• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

When I was a kid, I had corrective surgery on my right eye because the muscles around it were weak, out of alignment and it was doing weird movements without my control (imagine a chameleon, that was my right eye). It was swollen shut for about three days after the operation and I was generally good with keeping my eyes shut (even my uninjured working one). But as Ambyssin said, your brain just gets sick of the lack of sensory input and is like "okay, time to open your eyes and see OH GOD THE PAIN MAKE IT STOP CLOSE THEEEEEEM"

The brain is a strange beast, and sometimes there's little you can do to stop it from maintaining what it's comfortable with, even if you put conscious effort into it. That's why I can't do heights; I'm not particularly afraid of them, but my brain nopes out anyways as soon as I set foot on the third step of a 30 foot ladder.

Yeah... the brain's so dang complicated we still haven't properly mapped it out.
Urgh, I know, as a guy with PDD-NOS I struggle with my brain every day. I only know when I have reached my limits when it's too late.

Urgh, I know, as a guy with PDD-NOS I struggle with my brain every day. I only know when I have reached my limits when it's too late.
Gotcha. Not gonna lie, had to think for a moment b/c now that PDD-NOS has been written out of the DSM, I've pretty much removed that term from my memory. ^^;

Yeah... the brain's so dang complicated we still haven't properly mapped it out.
There's a Vsauce video that ends with Michael saying that scientists know more about the depths of space than the human brain.

Tommy Edison does lots of videos about being totally blind.

Also, I'm currently reading through a Tumblr blog dedicated to a certain Fullmetal Alchemist character's acquired blindness.

Considering the measureless depths of the average person's lack of intelligence and critical thinking capacity, I think you're giving the brain a little too much credit.

If you wanted to experience blindness, take a blindfold you may buy in £1 shop or in a hotel room or inside the hygiene item packet distributed on airplanes (depends on the airline company, though). For the best result, I rather suggest a VR headset because they don't allow lights going in, just remember don't turn it on. WEAR IT FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS AND DO NOT DARE TO TAKE IT OFF EVEN FOR A SECOND!!!

Thing is, I'd totally be down to do this

If I had the time to do it, that is. Maybe I'll try it for at least a half day during spring break if I can free up that much time.

Just wait, like, 24 hours. I'm sure Star Allies is going to have tons of fanfic fuel...

... like the fact that Flamberge totally has the hots for Francisca. (Pun entirely intended.)
I thought it was a sort of sisterly (brotherly? I don't know. Flamberge sounds very masculine but...) protectiveness. (Also: I've seen a few videos and I kust say I do not approve of the third mage's repeated use of words (made up or otherwise) beginning in Jamb

Exactly. I cleared chemical plant act 1 in 43 seconds. Now thats neat. If also less time then forces classic chemical plant. But mania does have more superb level design. I generally think forces goes more for a Sonic 2 style of level design.

I care. So much so that Im avoiding spoilers so I can play the game blind. All I know is buff Dedede but they showed that already.

Back
Top Bottom