• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

@Stellar Haze;: Ah, I see. Yeah, that would be a problem.

Yeah it does suck, Kelleo. Unfortunately, it's not the first time, but I'll most likely explain that in a future blog. I've been considering that for some time.

Oh, ouch. Just gotta hope for the best, though. That's what we did when my grandma had cancer a couple years ago and she pulled through and won her battle. She's a tough ol' grandma too, I must say. She's survived breast cancer as well as the cancer I just mentioned, and she's walked mountains and large palace gardens with a broken foot. I really admire her for this and she knows it.

Last edited:
Huh, reminds me of my own gramps. That guy is a tank, the guys almost 80 and I've seen younger men with less stamina than him. He's what we call the 'Family Elder', the wise old man that fixes family disputes and the like. I'm proud to be named after him. But I never tell him that, I'm not good with the whole 'expressing your emotions' thing.

Mhh, fortunately no one in my have ever suffered from serious illness. The exception is my grandfather, who had a stroke six years ago. For a while he could only speak his native tongue (Dutch), but now he's back in full force - with a near-perfect memory to boot (he's now writing memoirs using this newfound memory). He's now eighty, grandma's 85 and they're both perfectly healthy. On my mother's side, they're perfectly healthy as well (and my grandmother almost looks as young as my mom).

All kudos to everyone's awesome parents and grandparents, and the best of luck to them and their situation.

So have anyone watched this? It's basically an animated short to accompany the new Pokemon games, and I must say, if the anime looked this good, I'd watch it in a heartbeat!

I wish the anime was that cool. Or at least that they'd bother with a more sophisticated alternative to the main one.

I've got an idea for a new Pokémon fic brewing. It's an exciting feeling!

It's not a journey fic, though, so it's kinda new ground for me. I don't want to reveal too much, but it's based around the assumption that a Champion's duties extend outside of taking on challengers to the Pokémon League. Sounds pretty cliche at the moment, but I literally just started letting the idea simmer about twenty or thirty minutes ago. I've got a good planning session coming on.

It's not a journey fic, though, so it's kinda new ground for me. I don't want to reveal too much, but it's based around the assumption that a Champion's duties extend outside of taking on challengers to the Pokémon League. Sounds pretty cliche at the moment, but I literally just started letting the idea simmer about twenty or thirty minutes ago. I've got a good planning session coming on.
That actually sounds vaguely familiar for some reason. But good luck!

That actually sounds vaguely familiar for some reason. But good luck!

Hahah. I guess I should read Champion Game first, just to make sure I don't make them too similar. I accept that the idea of writing about someone who's already Champion isn't new, but I feel that it's still more original than another Journey fic.\

EDIT: Oh, wow, Hoenn Champion, you say? Haha... hmm...

Signed it. I'd love to see it come to fruition, though I doubt it will. Petitions on the internet so rarely succeed.

So, I found out that my grandma has to go through cancer treatments again. But she should still be okay. It's not nearly as bad as the last time. After all, she doesn't even have to stay in the hospital and she came to visit us, so yeah.

On a better note, I have a new Keldeo sig and avy! I decided it was time for an update to my set, so yeah. ^^

Huzzah, I've got the flu. In June. Two days before Norway's biggest anime convention.

Feels good.

Woop-de-doo, congrats, uA! You really deserved to ace it!

What subject(s) did your exam cover?

(also, 2000th post in the chat thread. We're awesome)

Big congrats to you UA. I'll finish my exam tomorrow as well. After that, I'll be free as well. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom