• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I want to start a new fic, but I don't want to abandon Pocket Monsters, and I know I won't be able to stay active writing two fics. I can barely update PM more than once or twice a month.

I know that exact feeling. I've been wanting to start a few different fics lately, either Zelda or Pokémon-related, but I don't want to quit DBL, and I'm afraid that'll happen if I do start either of those.

I want to start a new fic, but I don't want to abandon Pocket Monsters, and I know I won't be able to stay active writing two fics. I can barely update PM more than once or twice a month.

If you abandoned Pocket Monsters I would fear for your safety.

I think I'm gonna stick with PM since I have essentially the entire three-book trilogy (or whatever you wanna call it) planned out.

I'll start working on a (slightly) interactive fanfiction project as soon as I get chapter 2 of Clandestine up and running. More details to come later!

So how's everyone's day going?

Ah, Feliciano, filling threads with woman-holes and middle fingers. I approve.

:lol: What?

What am I up to...working on this shit of a script, mostly. Oh! I just registered for Pottermore. I'm DragonFelicis9744 (you can see why I kind of had to pick that name :-D ), and I'm a Hufflepuff. My wand is maple with a unicorn hair core, 11 inches long, and surprisingly swishy.

If you abandon Pocket Monsters, board up your house, lock your windows, and be ready. Because at dawn I will ride to your house, a gigantic army by my side, and destroy you.

So, yes, AetherX, is right. Fear for your safety. You have been warned :lol:

I signed up to Pottermore a while back, but despite how much of a Potterhead I am, I have found absolutely no motivation to go any further than Chapter 1 of the Philosopher's Stone (may or may not have something to do with the fact that my computer really doesn't like running the script). I haven't even been sorted yet, but I like to think I'd be a Ravenclaw.

If you abandon Pocket Monsters, you are so fired.

I signed up to Pottermore a while back, but despite how much of a Potterhead I am, I have found absolutely no motivation to go any further than Chapter 1 of the Philosopher's Stone (may or may not have something to do with the fact that my computer really doesn't like running the script). I haven't even been sorted yet, but I like to think I'd be a Ravenclaw.

I clicked through as fast as possible until I could be sorted. I got Ravenclaw, but I would have preferred Slytherin. Oh well, Ravenclaw would have been my second choice.

"Philosopher's Stone"? I've only known the book to be called Sorcerer's Stone, which sounds cooler, imo.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan anyway though. I did like book 3, Prisoner of Azkaban, but the others bored me. I'm just not into that kind of fantasy. If I like people that use magic, it's mages and sages in Fire Emblem, not dumb witches and wizards carrying dumb wands. Tomes are so much cooler.

Private-life issues, don't ask. Might not be on as much as normal. Too busy screaming into pillows.
Nothing interesting other than that.

Hey everyone! Just popping in for some quick self-advertisement. I've created a tumblr for my characters, a sort of ask/rp blog. So please, come check it out and interact with the characters!
http://under-onesky.tumblr.com/

:droop: Outside of that, finals are finally over and I'm moving home - how's everyone else's summer?

Wikipedia to the rescue!

The publishers were concerned that most Americans were not familiar enough with the term "Philosopher's Stone" to gain the correct impression from the title (the renaming of books for international distribution is a common practise, even for highly known and internationally recognised authors).

As I said, The Sorcerer's Stone sounds cooler anyway. Also, it's the title used in the movie. :D

...Which, if you ask me, is just silly, because the thing in question is actually called the Philosopher's Stone, and I've never heard of it being called that other thing outside of Harry Potter.

Interestingly, they change a bunch of other minor things as well. I have a copy of the Sorceror's Stone as well as the Philosopher's Stone (no idea why lol) and, for example, any mention of Harry's 'fringe' (which pops up in relation to his scar/fast-growing hair a lot) is replaced with 'bangs', which I think is an utterly stupid Americanism. Oh, and Dumbledore's delightful 'sherbet lemon' fascination turns into 'lemon drops' which is just plain silly.

@Kelleo: The movie title was changed for America too. Everywhere else it's the Philosopher's Stone.

Private-life issues, don't ask. Might not be on as much as normal. Too busy screaming into pillows.
Nothing interesting other than that.

Hope things get better for you soon.

They're the same book. It's just called The Sorcerer's Stone in the US.

I know that. I just never knew it had a second title.

How can you know that they are the same book, and it is called something different in the US, but not know it has a second title? Isn't knowing the former pretty much exactly the same thing as knowing the latter? I'm confused.

And I think "Philosopher's Stone" sounds plain silly.

@Kelleo: The movie title was changed for America too. Everywhere else it's the Philosopher's Stone.

Then how come in the movie, the characters also refer to it as the Sorcerer's Stone? Don't tell me they refilmed every scene it's mentioned in. I would think that that would just be too much work.

@Gastly's Mama;: Because I guessed that "Philosopher's Stone" and "Sorcerer's Stone" were the same thing. I didn't know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom