• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

@Caitlin: I am not a big fan of Theon... A lot of people like him and I think George wants us to feel sorry for him, but I still think the fact that he betrayed them in such a way and really effed things up is a bit unforgivable. He seems to be on a path to redemption though, so I am interested to see what happens with him in the next boos (I also like Asha and Victarion, so I am rooting for them as well).

And the third season is only going up to just after the Red Wedding, so we won't see the other stuff yet, but I personally cannot wait for the Martells and hope they are in Season Four!

@NoirGrimoir: My family is kind of like that! My mum only started watching because she thought I shouldn't watch it, and then she became really hooked as well :p

@Prof. Lugion: Like I said to Gotpika, if you wanted to you could re-review the first chapters and offer your judgements off them now that you have read the rest of the series and offer Flaze feedback on how well things are connecting? You can be creative!

Oh, wow, I'm stupid.

I thought Flaze was wanting reviews for his newer fan fiction. -_-

^No one actually thought you were drunk, they were just screwing with you ~

Ufufufufufu~! ♥

Oh, guys, I totally forgot! I have good news. I got my first job interview, at last! It's tomorrow at 4 PM. :D

Yes, I'm so excited! I would've preferred Toys R Us, which I also recently applied to, but a job's a job! I can finally get hired soon! Wee!

Hope things go well for you Kelleo(for some reason I wanted to write Kelly o_O)

anyway, I spent the last few days typing out what balances out to a sentence a day, would write something then go back and change it, not like it, get stuck and in the end scrap it all and have just a sentence added, hopefully I can get something done today :I

That could be because Kelly is in fact my real name. lol

My username is Kelly + Keldeo, see. :p Anyway, thanks a bunch! I gotta go get ready now. I have to shower, get dressed, eat a good meal, the like.

I've hit a bit of a dilemma here. I've been working on a project on and off for a few months. It's secretive, as only one other person (who happens to be somewhat of a co-writer/editor) knows any details about it. I've got a complex and deeply diverse world created for it, characters, groups, backstory, all that. I'm already on to chapter 3. Progress is steady.

The thing is, I'm not sure what to do with it. My editor/co-writer says he's confident that if we got it published, it could actually go places. It's always been my dream to have a moderately successful published work, but I keep on putting myself down, thinking I'm not good for it. On the other hand, writing these stories takes an immense amount of personal sacrifice, time, etc, which means it will be years before it's finished and I'm happy with it.

The other part of me wants to share it as it progresses, similar to how I've done things in the past. Feedback, suggestions, etc. But I realize that if I do that, I'd be shooting myself in the foot towards it ever being a commercial success if it's available for free on a message board (and even if I got rid of it, archives, way back machines, google cache etc would ruin it).

I really wish I had the easy answer to this situation.

@Caitlin;, don't put yourself down thinking that you can't do it, that's a recipe for disaster. You obviously enjoy writing the story and the world in your story, I can tell that. Try put a bit more faith in your co-writer/editor's words, I'm certain he means it.

As for the time it takes, many famous books have taken years for authors to complete, so you're not the only one in that situation. However, I'm certain you'll be satisfied with the end result.

As for getting feedback and suggestion, this may not be ideal and I'm not certain about it, but what if you let a select few individuals read and give feedback, preferably some you know in person instead of posting it on the Internet?

Yeah, and even if the first publisher you go to turns you down, don't give up. Dr. Seuss didn't when they all turned him down and look how famous his books became.

Wassup homies. Just got back from a vacation in Florida! I'm tan. Yay XD

How's the workshop?

@Caitlin If you are worried about posting it on the board for free...you could always email it people who ask. Though you don't have to send a whole chapter maybe just blacks of certain parts here and there. That way you don't give it ALL away.

Ooh, I went to Disney World last month for my niece's 2nd birthday! The Magic Kingdom was the only part we went to, but it was totally amazing! I just wish Splash Mountain had been open. But it only runs in spring and summer. DX

Also, my job interview went great! I apparently did a very good job, much better than I thought I would. I think I'm gonna get hired. :D

Back
Top Bottom