• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

:-( So you're not even going to give it a chance?

sadpup.jpg

okay...

I'm really sorry, no. :(

But as I said, it's not your fault. Really.

@Kelleo, I think you are being extremely unfair. You go on about not being able to find the link, and everyone has to go and get it for you rather than you searching for it on your own, and then you don't even want to give the fic a try after getting everyone's hopes up. Your actions are completely against the spirit of the Workshop! You cannot base a fic purely on what it contains, and I do not see what is preventing you from reading the first chapter and trying the story out if you were going to read it anyway until learning its general basis. I find it extremely ironic as well as you caused such a fuss when the Review Game was originally being created by Gotpika and it was going to be just Pokemon fan fiction and you wanted your Fire Emblem stories to be included as well, and now you are excluding another piece of fan fiction yourself. I am sure if someone said they did not want to read a Fire Emblem story when you had been waiting several weeks to get one single review you would be very upset yourself.

@AceTrainer14;: I know, I feel bad, really. But for one thing, I had to go to work soon after I noticed the link wasn't working for me, so I was unable to search for it myself. Not to mention I didn't actually ask anyone to find the link for me. The others did it of their own free will. And for another, I really wanted to give Feli's story a chance despite that I don't read much Pokemon fiction in general, but that nuzlocke thing still makes me reluctant. I will reconsider, however, because I do understand what you're saying. But even so, you also can't force others to read something. Yes, I'd be upset if someone didn't want to read my Fire Emblem fic for whatever reason, but I wouldn't pester them to even after. I'd just get on their nerves.

I'm not saying you're annoying me or anything at all, I'm just letting you know of this for future reference.

I am not trying to force you to read it, I am just saying that you made a big deal about it and then did not follow through. You did not need to post to say "Not going to read this" as this only upsets the author, especially when you are judging it on the themes rather than actually giving it a go.

See, now a proper response that keeps the spirit would be a plain old to-the-point if harsh: "nuzlockes are awful i hate them so much i refuse to associate with them sorry" or possibly skimming over it just enough to at least say "no interest but i see you're going against whitney next this will be predictable; have a nice final chapter~" Like me. ;P

Let's talk about her in a Gold/Crystal speedrun for the funstuffs, since I wrote this up for whatever reason.

Now when you hear Whitney you might be thinking to yourself: Miltank, that'll be tough. Uh-uh. If things go well, that fat cow is all but free. The real problem is the little ball of shit that comes before it: CLEFAIRY.

Let's go over its moveset. Encore. This is generally good if it happens. You do the run with Totodile et al as your lone champion. It'll be using Rage and only Rage in this battle, and this will save you some menuing. Mimic. This basically never happens and is a wasted turn if it does, though you don't really want it to use the mimicked Rage either. Doubleslap. This is what you want to happen. Every hit of Doubleslap will boost Croconaw's Rage level by one stage, so what you're hoping for is a Doubleslap with a high number of hits. Metronome. Oh my god.

That fucking move is a roulette of pain and suffering. One wrong roll, and you're done, son. Some of the horrible things that Metronome can give you include: Thunder Wave, Zap Cannon, Dynamicpunch, Spore, Confuse Ray, Sacred Fire, Charm, Reflect, Sand Attack, Disable...so much can go wrong and do anything from waste horrendous amounts of time to outright killing the run. The worst are Selfdestruct and Explosion, both a cocktail of instant death, guaranteed. gg.

See, once you get the boosts from Rage, Miltank isn't so bad. You can just body the hell out of it with your pissed-off Croconaw and get the win. You may fear Rollout, but that's what you want! It won't build up enough power in time to kill you before you kill it. The only danger at this point is a flinch from Stomp or a critical Stomp, both of which are bad news. But without the boosts from Rage, you get wrecked no matter what you do.

You can see now why Metronome from Clefairy is such a big problem. Just not using Doubleslap is bad enough, and even though it can sometimes give you a substitute like Barrage, you're way more than likely to get something that will kill your ass. Just use your imagination. Even things you wouldn't expect like Baton Pass (switches to Miltank), Conversion2 (can't build up Rage anymore), Transform (loses Doubleslap), and Belly Drum (can cause Clefairy to die too early or make it do too much damage) are pretty much run over.

This is an absolutely brutal fight due to that one move, and is definitely the third-most obnoxious in the speedrun.

All that being said, I may skim the next chapter of that fic, just to see if some of that trolling comes into play.

...so how's about them shipping fics?

(Puts his head down. The ice hasn't been broken)

@adiosToreador; I've made a review of the first three chapters of your fic and posted the link in the review game, and I would also like to say that I will continue reading it. After all, Nuzlocke fics intrigues me at the moment :)

I don't think I noticed anything about it in the Review Game, but is it kosher to ask for a review in a story that isn't your own? *likes to read and review but doesn't have anything up yet* -_-;;

I don't think I noticed anything about it in the Review Game, but is it kosher to ask for a review in a story that isn't your own? *likes to read and review but doesn't have anything up yet* -_-;;
No, the story that is asked to review has to be the said persons. So in order to actually do the game you have to have a fic of your own.

And thank you Tophat for doing the review :)

Happy to help :). I believed too much time passed since Feli requested a review, so I decided to give her a review with 3 chapters in total to compensate for that :)

Last edited:
I am not trying to force you to read it, I am just saying that you made a big deal about it and then did not follow through. You did not need to post to say "Not going to read this" as this only upsets the author, especially when you are judging it on the themes rather than actually giving it a go.

I made a big deal about it because I'd heard Feli's fic was good, yet was waiting for a review, and I thought I might review it. I didn't know it was a nuzlocke fic at all. I wasn't expecting to change my mind about reading it. I honestly apologize.

No, the story that is asked to review has to be the said persons. So in order to actually do the game you have to have a fic of your own.

Aw, that sucks. If you don't mind me asking, why? I mean, someone's story is getting reviewed either way and it allows people who don't have stories up or write to participate.

Last edited:
Aw, that sucks. If you don't mind me asking, why? I mean, someone's story is getting reviewed either way and it allows people who don't have stories up or write to participate.

I'm guessing because it's only for people that actively write and post here as well as so authors can make sure the stories they want reviews for get those reviews and that there won't be any bias. It's no fun if readers keep requesting fics by the same author or requesting a fic by an author that would rather seek a review for a different fic at the moment.

@Tophat Dragoneye;: I left you a review for the review game. :)

Goodbye, my friends. It has been a fun ride!

Whoa, what? You're leaving?

Well, here's to you my friend. Good luck in the future. I hope your health is improving. You'll be remembered for your creativity and dedication to improving this section. :)

Well some stories that are really good and well known could get many but the lesser known fics wouldn't get as much as attention. Trust me I also find this kinda annoying as I don't have a fic but understand why it should be there.

Goodbye, my friends. It has been a fun ride!
What?! Just leaving like that. Sad to see you go Legacy, you will be missed. Hopefully you will come back soon.

Back
Top Bottom