• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Fainting? Yes, definitely. Fainting because of a fear? No. That's not to say that I don't have fears, though, of course.

But I've fainted several times before due to epileptic seizures. And I'd wake up crying for no reason every time. I hated it. I was treated at a German children's hospital since Germany was where I lived at the time and I was still a kid, but still.

I'm the complete opposite of you when it comes to needles, though, Tophat. I've had blood drawn so many times in my life that I've gotten used to it. I even have a favorite type of needle to have used on me. The butterfly needle. I like the way it looks, and it hurts the least. I find the real tiny needles are the most painful. Yeesh. Though, I haven't had to have blood drawn in a long time. Still, I remember exactly what it feels like. Shots...are another story. I mean, I can take them with no problem, usually, but there have been times where I was nervous.

I've never fainted, but since we're talking about fears...

Look, I don't care if I'm a guy, ok? But I have severe, severe entomophobia. Basically, I hate bugs, all of them, even ants. They scare the hell out of me. I can't touch them, I can't be near them, and I can't be near where they were. I remember as a child if I saw a bug in my room, I would sleep downstairs for like 3 days (no exaggeration), and even now when I see one, I scream like a girl (not kidding), and run after my Dad to tell him to kill it. Which results in him doing so and then telling me I'm 13 and need to get over it. I don't care if they're microscopic, they're pure evil. I've been scared of them since I was a kid, Idk why.

i hate bugs too omfg. and spiders... goddamn they just freak me the fuck out.

anyway, slowly getting some new project done (the first chapter of it i mean lol). ah... school starts on monday and i don't want to go :c.

I'm afraid of some bugs...but not all. I just hate most.

As for actual fears. Culrophobia for me. It's fear of clowns. I can't even stand to look at one or even think of one without shuddering. I remember awhile back at a fest (a sort of amusement area that comes around once a year. Has rides and games and stuff), one of the rides had clown statues, and whenever I'd see them, I'd just stand there petrified with fear. My mom believes this fear was caused when I was a baby, because I cried every time I was in a crib or room with clown decorations. They would scare me, and I think I had a nightmare or two about them as well.

Fainting? Yes, definitely. Fainting because of a fear? No. That's not to say that I don't have fears, though, of course.

But I've fainted several times before due to epileptic seizures. And I'd wake up crying for no reason every time. I hated it. I was treated at a German children's hospital since Germany was where I lived at the time and I was still a kid, but still.

I'm the complete opposite of you when it comes to needles, though, Tophat. I've had blood drawn so many times in my life that I've gotten used to it. I even have a favorite type of needle to have used on me. The butterfly needle. I like the way it looks, and it hurts the least. I find the real tiny needles are the most painful. Yeesh. Though, I haven't had to have blood drawn in a long time. Still, I remember exactly what it feels like. Shots...are another story. I mean, I can take them with no problem, usually, but there have been times where I was nervous.

It happened to be a butterfly needle that was used to draw blood from me today and 4 weeks ago. I had chosen that because, as you said, it's not as painful and because the mere thought of a hypodermic needle makes me shiver.

I haven't fainted because of fear, but I do have a deathly fear of hypodermic needles that has been described as "almost a phobia"

Mind you, I'm fine if it's just a picture or on TV, but I'm only afraid if it is going into me

The same with me, including that I prefer not to be in the same room with a needle, even though I'm not the one meant for.

I've never fainted, but since we're talking about fears...

Look, I don't care if I'm a guy, ok? But I have severe, severe entomophobia. Basically, I hate bugs, all of them, even ants. They scare the hell out of me. I can't touch them, I can't be near them, and I can't be near where they were. I remember as a child if I saw a bug in my room, I would sleep downstairs for like 3 days (no exaggeration), and even now when I see one, I scream like a girl (not kidding), and run after my Dad to tell him to kill it. Which results in him doing so and then telling me I'm 13 and need to get over it. I don't care if they're microscopic, they're pure evil. I've been scared of them since I was a kid, Idk why.

i hate bugs too omfg. and spiders... goddamn they just freak me the fuck out.

Then you and Red, Lady Lucifer, will not like where I live, because the garden is a bug haven. We even got dragonflies here because we live near the water. I don't like spiders either, but at least they don't make me faint. I'm a bit more tolerant to bugs, as long as they don't annoy me. And Red, It's nothing to be embarrassed about. They're guys in the military who has worse fears than any of us.

You know, you guys wouldn't like where I live either, because here in the southern US, we have roaches the size of golf balls. They're either water bugs or palmetto bugs, but they're all in the roach family.

omfg i live in the south and i get these huge roaches, banana spiders, wolf spiders, and they just.

i once got attacked by a may fly in new york ;3; sob.

and hi again. i noticed you were banned and i was like "omg wat stellar got banned." xD.

I haven't fainted because of fear, but I do have a deathly fear of hypodermic needles that has been described as "almost a phobia"

Mind you, I'm fine if it's just a picture or on TV, but I'm only afraid if it is going into me
Whoever's describing that for you doesn't know what they're talking about. A deathly fear is far past "almost a phobia".

well i think he was banned for like 24 hours so it must have not been that big of a deal. i won't get into anything though because i don't want to pry into something that isn't my business.

Tophat, I know exactly how that is. The last time I had a needle stuck in me, I was about eight. I was fine when they put it in and gave me the shot (a potent cocktail of vaccines for everything from meningococcal to tuberculosis iirc) but when they took it out everything just went black. I woke up behind a screen about five minutes later. *shudder* I haven't let anyone near me with a hypodermic since.

That's...rather odd, Executive Archer. o_O

I've heard of needles making people fall asleep (me included, in fact. Happened with an IV when I was 4 while being hospitalized for a deadly stomach virus and it happened in Germany too, though I don't remember why I got a needle that time for some reason...), but not instantly knocking someone out cold like that.

So I noticed that this topic hasn't been replied to for a week solid. This is making me realise that I haven't worked on my story in almost two weeks.

Damn you, time! Stop escaping me, you insufferab*censored for the good of humanity*

Well, I just haven't been finding many reasons to post on Bulbagarden lately.

But I can say that I've started a new story because of my lack of motivation to work on Super Luigi (no, I'm not discontinuing it. I'll get back to it eventually, don't worry!). It's another Fire Emblem fic, but this time it's not on the Tellius games. It's a fairly short FE7 fic that takes place between it and FE6, its sequel. It's about Sain and Fiora and the family they've started, and Kent also has a large role (he is a good friend of Sain's). Sain and Fiora are married and have two children, a boy and a girl, who are ten and eight years old, respectively. After Kent drops by for a visit, the children are outside playing when they suddenly disappear. Sain and Kent then set out to find them while a reluctant Fiora stays behind in case they come home. They get some of the neighbors to help as well. They find the kids trapped in a small cave due to an avalanche (it gets pretty wintery where they live). More avalanches occur after as well, and Sain says that despite all of the snow, it's not natural for avalanches to happen THAT often in the area that they're in. So he and Kent investigate.

The only problem is, this story still lacks a title. I just can't figure out what to call it. I'm thinking, The Power of Bonding. Because this fic would show how strong the bond is between Sain and Fiora, their kids, and between Sain and Kent as well. But I'm also thinking I could come up with something even better. xP

Back
Top Bottom