• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

It's even worse when you want to write a scene, but you have a few episodes to go before reaching that scene
Oh my god, seriously. I always have the end of my story or major transitional "season finales" 100% written pretty early on. I usually kill off my enthusiasm for finishing my stories that way, too. :(

Looking through my old notes, I had... chapter 24 ("season 1" finale) completely written, chapters 46, 47, 48 (season 2 finale/season 3 intro) completely written, chapter 70 (season 3 finale) and chapter 100 (series finale) all written out. The chapter numbers are approximations, but I had pretty much every detail meticulously planned out. It's just an issue of writing it all, and I've been feeling burnt out on writing Pokemon lately.

Last edited:
I never write up my finales ahead of time, but I do try to know what they are going to be. While I definitely get impatient, there's just something about the slow burn that makes it all the more satisfying, especially in a romantic fic.

I also plan out the entire thing before I start writing. I post as soon as I finish a chapter though.

I try not to plan out too much. I like to know generally where I'm going, but if I meticulously plan, arrange, and rearrange every detail... I get bored.

I have nearly finished my first chapter of my first real fanfiction and I had no idea I would have so much fun doing it. I have well over 3000 words which hasn't really taken that long considering it usually takes me weeks and weeks to do a 3000 word essays for university. But this has just been so awesome to do, I am so glad I started, I have been reading them for years but I didnt think I would have it in me to do one of my own. Writing one during the busiest time of my life probably isn't one of the smartest of moves i'll ever make but I am enjoying it so its all good lol

I have nearly finished my first chapter of my first real fanfiction and I had no idea I would have so much fun doing it. I have well over 3000 words which hasn't really taken that long considering it usually takes me weeks and weeks to do a 3000 word essays for university. But this has just been so awesome to do, I am so glad I started, I have been reading them for years but I didnt think I would have it in me to do one of my own. Writing one during the busiest time of my life probably isn't one of the smartest of moves i'll ever make but I am enjoying it so its all good lol

Good for you! It certainly is a lot easier to write 3000 words on something that you really like writing about. To be honest, I'm a lot less intimidated by expected essay lengths than I used to be. I now see everything as "Psht, that's not even a full chapter! I could pound that out in a couple nights."

Welcome to the community, we look forward to your first fic!

Welcome GioRocket!

Anyhoo, on the subject of planning for fics, I usually know how I want my story to end and have the whole last chapter planned out. The issue is finding the motivation to reach that point, I get pretty burnt out about half-way through, then I get mad at myself, it's a never ending cycle :p

Welcome GioRocket!

Anyhoo, on the subject of planning for fics, I usually know how I want my story to end and have the whole last chapter planned out. The issue is finding the motivation to reach that point, I get pretty burnt out about half-way through, then I get mad at myself, it's a never ending cycle :p

I know that feeling, so you're not the only one

Ooh, someone new?

mlfw3709-Welcome_to_the_Herd.gif

I only focus on one chapter at a time and never plan out my stuff in advance. I'll sometimes have an idea of the things I want to happen in that chapter, but most of the time, it's honestly just a bit of a crapshoot. I only write when I have ideas so I don't have to force my stories through some contrived plot if it turns out that what I planned out isn't going to work anymore. I know it's not really an efficient way of writing, but...

My personal experience is that when people don't plan much at all, their stories don't make a lot of sense, but when they plan too much they never really get around to writing it at all.

I honestly spend more time on character backgrounds than I do rigid planning. I always (obviously) have a basic idea of where I'm going, and as much as I'd like to, I never write things out of order. I have enough a plan that I can riddle my story with foreshadowing, but usually it's just in my head.

Last edited:
@NoirGrimoir;: Well, I can certainly see you're a big fan of the new Eeveelution. XD I think it's really cute too!

So, guys, I've been trying to do some more writing lately, but I've been too addicted to Fire Emblem: Awakening. lol. But I'm going to be taking a break from the game for awhile because I'm waiting for some certain DLC for it to come out. :3

So I'll be getting more writing done soon!

@Keldeo; I do like it, its adorable and I want one and there is no way in hell it's a dragon type, but whatever, certain people can think what they want until it's shoved in their face. Though mostly I just wanted one of the new pokemon on a banner. Jumping on the wagon, as it were.

As for myself, I just had what I consider an awesome idea for a slash pokemon fic (Burgh x OC), though I have to wonder if anyone would read it, if I posted it.

Seeing as how Valentines Day is tomorrow does anyone ever write a fic or maybe just a one shot for holidays like this? I don't normally but I had an idea pop into my head and could help but to write a little something anyways.

@NoirGrimoir;: Well, I can certainly see you're a big fan of the new Eeveelution. XD I think it's really cute too!

is it wrong that when I heard it was an Eevee evo, my first thought was to write this scene?

The battle it'd just been through had been one-sided and particularly brutal. What about its hapless foe? Two biological ribbons with long streamers were adorning on this quadruped - one as a bow-tie, and one as a flower in the hair. Even if said 'hair' was basically just two tufts on either side of its head. The two hollow hoops that are probably its ears stood tall even as their owner lie flat. I can't tell you much about its eyes for their being shut, or its body color, as it had been considerably singed.

"The battlegrounds? Don't tell me you want me to-"

"I have said it before. All you need to do is observe as I battle Muriel Palmoni." The prep looked over to the punk-like girl and crossed his arms. "And what have you been doing?"

"You were taking too long. I was growing impatient." She said while recalling her Jolteon, not showing the slightest feeling over the curbstomping she'd performed. "And it was him who challenged me, with his worthless species of Pokemon."

"While you will get no argument from me about its general quality," my tutor-for-the-day began, "It is my duty as an associate of Cronus Aporon to protect the honor you wish to destroy."

That aside, I find it moderately amusing I put in a line in my fic specifically to imply that there might more evolutions to Eevee than are Official Nintendo Pokemon - with added uncertainty fitting for the speaker - just for the sake of making the fic's scale feel grander ("Doesn't Eevee have like eight or nine different ways to evolve?") and not for any other reason. And then Nintendo goes and adds an eighth. So hey, added advantage of having covered myself just in case? :p

Actually, I personally think they (Eevee and its evos) are an obsession that must be suppressed. Probably one of the few who thinks that. :/ And it feels so wrong to have that opinion and yet partially feature them in my fic - even if it is only for worldcrafting reasons. Though to clarify, I don't hate them. Only this new one. >_>

Seeing as I am not all that great at short stories (I just don't do short, as the length of my chapters can attest...) no, I don't usually do holiday short-fics. I've written a straight up Hetalia fanfiction based around Christmas though. I mean, it wasn't about Christmas, it just happened to happen during Christmas.

Seeing as how Valentines Day is tomorrow does anyone ever write a fic or maybe just a one shot for holidays like this? I don't normally but I had an idea pop into my head and could help but to write a little something anyways.

Eh, I'm not much of a Valentine's Day person since I've almost never had someone to enjoy it with. But I did make an avy to use at a Fire Emblem forum that's pretty fitting for the holiday. lol

photo-1784.png

'Tis Frederick confessing his love to the female Avatar in FE: Awakening. So cute. x3 And I love Freddy, he's awesome! I think this avy looks better on a darker background because of the glow I added to it though.

Back
Top Bottom