• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

sigh i feel kinda like an attention whore for saying this but i really wish my work got more attention, really. i feel like it's too shitty for people to even nicely say that it's bad and that's why i don't get any comments.

idk i just hate going unnoticed because i'm not well known despite being here for almost three years

Do you read other people's stuff often?

Well, would you look at that. Getting new internet fixed my connection problems on my laptop. I guess that means my fic is officially off hiatus now.

...Man, why wasn't I smart enough to write up a whole fuckton of buffer chapters?

And now everyone in Whiterun Hold is trying to kill me.

Probably because I accidentally shot a Stormcloak courier... one time. But I don't have any bounty registered.

Whatever, I'll have to make due with Falkreath or something.

And now everyone in Whiterun Hold is trying to kill me.

Probably because I accidentally shot a Stormcloak courier... one time. But I don't have any bounty registered.

Whatever, I'll have to make due with Falkreath or something.

You're talking about Skyrim, right? I haven't played the game myself, but I've watched some videos on Youtube (plus doing some research), so I know what you're talking about.

A question: When something happens in the news, and your story involves similar events, do you delay the episode out of respect?

I'd say that as a broad term; yes. But it entirely depends on what news it's referring. If it's something heinous, or very terrible news then a definite yes. If something minor or not at all negative, like someone winning an award or the release of a new film, then probably not. But it's best to review public opinion to the news item first. If you're not sure, delay just in case.

I was asking because I wasn't sure how the new episode of "Journeys of the Red Star" would fly in light of what happened in CT (granted, firearms do not exist in the world of "Journeys of the Red Star", but the plot of that episode does revolve around something just as traumatic--a kidnapping)

I was asking because I wasn't sure how the new episode of "Journeys of the Red Star" would fly in light of what happened in CT (granted, firearms do not exist in the world of "Journeys of the Red Star", but the plot of that episode does revolve around something just as traumatic--a kidnapping)

I think a kidnapping is probably far enough from a shooting that you'll be OK.

Have any of you got an idea of a fic but dropped it eventually?

I've had a couple so far, like a one-shot involving that the Pokémon world ran out of Pokéballs and trainers discussed what they could do to solve that.

Another was an idea of a super-hero fanfic (yes, in the Pokémon world) partially inspired by one of LightningTopaz' stories in Live from the Fireside (don't remember the name at the moment).

Last edited:
Have any of you got an idea of a fic but dropped it eventually?

I've had a couple so far, like a one-shot involving that the Pokémon world ran out of Pokéballs and trainers discussed what they could do to solve that.

Another was an idea of a super-hero fanfic (yes, in the Pokémon world) partially inspired by one of LightningTopaz' stories in Live from the Fireside (don't remember the name at the moment).

I drop so many fics it's not even funny. Both of those sound awesome though. Let me know if you write them.

Same here. In fact, I often start writing and post their beginnings before dropping them. -_-

I drop so many fics it's not even funny. Both of those sound awesome though. Let me know if you write them.

I've already started looking at the one-shot to see if I can write something interesting. Might take a while though.

Same here. In fact, I often start writing and post their beginnings before dropping them. -_-

I've done that a few times too. My brilliant solution was to wait until I'm five chapters in and then start posting.... And then I almost never make it past chapter five. lol

I've done that a few times too. My brilliant solution was to wait until I'm five chapters in and then start posting.... And then I almost never make it past chapter five. lol

I do that too! I have the same problem too........

I find that that only works if you keep writing as if you're posting every week anyway, so you're constantly five chapters ahead rather than eating into your buffer.

That is really good advice.

Oh, how I long for the days when I could pump out two chapters per week like clockwork...

Back
Top Bottom