• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

That is really good advice.

Oh, how I long for the days when I could pump out two chapters per week like clockwork...

You and me both, brother. Back when I used to do this, I could never understand why other people couldn't. I genuinely believed it was just because they were lazier than I was. I didn't truly appreciate how much free time I had back then.

That is really good advice.

Oh, how I long for the days when I could pump out two chapters per week like clockwork...

You and me both, brother. Back when I used to do this, I could never understand why other people couldn't. I genuinely believed it was just because they were lazier than I was. I didn't truly appreciate how much free time I had back then.

Yeah, I totally understand that. It's weird, looking back at all my old notes for Stainless Steel and seeing how my plans changed so much. I wonder how much more would've changed if it had been continued...

Hello workshop! I was wondering if any of the Writer's here were considering entering the Christmas Competition. I know there are a lot of brilliant writer's within our forum, and as it is more of a Workshop competition, it would be nice to see more of the forum's real writer's getting involved.

I've been working on a little something... Hopefully, it'll make you guys laugh.

A question: When something happens in the news, and your story involves similar events, do you delay the episode out of respect?
I never get things done on time as is, but I don't think I'd delay a release because some nut snapped and killed a bunch of people. I might put a disclaimer out there that the events in no way inspired my writing.

Have any of you got an idea of a fic but dropped it eventually?

I've had a couple so far, like a one-shot involving that the Pokémon world ran out of Pokéballs and trainers discussed what they could do to solve that.

Another was an idea of a super-hero fanfic (yes, in the Pokémon world) partially inspired by one of LightningTopaz' stories in Live from the Fireside (don't remember the name at the moment).
Plenty.

A 24-inspired crime drama.
An original industrial-revolution-era (new term? I've never really seen one) fantasy.
Various Pokemon inspired stories in several regions featuring main cast characters or original characters.
A LOT of Star Trek inspired stuff. I should show off my writing folder sometime, the amount of dropped projects tagged sci-fi is astounding.
A Grand Theft Auto-themed/inspired crime drama that focused on two friends who work with various crime organizations to uncover who murdered their friend (an investigation that eventually leads up to involvement from the Russian and US governments). This was a weird one and too complex for me, so I dropped it. :p

There's so much out there that inspires me, but so little time to develop those inspirations and often even less motivation. I wish I could have the time to get even one chapter out a month, but bleh, no can do. :(

Finally dug up my notes for the Christmas fic I never wrote last year, only to realize the deadline is tomorrow. Time to get down to business.

Ugh, I feel awful for not writing anything for almost a month >.<

I actually have some time but each time I open up my fic to work on it my mind goes completely blank DX

Well, it's already the 21st in some parts of the world, and I haven't heard anything about the world ending
Considering the Earth rotates, it's always going to be a different date somewhere else in the world for 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Apocalypses tend to be picky, so it won't come until that second where the entire world is at the 21st, if at all.

time gosh i wish i had time to write

dec 21 is almost over here in nz and i am not dead yet

though i kind of feel like it

i am so tired and out of it my gosh

I heard the favourite moment of doom was 11.11 GMT, precise moment of solstice (winter for us northern hemisphere people and summer for the southerners). Fortunately that passed about 3 hours ago, so unless the apocalypse fearing community were not adequately thorough in their reasoning for that timing of the apocalypse, I'd say we're safe.

Don't worry, the apocalypse has been dealt with. Go back to whatever you're working on.

Speaking of things people are working on, has anyone started an interesting project around here? o3o

Another successful doomsday. Does anyone know when the next apocalypse is supposed to be? The Rapture people from earlier this year rescheduled if I remember correctly.

I think it was May 14th next year, that one. Funny how the Bible says 'none shall know the day of the Lord' or something like that . . .

So I just saw Dark Knight Rises. What a terribly disappointing ending. I mean really, that is just bad writing all over the god damn place. They built us up to a really powerful and heart-string-pulling conclusion, and then... nope, everything's all fine and dandy.

SIIIIIIIIGH

I mean I could see that ending sort of working if they were going to do a fourth movie, but they knew they were rebooting the franchise again. They could have ended it the way it looked like they wanted to.

