• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Sope, I've decided I want to do a BIG project, bigger then the Travelsverse, and infact related to it. Simply put, I want to do a Massive Crossover story with every 'canon' of Pokémon out there. Including 'verses, such as AceTrainer14's Galacticverse, to oneshots, and even RPverses if I can read through them. As well as not just limiting myself to Bulbagarden, I plan to look for 'verses in other Pokémon communities and such. What's people's general opinion to this and do they want their characters to have a significant role in the events? If not, cameos all'round :L

I think this is a really cool idea, if done right. Would you just be pulling characters from all over, or would it be a big multiverse clusterfuck (I mean that in the best way possible)?

Sope, I've decided I want to do a BIG project, bigger then the Travelsverse, and infact related to it. Simply put, I want to do a Massive Crossover story with every 'canon' of Pokémon out there. Including 'verses, such as AceTrainer14's Galacticverse, to oneshots, and even RPverses if I can read through them. As well as not just limiting myself to Bulbagarden, I plan to look for 'verses in other Pokémon communities and such. What's people's general opinion to this and do they want their characters to have a significant role in the events? If not, cameos all'round :L

I think this is a really cool idea, if done right. Would you just be pulling characters from all over, or would it be a big multiverse clusterfuck (I mean that in the best way possible)?
One big Multiverse mashup. Characters from one fanwork fighting several from others with no knowledge of each other before that point since they're from entirely separate universes (except a couple of universes that've already crossed). And a few landmarks from those fanseries scattered about the shop since the worlds have been forced together (such as the Pokémon Knight University, and New Silph Tower jutting out of the Silph Co. building because they occupy the same space in different worlds). Y'know, stuff like that. I'll give better examples once I start reading through every fanfic to get all the research done.

I love that idea! It sounds like quite the undertaking, though. Will you be consulting with authors of these characters, locations and stories to get the details correct, or are you going to wing it and see how it goes first?

Little from Column A, little from Column B. I'm going to read through everything on here, get all the details, then talk to the authors and establish anything I may have missed, as well as determining which stories are in Shared Universes so that I can make proper reference to it.

Little from Column A, little from Column B. I'm going to read through everything on here, get all the details, then talk to the authors and establish anything I may have missed, as well as determining which stories are in Shared Universes so that I can make proper reference to it.

Sounds like a lot of work, but I'm certain the end result will be great. One question: how will the characters from different universes meet each other, or will it be an alternate reality to those said universes?

Ah, fanfic crossovers are cool. I want my characters in it...I don't know if my story constitutes as having it's own verse, though. It's all on its lonesome. O_O

Sounds like a lot of work, but I'm certain the end result will be great. One question: how will the characters from different universes meet each other, or will it be an alternate reality to those said universes?
To put it simply, there's a bright flash and suddenly there's billions more humans and Pokémon in the world, as wel as differently designed buildings jutting out from others, since I doubt every universe has the exact same design. Chaos ensues, as well as every government that exists immediately attempting to claim control and any armies that exist having no clue what the hell to do.

Ah, fanfic crossovers are cool. I want my characters in it...I don't know if my story constitutes as having it's own verse, though. It's all on its lonesome. O_O
Right then, it's a universe, but not a 'verse :L I can easily fit those in somewhere.

Well this could end up turning into something very very big xD

Considering the reaction thus far has been positive and I've yet to look at the Roleplaying section or webcomics for this |P

I think the GrandPokéMultiVerse will be a fun concept :L

Fair enough.

Sope, while I suffer through some major events that could end rather badly, I'm going to work on a Map to the Multiverse. It'll be bigger and be much more clearer once I'm done, I shrunk this one down so loads of loading doesn't occur. What do people think, while I've only got the 5 Main Universes on there, think I should continue to let people see their universe's "placement" in the Multiverse Tree? =P

Oh, and the words say:
Universe-1 RGBY/GSC
Universe-2 The Animé
Universe-3 Pocket Monsters Manga
Universe-4 Special Manga
Universe-5 Canon Games

Some edits were made to the rules of the Review Game, go ahead and check them and keep the game moving :)

I do have to say I like the idea, too bad I don't have any characters from stories to be able to be in it :(

I hope someone reviews Flaze's fic soon. *hinthint*

I've already done so. :p

Lol. Now it's my turn!
I'll try to take care of this when I get home. :p

So, I haven't played a Mario & Luigi:RPG game in such a long time I decided to dust off my old Mario and Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story cart from 2009. I never did finish the game and didn't get really engrossed in it, I'm playing it again because I'm really excited for Mario & Luigi:Dream Team, the fourth M&L RPG in the series. I never finished Partners in Time either so I guess I'll replay that eventually. Poor Luigi, always getting treated treated like the lesser brother of the Mario Bros. :p I gotta say, this dialogue is really good. It'll surely be a huge help for me when writing dialogue interactions and exchanges between characters. The comedic aspects interlaced with the free flowing natural style of dialogue makes it very entertaining, I also like the subtle but not over the top personalities of many of the characters. Starlow's snark demeanor sticks out as something interesting to me since I plan to write a character in that regard for the future chapters of one of the characters of my fic. I'll never understand how the dialogue could be so regular, yet so entertaining and interesting to read. Though that probably stems from the interactions between the characters. The first fight with Bowser is what I've accomplished so far and I'm really entertained in it. Makes me wanna plan a one-shot in the future for the M&L RPG!Verse.

Me and my affinity for Mario games :p

Almost two hours and nobody has agreed :I

what does he get if you're wrong? What do you get if you're right? Why am I being so inquisitive? Did I spell that word right? Why am I procrastinating?

as for the big project, it sounds like an awesome idea X3

Back
Top Bottom