• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Okay, see, when Talia activates the bomb right before she dies, you know how there's no way to stop it, and Batman hooks it up to the Bat and flies out into the ocean? That's to save the city and make sure no one gets hurt. So it may leave you thinking that Batman died, cause of the whole explosion and 6 mile blast radius and stuff. However, do you remember earlier in the film when Alfred talks about his "dream" or "hope" for Bruce when he says he would go to Florence and see him with a lady and stuff? Well, that dream gets fulfilled. Bruce actually isn't dead; this is confirmed in the flurry of scenes at the end, the ones where he donates his estate to Alfred, and his house becomes the boys' orphanage, and there's a statue erected of him and stuff like that. It's confirmed in the one where Lucius asks the two guys if there was a way to fix the auto-pilot in the Bat, and they said it had been done 6 months before, MEANING Batman escaped the aircraft somehow before it exploded, and since it was on autopilot, it kept flying. And in the very last scene, you can see Alfred's dream and see Bruce and Selina sitting at the restaurant in Florence. So in the end, I believe he didn't die and wanted to do what Alfred was asking him to do and make him happy, and he feigned his death to finally get away from Gotham, and live a better life, just like Alfred wanted. Though I think the best part about the ending is that it's probably up to the interpretation of the audience. I actually didn't know for sure if he died or not, cause I really didn't think it would just end like that, and I was talking to a friend and he cleared it up for me.
I'm aware of how the ending worked, that's why it was so bad in my opinion. They had all of this build up of a sad ending, an ending that would have been fitting to the series conclusion of the Nolan trilogy, but instead... nope, doesn't matter! Everything worked out, everything is happy!

Endings like that piss me off because they have no impact or real meaning. They pushed the idea so hard that Batman made the ultimate sacrifice to save the city (which to be honest at that point was such a god damn wreck it may as well have been destroyed and started anew). But that sacrifice meant nothing cause "oops, he's alive actually".

It's like the writers wanted to avoid a sad ending because it's uncomfortable territory. But when you get right down to it, the most popular and well received stories across history were tragedies where the characters lost everything or died in the end. TDKR could have been so much more if they didn't screw up the ending.

Yeah I thought of that, too. In fact, I actually thought he was dead and the scene at the end was Alfred imagining his wish being complete.

But it would've definitely been a better ending if he died. The Dark Knight Trilogy are probably the best Batman movies ever made.

I didn't like TKDR that much. I felt there were a lot more imprecisions and plot holes that didn't exist in the first two movies. Nothing that major but things that were noticeable enough that it just didn't have the same feel of amazing perfection that the first two did.

That and Bane was completely unintelligible.

What do you mean by imprecisions? I couldn't see anything, but maybe I missed some things.

Was Bane really unintelligible? I could understand him fine :p.

I didn't like TKDR that much. I felt there were a lot more imprecisions and plot holes that didn't exist in the first two movies. Nothing that major but things that were noticeable enough that it just didn't have the same feel of amazing perfection that the first two did.

That and Bane was completely unintelligible.

Oh good, I though pt there was something up with my hearing when I was listening to Bane! I do agree though, it would have been better if Bruce had actually died in the films to stop it from being one of those movies where it is obvious that the main character will win.

Yeah, I had no problem understanding Bane at all. I thought he sounded similar to Sean Connery.

And I wouldn't say the first two movies were "perfect", either.

Batman Begins was a fine entryway, but I think The Dark Knight was where things really got darker and more complex. The Dark Knight Rises was something short of an epic climax, imo it was really awesome but had the potential to be greater; it's all cause of the ending, but otherwise, the story told was fantastic.

So what've you all been doing all day? I've been learning C++, not as hard a language to learn as I had originally thought.

Yeah, I had no problem understanding Bane at all. I thought he sounded similar to Sean Connery.

And I wouldn't say the first two movies were "perfect", either.

Bane was too echo-y and distorted for me.

I didn't mean to say that the first two were perfect but both of them really astounded me with how good they were. DKR didn't impress me in the same way.
@Red; As for imprecisions, I just felt like there were a lot more plot holes in DKR than in the previous films. It's been a while since I've seen it so I can't remember them off the top of my head but everything about Bane's plan didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me. It all just felt a bit slapdash and random.

Ah, yeah. I guess I understand that.

I think I just overanalyzed TDK, and ruined it for myself. I still think it's a pretty good movie, but I don't think it's as good as most people tend to make it out to be. Batman Begins is probably my favorite, but the first act is rather slow.

You know, since my computer science class is going to learn programming for the android, I had the idea of talking about the upcoming Ouya (here's a link in case you haven't heard about it: link) since you can program apps for it just like you could for any android phone. I've already contacted the rest of my class about it and I'm waiting for an answer from them. It could be interesting to try that.

Anyway, what did you guys get for Christmas? I got two Naruto manga books, a World of Warcraft graphic novel, two gift certificate so I can buy some new driving gloves, a skin sleeve for my laptop and Assassin's Creed 3 for the Wii U.

I got J. K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, One Piece Collections 6-8, Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Collection, a new iPod, an Android tablet PC, and various items of clothing and other stock stuffers.

I also (finally) read The Lost World, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, which was a gift from last Christmas.

Eh, writing and releasing a couple of teasers here and here. </shameless plug>

But yeah, that's pretty much all I did. Eventful, eh?

Winter Awards 2013 It is nearly that time of year again! On January 6th, the nomination thread for the awards will open for everyone to have their say in what the best stories and characters have been since September! If you are interested in being a judge, please contact me or any of the other moderators

I got J. K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, One Piece Collections 6-8, Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Collection, a new iPod, an Android tablet PC, and various items of clothing and other stock stuffers.

I also (finally) read The Lost World, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, which was a gift from last Christmas.

If you don't mind me asking, what tablet was it? I'm hoping to get myself a Nexus 7 Tablet for my birthday because it seems awesome and a great alternative to those crappy-ass iPads everybody's always dancing about it. God, Android is just so much better than iOS could ever be.

If you don't mind me asking, what tablet was it? I'm hoping to get myself a Nexus 7 Tablet for my birthday because it seems awesome and a great alternative to those crappy-ass iPads everybody's always dancing about it. God, Android is just so much better than iOS could ever be.

I have no idea lol. I can't find a model anywhere on the tablet or the box.

Back
Top Bottom