Edit: I amend my post by saying that this would have been a better ending:

batman66bomb.gif

I know this is a while back but I feel like I had to reply. TDKR is imo the best, or one of the best, movies ever made, it's so good! The ending can be a bit confusing, but allow me to explain.

(Spoilered for people who haven't seen it)

Okay, see, when Talia activates the bomb right before she dies, you know how there's no way to stop it, and Batman hooks it up to the Bat and flies out into the ocean? That's to save the city and make sure no one gets hurt. So it may leave you thinking that Batman died, cause of the whole explosion and 6 mile blast radius and stuff. However, do you remember earlier in the film when Alfred talks about his "dream" or "hope" for Bruce when he says he would go to Florence and see him with a lady and stuff? Well, that dream gets fulfilled. Bruce actually isn't dead; this is confirmed in the flurry of scenes at the end, the ones where he donates his estate to Alfred, and his house becomes the boys' orphanage, and there's a statue erected of him and stuff like that. It's confirmed in the one where Lucius asks the two guys if there was a way to fix the auto-pilot in the Bat, and they said it had been done 6 months before, MEANING Batman escaped the aircraft somehow before it exploded, and since it was on autopilot, it kept flying. And in the very last scene, you can see Alfred's dream and see Bruce and Selina sitting at the restaurant in Florence. So in the end, I believe he didn't die and wanted to do what Alfred was asking him to do and make him happy, and he feigned his death to finally get away from Gotham, and live a better life, just like Alfred wanted. Though I think the best part about the ending is that it's probably up to the interpretation of the audience. I actually didn't know for sure if he died or not, cause I really didn't think it would just end like that, and I was talking to a friend and he cleared it up for me.

Last edited:
Okay, see, when Talia activates the bomb right before she dies, you know how there's no way to stop it, and Batman hooks it up to the Bat and flies out into the ocean? That's to save the city and make sure no one gets hurt. So it may leave you thinking that Batman died, cause of the whole explosion and 6 mile blast radius and stuff. However, do you remember earlier in the film when Alfred talks about his "dream" or "hope" for Bruce when he says he would go to Florence and see him with a lady and stuff? Well, that dream gets fulfilled. Bruce actually isn't dead; this is confirmed in the flurry of scenes at the end, the one where he donates his estate to Alfred, and his house becomes the boys' orphanage, and there's a statue erected of him and stuff like that. It's confirmed in the one where Lucius asks the two guys if there was a way to fix the auto-pilot in the Bat, and they said it had been done 6 months before, MEANING Batman escaped the aircraft somehow before it exploded, and since it was on autopilot, it kept flying. And in the very last scene, you can see Alfred's dream and see Bruce and Selina sitting at the restaurant in Florence. So in the end, believe he didn't die and wanted to do what Alfred was asking him to do and make him happy, and he feigned his death to finally get away from Gotham, and live a better life, just like Alfred wanted. Though I think the best part about the ending is that it's probably up to the interpretation of the audience. I actually didn't know for sure if he died or not, cause I really didn't think it would just end like that, and I was talking to a friend and he cleared it up for me.

And then everyone died from the inevitable radiation sickness. Good job Batman.

Seriously, it's not so much the blast you need to worry about, more the radioactive fallout from the blast being so close. Better hope the weather patterns carried the water and airborne fallout away from the city (though considering the snow in the scene was blowing toward the city from the blast...yeah...)

And then everyone died from the inevitable radiation sickness. Good job Batman.

Seriously, it's not so much the blast you need to worry about, more the radioactive fallout from the blast being so close. Better hope the weather patterns carried the water and airborne fallout away from the city (though considering the snow in the scene was blowing toward the city from the blast...yeah...)

I don't think they had that in mind xD. I think it's supposed to be a happy ending, with all the people surviving and stuff. But like I said before, with the whole "Does Batman die" or "Does Batman not die" I really think it's up to the viewers' interpretation, which is a pretty cool thing, cause two people could walk out of the movie theater with completely different interpretations.

Back
Top Bottom