• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Trailers is an interesting idea. There's probably a specific art to mastering that as well!! I guess it's a little like what a blurb would be bit instead you could script it like a video format... ?

Okay, I'll put the trailer in a quote:

"The Heroes of Fire, Ice, and Lightning" trailer 1, take 1!

(We see Ash, Misty, and Brock (in their classic Kanto clothes), asleep in a black void, presumably a dark living room.)

Male announcer: As night falls, three heroes sleep...but little do they know...

(Ash stirs a bit as a dream balloon forms, depicting him in yellow martial artist's garb, purple and gold knuckles on his hands, and a sword at his side, delivering a lightning tinged punch to some black clad ninjas.)

Male announcer: They are about to embark on their greatest adventure yet...

(Another dream balloon forms as Misty changes position. The dream depicts her in a long blue robe that looks similar to a ninja's garb and a hood with a veil that covers most of her face, slashing down a mob of bandits as residents of a Chinese-esque city look on in awe)

Male announcer: In their dreams.

(As Brock's dream balloon forms, Ash's and Misty's dreamsonas meet his dreamsona--who wears a red tunic with black trim with a cape to match, black leggings, and shoes--in a forest somewhere in the dream world)

Male announcer: Together, the three of them will race to save an exotic land known only in their dreams...

(We see scenes of the Trio's dreamsonas fighting shadowed ninja-like beings using swords, bows, fists, and even instruments!)

Male announcer: Evil will come to learn not to disturb the harmony of fire, ice and lightning...

(The Trio's dreamsonas begin charging a massive ball of red, blue, and yellow energy...)

Male announcer: Lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash.

(...which destroys a black castle in the distance. The scene of the Trio sleeping fades out, but on the black screen, a lightning spark spells the words "COMING SOON")

Oh, I see now! That doesn't look too hard at all, if you ask me. It looks interesting too. :eek:

Nice trailer! I wish I could do things well like that.

Do you guys/gals listen to music or watch TV when you write or do you need silence?

It kind of depends. Normally, I couldn't write and watch something at the same time, but when I do watch something, it motivates me. As for music, it doesn't motivate me as much as watching something does, but it does help a little once in awhile.

I can do both as well, and like Kelleo said, it actually depends on my mood or the atmosphere as I write that determines what I need! Either way, it gets results and I guess that's the best bit about writing.

That new Justin Timberlake song "Suit & Tie" has made me wanna write a really fancy chapter for my story...lol.

In depends of the situation of the story. If I write something adventurous, I'll try and find something that suits that theme, I even occasionally listen to the music from the Kanto Saga from the anime, for example.

God, these past couple months have been so busy. But it's all gonna be done in like the next week, and then I'll have loads of free time again to do whatever I want :D.

I love to listen to soft music without any hard lyrics during my writing! Helps me mellow out.

I wish I had a tub -w- showers are so boring and simple.

Except! I only have a bath really, and I'm always using it as a shower... as having a shower is just so much easier!! It's nice to be able to relax and rest up, but a shower can get the job done quicker.

I usually don't listen to music while writing, as it tends to distract me, but I love listening to music while writing story and character notes to help me get in the right mood. I've become very fond of certain YouTube singers, such as Malukah, recently.

Back
Top Bottom