• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Results come out shortly after the 31st of May, which is when voting closes. We're pretty much on track to release them on the 1st of June, I'd say.

Well, I'm also finished with my judging (Non-Pokémon/Crossover category). And the winner is...

Man, I'm nervous. xP

Btw, I finally got Super Mario 3D Land! My mom meant to give it to me for Christmas last year, but she lost it. The copy was finally found today. And I'm really enjoying the game so far! It's so awesome! :D

Cool, how far in are you?

I last finished the first level in world 2. I'm glad the game saves automatically after every level. Not being able to save at all until you beat a fort/castle was hell in the NSMB games and they're freaking hard.

I've heard that in order to play as Luigi in SM3DLand though, you have to "unlock" him somehow. Can anyone tell me how? I love Luigi and I always play as him if I can! Luigi's the awesomest! <3

I started over on The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. I'm currently about to go get the second Season Spirit power in Subrosia.

I'm gonna play the link game of Oracle of Ages next.

I started over on The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. I'm currently about to go get the second Season Spirit power in Subrosia.

Ooh, I've played those. I find Ages to be too hard though. Seasons, easier, but still kinda difficult. Have you played Ocarina of Time and/or Majora's Mask? If so, you might like my Zelda fic. It's an award nominee too. :D

Ooh, I've played those. I find Ages to be too hard though. Seasons, easier, but still kinda difficult. Have you played Ocarina of Time and/or Majora's Mask? If so, you might like my Zelda fic. It's an award nominee too. :D

I haven't played either of those. I'm pretty new to the series, relatively speaking (played Minish Cap years ago), but I'll hopefully be getting a 3DS and OOT3D for my birthday this year, and I've actually been planning on reading your fic, but prior responsibilities have kept me from getting a good reading session in lately.

I haven't played either of those. I'm pretty new to the series, relatively speaking (played Minish Cap years ago), but I'll hopefully be getting a 3DS and OOT3D for my birthday this year, and I've actually been planning on reading your fic, but prior responsibilities have kept me from getting a good reading session in lately.

Ah, I see. I'm actually not a big fan of OoT, but it's a good game nonetheless and worth buying. :]

I've heard that in order to play as Luigi in SM3DLand though, you have to "unlock" him somehow. Can anyone tell me how? I love Luigi and I always play as him if I can! Luigi's the awesomest! <3

The only way I know is to beat the game. Not gonna say anymore because that would be spoilers, and no one likes spoilers, right?

I'm back! For a while, hopefully... For those of you who don't know me, that's because I've been pretty inactive for the past few months. I've flitted in and out of the Writer's Block, but no reviews or fic updates. Now that will all change. So if I don't know you yet: Hello, I like you already. If I do: Yo dawgs.

I just updated my fic for the first time in THREE MONTHS. Now I begin to slowly catch up with all the new popular fics and the ones that I was following pre-hiatus. I might even post that backstory of my DnD character I mentioned forever ago. Also: new Review Exchange and Workshop Directory? MIND BLOWN. I have so much to do...

Now that that's all said, I'll attempt to subtly join in the conversation (you saw nothing).

Welcome back, @AetherX; I'll have to catch up on your story! :p

Why have you been inactive? Real life stuff or ... ?

Welcome back, @AetherX;. Hope you'll enjoy the new stuff around here :)

A quick warning: we're not allowed to say in the general chat when a new chapter is up, though it's ok in our signature. It broke whatever we were chatting about etc.

Yeah, it's been Track season (got my mile time down to 5:14!!!), and I've been desperately attempting to finish off my senior year of high school with somewhat decent grades.

Thanks TD, looking back that was probably unwise, but I didn't mean it as an advertisement. I meant it more as pointing out how long its been since I've had a chance to post anything. I'll watch myself in the future.

So, although I've technically been out of school, I've remained busy and pretty much offline. That's fine, being out of school was a surprise and this was the original plan anyway. Nevertheless, it's irritating.
Hopefully I can update within the next week or so, which shouldn't be too hard... and I have a lot of reviewing to catch up on, my goodness yes.
If nothing else, the time out of school has improved my mental health enormously. I can stop being resigned to endurance and start living my life for once. I no longer hate my circumstances and, by extension, hate myself much less than I used to~ All is more or less well.
=3

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been Track season (got my mile time down to 5:14!!!), and I've been desperately attempting to finish off my senior year of high school with somewhat decent grades.

Thanks TD, looking back that was probably unwise, but I didn't mean it as an advertisement. I meant it more as pointing out how long its been since I've had a chance to post anything. I'll watch myself in the future.
5.14? Whoa, that's awesome! I can do a mile in, uh, 6 blank or so. Don't use miles here in Norway, so it's hard to approximate. You ever take the Cooper Test?

Also, welcome back. I'm one of those newbs you wouldn't know 8)
@unrepentantAuthor; it's great that you're improving. Looking forward to having you back here full time!

The only way I know is to beat the game. Not gonna say anymore because that would be spoilers, and no one likes spoilers, right?

Are you sure? Because there would be no point in playing anymore after beating the game... Unless it pulls a Super Mario Galaxy and lets you replay it as Luigi, I suppose. I'll have to see what happens when I beat the game.

And welcome back, AetherX! I remember you, I think. I asked you if you liked Fire Emblem cause of your username...lol.

Back
Top Bottom