• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

So, there's this girl.

I have been friends with her for a couple years. For the most part, we were just friends. There is a group of 4-5 of us that are very close, and we are two of them. We would go out, go to baseball games, eat, etc.

A few months ago, prior to my absence from here, we had... let's just say relations, which you would associate with behavior that was "more than friend-like."

I was happy, I thought. A girl liked me enough to do that sort of thing. Then, with my health situation, we obviously didn't see much of each other. I expected as much.

Now that I'm back home, I find out that she is now dating one of my good friends.

What do you do in this situation?

First and foremost, I care about her, genuinely. I want her to be happy. But the truth is, I don't feel happy for them, although I don't hate them either. I honestly don't know how I feel nor do u know how I SHOULD feel.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I'd say to try and let it go. If this girl really is happy where she's at, then it's probably best for you and for her if you do. She's happy, and there'll be another girl that you make just as happy. I know it's a complicated situation, and deserves a more complicated answer, but that's really the core of what I'm trying to tell you, so I won't elaborate further.

Yeah good point, but it's hard because we have many mutual friends, so we see each other often.

Completely unrelated: Has anyone ever read the book 'The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss?

I've read it! It's been a while, but I really enjoyed it. Picked up the sequel for five bucks in an airport bookshop a few months ago, but haven't been able to read it yet. I plan to go back and read the first one again before then, because it's seriously been at least two years, maybe more.

I'm so behind on reading.

I've been working on A Clash of Kings (the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire aka A Game of Thrones) since literally April, and I already purchased the next two books, I've approximately ten volumes of Dragon Ball Z that I've yet to open, and Michael Crichton's Micro as well.

Then I've also got the second half of the new ThunderCats, a disc of One Piece, The Dark Knight on Blu-ray, half of the first volume of Batman: The Animated Series, and the entirety of Cowboy Bebop (on loan from @RaccoonGoon;) to watch.

Oh, and several fanfics on here.

AND I'm feeling nostalgic and kinda want to read some of the older generation of fics as well. Does anyone else ever get that urge?

Congratulations! You beat me by a lot!

In fact, I've all but moved on to a different original idea... >_>

Long story short, I started writing and realized I had all of five characters. Completely drew a blank for any others.

Never heard of that book to be honest. Could you explain what it's about briefly?

It's basically a story about a young boy who is part of a traveling troupe of nomadic performers akin to gypsies. The book tells the story of his maturation into a legend and his struggle to get there.

It's a fantasy novel that has "magic" and people who perform it, but not in the Harry Potter sense. It's more of a science, which they delve into wonderfully. The world the author shows us in the book is small and intimate, yet really rich and exciting.

The wittiness of the characters and elegance of the prose is really the best part.

So, I'm thinking of dropping Christmas this year and celebrating Festivus. Slightly altered, of course, since I don't feel like wrestling anyone during the Feats of Strength. Anyone else celebrate any bizarre, non mainstream holidays during the year?

Hey everyone, I'm new to this section and I've read the guide on how to post. Is it okay if I ask how you post a series of fanfiction? I only have one episode in the works, but if I had a second one, would I just post below it? Thanks.

Thanks. :) Can other people review it on the thread?

Yup, that's how things work here. :B I'd also suggest looking into some other threads and reviewing some other people's fics if you haven't already, as it's a good way to generate interest in your work. People like to reciprocate, and reviewing more makes people more likely to read your fics.

In other news: oh god why have I not written anything aaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom