• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

That's not a bad idea, though I don't really need to give any potential Pokemon characters of a story I write a nickname. As for your Steelix, if it's male, I'd name it Troy after Troy Polamalu, who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers, an NFL team for the US. :D

See, they're called the Steelers because Pittsburgh was once the biggest producer of steel in the US. And many things in Pittsburgh are still all about steel. Many of its bridges are made of steel because of how much steel the city produced. You can still see old pipes from the old steel mills down on the Monongahela River waterfront. The biggest roller coaster in Kennywood out in West Mifflin (a Pittsburgh borough) used to be called the Steel Phantom, until it was remodeled into the Phantom's Revenge. Even still, it's a steel coaster! We even still tend to call Pittsburgh the Steel City or City of Steel, for one thing.

...lol that's a lot of steel in this post. Talk about steeling a piece of mind. ;D

Hey guys, currently looking for a beta reader for my HP story. If anyone is interested, the details are on the beta thread (link). Thanks guys <3

My Cilan one-shot is non-romance. But that's the only fic I have right now that doesn't have any sort of romance.

There's no romance in Heart of Crystal. The jury's out as to whether or not that will change in the future, though.

I'm working on one. There may be a romantic undertone every now and then, but it's certainly nowhere near a major theme in any of the chapters it appears in or an underlying tone throughout much of the story. Too much romance is gushy and part of what turns me off of most things, be they fanfics or best selling books.

In other news, I had a strange dream where I was being attacked by exploding snakes. My house was barely standing by the time I woke up.

There might be some romance in my new fic, but it won't be in the main focus, at least, that's what I'm planning.

In other news, I'm currently living at my older brother's house because he's on holiday in Hungary, primarily because I'm keeping his dogs some company while he's away. But the Internet from the mobile broadband I've borrowed from him sucks here :(

No romance in my upcoming fic, called Mello. Pure thrill and tragedy.

Though for a fic that's already out, @Joebro; I would advise you to check out Brotherhood by G-Mama, or one of his awesome past works called Are We Heroes.

There might be some romance in my new fic, but it won't be in the main focus, at least, that's what I'm planning.

Actually, my FE fic is like this too. It has some romance (several pairings and hinted pairings), but it's hardly the main focus. The only time it is a big part is in the beginning with the small Ike-and-Elincia-reuniting-after-months subplot.

holy shit guys i'm back WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.

ohgod working on some gay story thing hooray. embrace the gay.

ANYFUCK.

i'm starting to draw more. nnnnneh. i may get back into writing once school starts unno.

I'm drawing more too, actually. My co-author is going on vacation on the 19th, so it'll be a good time to do more character concept art and such for my fics.

Nnnnnnngh. I have no idea how I'm gonna handle the next chapter of Heart of Crystal...Ecruteak's coming up soon, and it's going to need to be very important, plot-wise, so I have to set up the bazillion different plot hooks that need to start there while still having an entertaining battle in the Goldenrod Gym first and ugh that battle is going to be such a pain in my ass to write...

I'm currently struggling motivation wise to write. I mean, why is it that writers struggle with motivation? If we like our stories, which we obviously do since we're typing them, why do we struggle so much. I can't bring myself to open up word and start writing, it's insane.

Heart of Crystal's got to go on hiatus for a while. Blame computer/internet related shenanegans :disgust:

Bleh, I hate when stuff like that happens.

But I have to put Zelda: The Ancient Power and Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness on a short hiatus as well. My co-author is going on vacation real soon and won't be back for two weeks.

I want to work on Super Luigi in the meantime, but I just haven't had much motivation to do so lately.

I've been taking a break from writing lately. I've still be doing planning and everything, but I've hardly written a thing in weeks.

But I guess that's what happens when you're in the middle of that transitional period between adolescence and adulthood.

Preach it, brotha. Seventeen, last year of high school, going for university entrance, in the school production, trying to work out where my life is going . . . it's rough.

Well, today I was going to have a blood sample taken to find out whether or not I have a low metabolism. I had one taken 4 weeks ago originally to find out if I could have the same heart disease as my older brother. Fortunately, I didn't. Instead, my doctor discovered that I had low metabolism and to be certain, had to take a new blood sample 4 weeks later, which was today.

Here's the deal. I have a fear of needles, which is a bad thing because I HAD to take a blood sample. I hoped it would go without a problem, but it didn't. My blood vein moved as soon the doctor stung where it was, some sort of defensive mechanism my body did. So she (the doctor) tried to move the needle around to get the vein with no luck (and it wasn't exactly painless). As such, the other arm was used with better success. But the damage had been done. I was sweating and panicked even after it was over. When I stood up again from the chair I was sitting on, I fainted for about 10 seconds. The next thing I knew was that I was lying on the floor, though it was clear to the other's in the room that was going to faint, so held me up until I fainted.

Believe me, It's not a good experience fainting and I don't wish to try that again. And what's more, I think it has amplified my fear of needles. Has anyone else experienced something similar or know someone who has?

Back
Top Bottom