• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

i make banners too o3o *points to signature*

i think i'm going to go play some pokemon platinum right now. i restarted my game on there, and now i have a "devil's gift" theme xD. (i use different themes related to my favorite shows and books whenever i make a new team).

That's why they're called the Mario Brothers, because their last name is Mario. And on one their house in the Paper Mario games, it says "mario" on the house. It stands for their last name :p

That's why they're called the Mario Brothers, because their last name is Mario. And on one their house in the Paper Mario games, it says "mario" on the house. It stands for their last name :p

Ah, the old "but they're called the Mario Bros.!" and such excuse. Really, ever thought that the reason they're called the Mario brothers is because Mario is the main bro? He DOES overshadow Luigi, unfortunately. otherwise, they'd be called the Luigi Bros. Same with Mario's house in Paper Mario.

Nintendo themselves have never specifically stated that Mario is their last name, so until they do, if they do, I believe they have no known last name. xP

Also, it's pretty silly to name someone their last name.

Well, it's a video game. It doesn't necessarily have to make sense. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that it being called the 'Mario Bros.' does in fact make it their last name. You don't use a Christian name to refer to a family unit just because one's better known; they're the Wright Brothers, not the Wilbur brothers. My sister and I wouldn't be the 'Thomas siblings' just because I'm so much cooler than her.

On another note, it appears I'm stuck as Executive Archer somehow. Hmm.

So I'm back from the movie and what can I say, I enjoyed watching it. I'm considering making a blog where I review it and also give my thoughts about it.

@Caitlin; No, it's not her who has done that. It's multiple people who have done that in this particular comment: Link

Also, congrats to you, AetherX :)

Well, it's a video game. It doesn't necessarily have to make sense. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that it being called the 'Mario Bros.' does in fact make it their last name. You don't use a Christian name to refer to a family unit just because one's better known; they're the Wright Brothers, not the Wilbur brothers. My sister and I wouldn't be the 'Thomas siblings' just because I'm so much cooler than her.

I actually agree with Kelleo. I don't think Mario is actually their surname. It could just be a funny thing where Mario is considered a celebrity and Luigi isn't (in the RPG series he is constantly referred to as "that Green guy") so they could just be publicly referred to as "The Mario Bros" because it's Mario and his brother. Weird, I know, but no weirder than someone having the same last and first name.

Anyway, the original point was nothing to do with Mario's surname. It was just AetherX saying that he is working for the guy who seems to have been the reason that Mario got the first name "Mario", which is pretty cool. Read the Wikipedia article that he linked to and you will see.

Also, the reason you are stuck as Executive Archer is because you are only allowed to change your username every X days and it's not been that long since you switched, but admins can change people's usernames whenever they want, so if you just talk to an admin, they can do it for you.

What Gastly's Mama said, plus, I don't think Mario and Luigi are Christian either. xP

The Mario movie? We don't talk about that. I watched it on youtube (yeah it's on youtube and the copyright holders don't care, it's that bad) and it was absolutely terrible. A step above the Star Wars Holiday Special, but still terrible.

I didn't get an autograph form my boss, no. Apparently it's touchy subject with him, he's kind of a grumpy hardass businessman. My manager said that when he first got hired he asked him about it and his response was something along the lines of: "Those god damn sons of bitches..." *angry grumbling*

I didn't get an autograph form my boss, no. Apparently it's touchy subject with him, he's kind of a grumpy hardass businessman. My manager said that when he first got hired he asked him about it and his response was something along the lines of: "Those god damn sons of bitches..." *angry grumbling*

Dang, why name such a famous and popular character after a guy like that? xP

That reminds me, though, I know where Luigi's name came from! There's a pizza place near Nintendo of America called Mario and Luigi's. :D

I actually agree with Kelleo. I don't think Mario is actually their surname. It could just be a funny thing where Mario is considered a celebrity and Luigi isn't (in the RPG series he is constantly referred to as "that Green guy") so they could just be publicly referred to as "The Mario Bros" because it's Mario and his brother. Weird, I know, but no weirder than someone having the same last and first name.

Anyway, the original point was nothing to do with Mario's surname. It was just AetherX saying that he is working for the guy who seems to have been the reason that Mario got the first name "Mario", which is pretty cool. Read the Wikipedia article that he linked to and you will see.

Also, the reason you are stuck as Executive Archer is because you are only allowed to change your username every X days and it's not been that long since you switched, but admins can change people's usernames whenever they want, so if you just talk to an admin, they can do it for you.
Nah, I've hit the time limit so the box to change my name back is unlocked, but when I try to change it to Misheard Whisper it brings up a message:

derp said:
That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are Misheard Whisper and you have forgotten your password, click here.
The member list doesn't bring back any results for Misheard Whisper, so the name's not been nabbed while I wasn't wearing it. Not entirely sure. Oh well, I'm fine with being Archer for the moment.

What Gastly's Mama said, plus, I don't think Mario and Luigi are Christian either. xP

'Christian name' doesn't necessarily mean you're Christian, although that is the origin of the term. It's just another term for 'first name' which sounds a bit classier, idk.

What are you guys on about, the Mario movie was awesome. It's not a movie you're supposed to take seriously, and anyone who does will find its faults too overbearing. If you look at the movie without a critical eye as "that silly Mario movie", it gets much better. Also:

Super Mario Wiki said:
Mario's full name is given as "Mario Mario" in the Super Mario Bros. movie. In a few isolated cases, this has leaked into the game continuity - for instance, the Prima Edition of the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Guide book lists to the characters as Mario Mario and Luigi as Luigi Mario. However, Nintendo of America has stated that "there are no last names."[10]

In conclusion, nobody is sure. Nobody will ever be sure. Not even Miyamoto. He lost the power to determine this great fact of the universe long ago.

I still think a Mario anything is much better off animated. Same with Zelda...and Fire Emblem...and pretty much any gaming franchise with cartoony and anime-like characters. xP

A agree with Kelleo, animation is done because either the imagination was too vast to be contained in the real world (Like Hayao Myazaki films), or it just works better that way. Let it be.

Anywho, change of subject. I had an epic day of win the other day. During Math class, me and my friend were bored out of our minds. So we went into the usual, "You suck, no you suck" debate, just for fun. So, with an old notebook in hand, I jotted down a 3 page equation that literally proves in a weird mish-mosh of philosophy and Math, that he DID, in fact, suck.

His face was priceless.

aha, i wish i could do math as good as that. /sucks at algebra and crap.

speaking of school, mine starts august 20th, so less than a month of summer left. ;;

Mine starts the 27th of August and to be honest, I'm miss the trade school I get educated in. I guess I'm not the kind of person who needs several weeks of holiday.

Man you guys start school early. August 20th is my mom's birthday too.

I never really started school until late August, early September. But while my senior year of high school was totally awesome, I hardly miss school at all. I can't wait to get a job and start working. I'll be doing stuff I actually enjoy instead of everything I hated about school.

Back
Top Bottom