• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yikes, Kris, that sounds like a frustrating goddamn experience. You've got my sympathy.

People should respect pets more! They are no less worthy of patience and kindness than humans, and they are entirely our responsibility once we've rendered them dependent on us.

I love pets — I've had a trio of sibling cats, sadly all long passed, and my family still has a pair of terrier mongrels who are very sweet, if very stupid. I love them dearly. I also became very fond of my partner's bearded dragon until she passed about a month ago now, and I adore her family's cats. One of them is a vile little demon with no love in her heart, and the other is a big softie who'll let you cradle him like a baby for ages. I hope my partner and I get to have our own pets before too long.

@diamondpearl876 Yikes, yeah that's not good to hear at all. The worst thing a pet could come into is an environment where its caregiver will be exasperated with them. Seems like a recipe for trouble.

Thanks for the support, guys. It went well overall. Indeed the dog jumps on my bird's cage and gets excited over her presence, but she didn't snarl or try to attack or anything. Just seemed interested. She responds to discipline, so the jumping should stop in a few days. Bird wants nothing to do with the dog and keeps doing this defensive post every time she walks by, lol.

9K8gL2d.jpg

At any rate, it's kinda hard to be mad when you actually start seeing a dog who's been a stray for a while run up and down the house, tail wagging while exploring, and hungry for human affection, haha. Bf's mom still seems exasperated by everything she has to do, but hopefully I was jumping the gun on my opinions and that she was just tired/nervous when getting everything ready.

For pets, I've also got a leopard gecko that likes to follow my fingers around and nibble on them like they're food. :p Plus he has a hamster wheel, which... I mean, he's not gonna win a race or anything, but he can spend hours and hours just walking in that thing.

Used to have a lot more cockatiels. Had 6 at once when I lived with my parents, but an accident happened when I was away at college that left only the one I have in the pic. My uncle got me started on cockatiels as a birthday present when I was 6 or so. Two decades later, I can't imagine not ever having one for the rest of my life. xD Had a golden retriever growing up for a little bit as well, and she was the sweetest thing that would put up with my shenanigans all the time. :p If I wanted her to join me in my little kiddie pool on the deck, she'd do it, for example. I can't remember for the life of me if she ever interacted with my birds, now that I think about it...

I'd prefer cats over dogs, but I'm allergic to them. Not deathly so, but close. Pet a friend's cat a couple years ago, and 4 hours later, I couldn't breathe. If I don't pet them, though, I'm totally fine? *shrugs*

That's one nice bird cage! All for one bird?

Haha, yeah . . . When she's awake, 90% of the time she's out of the cage, but for that 10% she's not, she's not suddenly restricted to a super small cage and has lots of room to explore anyway. Spoiled child. :'v

I got the cage on sale, hoping so much room would mean she'd become less resistant to being put inside. But nope. Still takes about 20 minutes to get her in there, and sometimes 3 people. Yet she's happy once we manage it and starts to play right away. *shakes fist*

I want more than one bird, but she doesn't like other birds. I tried to get her a friend a couple years ago when I was working 80 hour weeks and was never home. That ended up being the only time she's ever been sick, she was so stressed over it.

As far as pets go, I've got three cats... I've been musing about getting a chicken (specifically a hen), too, but I wouldn't really have room to keep it safe. Building a pen wouldn't be too difficult, but fencing off all the little nooks and crannies that it could escape through would be too much. That and I'm not sure I'd be able to keep the stray cats away.

Spoiler: large pic
9K8gL2d.jpg
Pretty bird and cute dog! I'm glad things are going well for you.
For pets, I've also got a leopard gecko that likes to follow my fingers around and nibble on them like they're food. :p Plus he has a hamster wheel, which... I mean, he's not gonna win a race or anything, but he can spend hours and hours just walking in that thing.
Aw that's cute!

With pets, I have a dog and two cats (I'm also petsitting my aunt's dog right now). I also used to have pet fish but they died of old age sadly.

Last edited:
Once I've moved out, it'll be peculiar to not have pets in the house for once. I'll miss the family dogs. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future my partner and I will be able to keep our own pets. We'll see! I'd love to have a couple cats again, of course, and she'd like to keep a lizard again. Either another bearded dragon, or perhaps a skink. I don't have strong preferences about cats but I've long thought I'd love a maine coon. Giant floofs. Perfect.

Had a pretty good day today! Got a busy weekend, so we went for a lunch, film, walk, etc. Got caught in the first rain in a couple weeks, but very lovely really. Had a random anxiety attack towards the end of the day but that's par for the course when under lots of pressure I guess. Also, good news: I can extend my IT course if I need to. It's great to have a contingency available!

I find I'm panicking much less while studying today, which ironically makes it less likely I'll need the contingency! The weather is also finally cooling down, thankfully!

Back
Top Bottom