• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I always listen to music when I'm working, often a mixture of trance, electro, and some orchestral stuff. I also do some of my best writing in short bursts right before I go to bed at night. If I ever sit down to write before bedtime, I almost always have a Dr. Pepper in hand. I'm not sure why, it's hardly my favorite drink, I just always have one when I'm writing.

On the contrary, I don't listen to anything. I listen to a little music before I write to inspire me. But when I need to write, I make sure that nobody's around, close the door and start typing. If anything is in the background at all, I can't write. That's just me.

Yeah I don't listen to music either. Personally, I do my best writing when alone in a dark, quiet room. :p

I sometimes listen to music while writing, though more often I listen before, as it helps me get in the mood better.

i ALWAYS listen to music when i write lol. sometimes it inspires the names of my chapters even though the songs themselves may have nothing to do with the chapter xD.

since saturday is usually my dubstep day and i write on saturdays, i really get motivated by it. sometimes though, especially on the bass drops, i just get up and start dancing LOL.

I always listen to music regardless if I'm doing somethin' productive or not.
Unless he was lyin' (which I can guess not), a new kid at my school/a new friend said an agent accepted a book he wrote, and that it would be published. Lucky. But at least that made me start writin' again, knowing someone my age (15) can have something published.
I'm gonna see if he'll allow me to read his book.
Dang, it's been forever since I posted over here in the WW.

wow that's cool.

i want some of my works to be published :c (namely razayka) i can't get an agent though.

wow that's cool.

i want some of my works to be published :c (namely razayka) i can't get an agent though.

How come? I don't know much about agents and crap like that to tell the truth. Guess I'll go google it

So, after several months, I've finally brought back Stainless Steel.

Not happy with the newest chapter, but I needed to get it out of the way.

Yo, people.

Since I haven't written anything Pokémon since.. uhm, forever I'm thinking of starting a new journey fic. Y'see the first games I ever played were the 3rd gen ones, so I think that if I've to pick, I'd place it in Hoenn. Also, I've always thought that the 3rd gen had a secretly badass character that was always overlooked.

Namely, Wally.

Don't look at me like that. His final team can probably take out even Wallace, if memory serves right. Plus, he beat the asthma out of himself. Somehow. Through sheer willpower or somehting. Can't have that overlooked.

Plus, thinking back, when the awards first started I was able to go toe-to-toe with Legacy and GaMa and recently I'm feeling that I've to do more writing here, since they are still doing it while I abandoned my fic and 'ran off' to other fandoms, staying here just to do my mod duties. Also, the idea of the fic to feature the 'rival' of RSE is somewhat of a nod to GaMa's fic. So, @Gastly's Mama I hope you don't mind. xP Not to mention, with Wally I'll have the chance of switching around the order of gyms and such. Better than just following the usual route, IMO.

tl;dr

A journey fic featuring Wally. Interested?

@Aladar

I'm always delighted to see Rival's Story being appreciated with similar stories being spawned, particularly as it is now nearly two years since it finished. (Has it really been that long?)

In terms of would this be interesting with Wally... I'd certainly say so, probably more so than any of the other rival characters, Blue included. He has the advantages of Silver and N, in that he seems to be doing his own thing and his storyline isn't too dependent on that of the main character but he also has the advantages of Blue and Barry in that he is involved enough with the storyline of the main character that it isn't just a completely new story.

Go for it, would love to read it.

Incidentally, I know Jabberwocky wrote a single chapter of a story from Wally's perspective before abandoning it forever. If you could find it, that may or may not be helpful.

Do it, great idea, glad somebody else loves Wally. Epic guy really, I'll read it when its up so at least now you know you at least have one fan already :p

Wally can be a very interesting character to play around with. I always pictured him as a character whose kindness takes advantage of him, and a mostly sheltered boy, as his family seems to barely want him to pursue his dreams of travelling around and training Pokémon. I only mentioned those because they might help you in anyway; of course, you can choose to take a different route with Wally, perhaps a darker one, or a more mature one. I had planned a Wally fic once, but scrapped the idea before it got anywhere.

The whole thing is still in the planning stage and there's a bit of a problem...

First of all, traveling companions. Should I or shouldn't I include them? And the bigger problems is, who should they be? I don't quite want to go with OCs here, so who should I use? Not enough NPC in Hoenn that fit the bill so maybe I should look up some CotDs or movie chars?

And should I include a contest quest, too? 'Cause as far as I remember you guys really liked my contest battles.

Thing is, Wally's whole journey apart from those two battles is a void that can be filled with anything but I still want to keep it somewhat tied to the mainstream, be it a mash-up of manga, anime or games.

@Gastly's Mama @Legacy @Jabberwocky What do you think guys?

If I were writing a story about Wally, his health would probably be a big focus of the fic. But that's just me.

Ugh, was planning on finishing the next chap of my fic today but I forgot my USBdrive with the file at home >,<

Something like this ever happen to you guys?

Back
Top Bottom