• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Random drop in:

Slowpoketails are sold for an insanely high price. Perhaps the majority of the Pokemon world is vegetarian because they can't afford the extreme costs of being a carnivore?

Also, hi everybody.

Hello! Good to see you around :D And very interesting point... I may actually steal this thought for my verse!

Pok

Is everyone in the world of Pokémon a vegetarian? Do people eat Pokémon? When they are eating steak are they eating a Tauros?
Masuda: There’s a lot of fruits and vegetables in the world of Pokémon. There is also a variety of snacks and various candies and whatnot that come from the different regions. The Pokémon world is much more technologically advanced than the world of our own, so perhaps there is probably a lot of different food that we can’t even think of.
One example of that is there is even a Rare candy which is an actual snack or piece of candy that can make you stronger, raise your level. There are all kinds of strange food that really doesn’t exist in our universe.

Well, there's our answer to that xD

Not really. All that means is there are more strange foods, not that they do or do not eat Pokemon.

Random drop in:

Slowpoketails are sold for an insanely high price. Perhaps the majority of the Pokemon world is vegetarian because they can't afford the extreme costs of being a carnivore?

Also, hi everybody.
Maybe. But in counter there is some meat in the real world that is extremely expensive. And because the tails are cut from a still living Slowpoke it would jack up the price. And if the Pokemon was killed the price would be lower.

And hi Crow.

I saw the high price of Slowpoke tails as more Team Rocket trying to screw people into giving them money, rather than an accurate representation of what a slowpoke tail would cost.

Well, there's also the fact that them selling Slowpoke tails is considered an *illegal* activity. Whether that's because it's ripping people off or poaching is a different (but related) matter.

*sees AetherX has a story up*

*sees that the thread is only 4 pages long*

"Oh, this shouldn't be too bad! I'd love to start on one of his stories and follow it from the beginning!"

*opens thread*

*over 30 chapters*

HOLY PROLIFIC FANFICS, BATMAN!

*commence inadequacy feels*

^Haha lol. XD

Fire Emblem: Awakening comes out TOMORROW! THE EXCITEMENT JUST EATS ME UP! The only problem is who I'm going to marry Chrom to! I already chose to have the Avatar (your unit) marry someone else, so for me, it's between Sumia and Olivia (Maribell just seems a bit young for him and I can't see Sully with him at all). I'm leaning towards Olivia because I haven't seen any of her support convos with Chrom yet while I did see one between him and Sumia (and it was cute and funny, admittedly), but it would be more difficult to get a support with her because she appears so late. Gah, guess it depends on how I view things as I play the game. But you gotta have as many characters as you can get married to other characters so the kids get the best possible stats!

Still, I'm SO EXCITED ANYWAY.

Oh, yes, I'm sure to! I already played the demo, and I LOVED IT. :D

Never got into FE either, but it sound interesting.

Also, I'm hung over.

Well, you guys should if you're interested! It's an amazing series, with epic storylines and deep characters. Path of Radiance for the GC is the one I started with, but FE7 (just Fire Emblem outside of Japan) for the GBA is good for beginners too. The easy mode tutorials in both are simple to understand. I find PoR to be easier and have a better story and all though. But FE7 is by no means bad. It's just not quite as good. :p

lol partying. XD

Oh, I also forgot to mention that FE is also well-known for its beautiful soundtrack. The music in the GC and Wii games is orchestrated and some of the best music in gaming history, imo. But there's some great music in the handheld ones as well. :)

I don't have a hungover, but a flu instead :(

About the new Fire Emblem, when you said you played the demo of it, I thought it was weird since I couldn't find it, though I guess in Europe it isn't available yet. The reason might be since the game won't be released here before April.

I don't have a hungover, but a flu instead :(

About the new Fire Emblem, when you said you played the demo of it, I thought it was weird since I couldn't find it, though I guess in Europe it isn't available yet. The reason might be since the game won't be released here before April.

Gah, I hope you feel better, Tophat. I've had the flu twice this winter, and it isn't fun, I agree. D:

As for the FE: Awakening demo, yeah, I believe it's only for the US so far. But Europe will probably get one too, I'm sure. :)

So, guys, once I play a good bit of FE: Awakening, I was thinking of writing this one-shot where Chrom is telling his daughter the story of one of my original FE characters from Dawn of Darkness. One that becomes mighty famous and legendary (legendary enough to get their story across the dimensional gate, that is, seeing as Awakening takes place in a different world). Chrom seems to know some tales about past FE heroes, like Ike and Marth, so yeah. It wouldn't be unreasonable for him to know a couple more, methinks.

Note that this story would spoil some of DoD, so if you don't want to spoil yourself, don't read it. However, it wouldn't speak of anything that hasn't pretty much already been revealed. Major things, that is. So we don't have to worry about that.

im just getting over a bad case of strep throat and i have bronchitis now because of it ahh

anyway hi guys, long time no see.

in other news... do you guys just

ever have those moments where you absolutely loathe everything you write and you feel like you cant get anything right and you just hate everything that you spit out like

im in one of those moods right now. im trying to write some fan-fiction and i have all these ideas but whenever i write them down and try to start something i get angry at it and start over and sometimes i get so frustrated that i just scrap the idea entirely. yesterday i was trying to write a draft for an idea but i couldnt even get past the first sentence. i actually started crying because i felt like i wasnt getting anything right and i was untalented and a failure andam,d ,asndakds

sometimes i feel like giving up on writing but it has brought so much joy and relaxation in my life. it helps me cope with my stress, depression, anxiety, and sensory integration disorder (it's a type of autism if you guys dont know) and now i just hate everything i write and it's so agonizing and painful and i really wish i could just quit comparing myself to other works and thinking "wow i suck i can never be that good"

i just dont know anymore

/quits spewing my personal problems on here and sulks away

Aw man, nooo! No no no no no no no noooo! Physical copies of FE: Awakening might be delayed a few days. DX And all because of a stinking shipping error! I've already waited so long for this game, I dun't wanna have to wait anymore! ;_;

And yeah, I've had some ideas in the past that just wouldn't come out right in writing before. And it did annoy me very much. >_<

Back
Top Bottom