• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I haven't given Discord my number, but I still use it. I can just simply... not give my number. My confusion isn't at the desire not to give one's number, but at not using the app at all for daring to suggest you might like to use two-factor authentication.

In order for it to ask for your number, you have to purposefully navigate to the option that asks for your number. If you don't remember doing it, you likely didn't. If you don't have two factor authentication, you definitely didn't.

Big news! My partner's moving in with my family soon for a few months while we get ready to get our own little place. This is great news, cause her home right now is a permanent disaster, but it might not be straightforward. Hopefully it goes just fine. Still intend to participate in the WW as much as before, of course.

Hello everyone! How goes it!
Big news! My partner's moving in with my family soon for a few months while we get ready to get our own little place. This is great news, cause her home right now is a permanent disaster, but it might not be straightforward. Hopefully it goes just fine. Still intend to participate in the WW as much as before, of course.
Congrats.

Hi there, and thanks! It goes okay. Stressed about whether the above big news will go well or not, and about all the work I gotta do for my online IT course, chiefly.

A while ago, I tried joining Flight Rising but didn't, purely because it asked for my full real name and I don't know why they'd need to know that.

Just tell 'em your full real name is Brickface McFightmaster and breed some dragons.
The real problem with Flight Rising is the busted economy... never played it myself but several of my friends lost weeks of their lives to it.

Also, is Flight Rising still doing periodic registration? Either way, I'll stick to Wings of Fire for my dragon politics needs.

I've discarded two versions of a scene I've written, with only the first few sentences staying the same, and have just begun take three. I've never been this patient with myself while writing before.

Also, is Flight Rising still doing periodic registration? Either way, I'll stick to Wings of Fire for my dragon politics needs.

I've discarded two versions of a scene I've written, with only the first few sentences staying the same, and have just begun take three. I've never been this patient with myself while writing before.
It’s funny. Dragon politics in Wings of Fire pretty much amounts to making demands and then trying to kill each other. Just like real world polotics. Burn!

Congrats, Jack! That's pretty much my living arrangement right now, and it's been going well. Was kind of a huge adjustment, considering how different my boyfriend's family is from my own, but it worked out so that we've been able to save up enough money to buy our own house (which, incidentally, we're gathering up the initial paperwork for tomorrow).

Best of luck to you, Kris. I hope to be in the same boat soon enough! (Although we intend to rent somewhere in between so we can be independent and what not.)

Best of luck to you, Kris. I hope to be in the same boat soon enough! (Although we intend to rent somewhere in between so we can be independent and what not.)

We were thinking about renting, too, but depending on your area, it might just make sense to go straight to buying. Renting where I am in Delaware is $300 or more per month compared to just buying.

Hi, @Flaze! Good to see you're still about, and a mod no less!

Being an adult confers positive and negative attributes, responsibilities, privileges and so on. I find that independence and spending money are wonderful things to have, but I'm not convinced I love them more than I dislike having to do all the adult stuff that comes with them!

Anyway, I'm currently trying damn hard to fix my sleep and productivity issues. Currently sleeping 12-7am most nights, and today I've eaten and dressed and got ready for work much earlier than usual. Success is inevitable but gradual...

Perks of being an adult: stay up as late as you want, and if you are craving a chocolate milkshake in the dead of night, you can find a place to drive and just get one.

Taxes, jobs, paperwork, insurance, etc.? Yeah, not as fun. But I think adults tend to exaggerate that for you and make anxiety all the worse. If I hear yet another lecture from my parents about how I'll suddenly be spending $1,200+/mo on my health insurance when I'm kicked off of theirs at 26 so I absolutely HAVE to be out of school and in a stable full-time job by then, I'm going to punch a wall. I won't have the income for that for a long time yet, given my part-time job and part-time school status mix, and I'm not married with kids. Everyone I know in my situation pays almost nothing (and, in my boyfriend's case, literally $0). -_-

If I hear yet another lecture from my parents about how I'll suddenly be spending $1,200+/mo on my health insurance when I'm kicked off of theirs at 26 so I absolutely HAVE to be out of school and in a stable full-time job by then, I'm going to punch a wall. I won't have the income for that for a long time yet, given my part-time job and part-time school status mix, and I'm not married with kids. Everyone I know in my situation pays almost nothing (and, in my boyfriend's case, literally $0). -_-

Speaking from personal experience, paying for health insurance when you don't have a full-time job is a nightmare. I could barely cover all the expenses even while working 2 part-time jobs. Of course, I didn't make enough money to qualify for ACA subsidies, so it may not be a perfect comparison.

And I know it might be annoying, but your parents worries are somewhat justified. I'm not trying to scare you, just giving you the heads up, because I don't want anyone else to go through what I did.

Speaking from personal experience, paying for health insurance when you don't have a full-time job is a nightmare. I could barely cover all the expenses even while working 2 part-time jobs. Of course, I didn't make enough money to qualify for ACA subsidies, so it may not be a perfect comparison.

And I know it might be annoying, but your parents worries are somewhat justified. I'm not trying to scare you, just giving you the heads up, because I don't want anyone else to go through what I did.

It's fine, haha. I had the thought that someone might post to back up their worries anyway, and I thought it'd be more refreshing to hear a new voice if so. Your link tells me what I've been telling them, though: that things could change and worrying about it 5 years in advance was not helpful so much as it was anxiety-inducing (I just turned 25, so it's almost crunch time now, but the lectures have been happening since I was 21 -- literally for every phone call I've had with them and during every visit).

At any rate, a quick look shows me I have low enough income that I could go through Medicaid. Which probably isn't the best insurance, but outside of needing vision coverage, routine visits, and the potential accident coverage, I'd probably be okay? If I went back for psychiatrist/therapist visits and medications like I used to, that could be another story. I have no idea what I'm doing, though, I will admit that. >.> I need to set aside the time to look more in-depth soon for real.

America is terrifying to me. (For many reasons besides this, actually.) I live in a country where kids with congenital illnesses get free healthcare at point of contact and the idea that this is a controversial thing overseas is a mild culture shock every time I'm reminded of it.

Back
Top Bottom