• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

That was the fic that always won, thank you for finding it Aether :)

While I like System's reasoning, we will not be adding any new Awards, at least not for these ones. It is something to consider for the future, but the cut back style does make things smoother and easier for the judges (and personally, I want my Best Pokemon Character award brought back first should we ever change things :p) We shall see how things go with the new style first and then we can have a look into if the types of fics present in the Workshop have changed. If there are actually more stories with romance as the central theme it would be something to consider, but it would have to be a significant number and not just three stories competing against each other.

If that like canon pokemon character or a character that is a pokemon?

If you could nominate your own stuff, I'd nominate Bones for that award if it was the latter. Fo'sho.

Character that is a Pokemon.

I always though that award was cool because it encouraged people to actually put thought into the Pokemon they used in their story. It led to some more interesting writing.

I've moved the ratings guide into the main rules post, in case anyone's wondering where it went.

If you went with "Best Relationship," then that doesn't actually have to be strictly between characters that are involved romantically. Platonic relationships or even Kismesissitude antagonistic could also be included, giving you a wider range of stories to work with.

I like the new scaled back award system you've announced. It sounds more efficient.

Guess I should keep writing fics then

post 666 oh god guys what do i do

On an unrelated topic, everyone should click on the picture in my sig because The Reward is the greatest animation of the decade.

For reasons best summed up as 'depression', I did completely drop off the face of the internet for a time around this time last year, something which I rather regret. Like many things, I'm redoing Different Eyes, and may eventually return to this forum. While contemplating that, I remembered with shame that I left several other authors waiting for reviews. I feel I should assure you that I still have the notepad with the names of everyone I owe feedback, and have not reneged my promises - just delayed to an absurd date. Many apologies - I look forward to that time.
-J

post 666 oh god guys what do i do

On an unrelated topic, everyone should click on the picture in my sig because The Reward is the greatest animation of the decade.

Hey, I remember seeing this on the Danish national news TV (Yes, our country is actually so small that some news is shown on national that are about indie projects (two so far is related to Kickstarter))!

On an unrelated note, welcome back, unrepentantAuthor.

They will be renamed, don't worry! Though I am disappointed as I had a good idea of what Pokemon to feature on the banner for Spring :p Maybe it will have to be a duo this time to signify the transition...

For reasons best summed up as 'depression', I did completely drop off the face of the internet for a time around this time last year, something which I rather regret. Like many things, I'm redoing Different Eyes, and may eventually return to this forum. While contemplating that, I remembered with shame that I left several other authors waiting for reviews. I feel I should assure you that I still have the notepad with the names of everyone I owe feedback, and have not reneged my promises - just delayed to an absurd date. Many apologies - I look forward to that time.
-J

If you want to come back, then you'll be welcomed. But you don't owe anyone anything, and you're certainly not obligated. Real life comes first. