to find some keycaps to replace the ones with the Italian characters and to think of a use for all of those extra keys it got.

ibm_model_m122.jpg

old keyboards are so much superior to modern ones. our home computer's one is over 15 years old and it works perfectly (even if a few keys are able to come off, including the arrow keys, which can make playing games pretty hard of you're not careful), but my brother's keyboard has text completely worn off from the WASD keys.

and then there was my laptop that had a few keys just straight up stop working for no reason after only months of usage. we had to get it fixed two different times.

True, I got about a dozen different mechanical keyboards around, most of them with Cherry MX switches. I can't decide so I switch keyboards very often.

Those Model M and F from IBM are a treasure in itself. When is the last time you had a electronic device (or computer peripheral for that matter) that bears a sticker showing when its made, where its made, the paraph of who made it and the paraph of who did the quality check? These keyboards have it.

Last edited:
The "A" key keeps popping off my laptop keyboard. Surprisingly I've managed to glue it back on with gel superglue, a solution I didn't really expect to work, but it was either that or change my desk set-up with the addition of a cheap wireless keyboard.

My last laptop had permanently missing keys I'd need to use lot (the N key, the O key, the I key...) because my bird would peck them off and I couldn't get them back on. That's my only real experience with keyboards besides the "if they work, they work and that's all I need" thought process. :p

i kinda want a new profile pic, but i'm worried the next one just won't be as good as this. y'all feel me ?

I'm sure you'll be fine. I thought it'd have been difficult to surpass your knife-wielding spheal, but your current one worked out.

kinda odd how the pfps i've ended up having the longest are both just doodles i've made with no intention of showing off anywhere. the spheal one was part of a sketch request and this one was literally just for a discord shitpost

there are more hours in the day i am on discord vs the hours i am not on discord

today i had a very strong mental conflict over whether to stay on campus for some lectures or not. the lectures are very slow and often go over stuff i already know, but the materials of today also had some things i didn't really understand. but then again i had little faith that being on the lectures would really help in that regard. but i also knew skipping class makes me feel stupidly guilty regardless of whether it brings actual harm or not. but i also wanted to work on my coding assignment which i can only do at home.

then it was immediately solved when i remembered the lectures are recorded and available online as soon as the following day. yay for third choices!

lol win/win

I always felt guilty skipping class, too, but some days the only way I could motivate myself to go was to bring my laptop, sit at the far back of the class, and read the Pokemon Special manga. Or play Ghost Trick. True story. I'm not an auditory learner by any means and PowerPoints were far too vague/scarce to actually make attending worth it. :p

Is Discord fun? I haven't used it yet.

I haven't ever skipped school but I did have to leave school to go to a special class at a college campus for the first three and a half months of the school year.

I never skipped a day of school. I skipped probably half my days of university. It's amazing how quickly human beings can renege on their core principles.

i missed my alarm today so my mom yelled to wake me up and i was right in the middle of having a dream and it really fucked me up for the rest of the morning, i got a headache for no reason and had almost no idea what was going on

and i dreamt about some really amazing story concept but when i woke up i'd forgotten it > : ((((

discord being fun largely depends on what channel you go to. different chats are different because they have different people and conventions. i love the hell out of the KYM chat but that place definitely isn't for the faint of heart

Back
Top Bottom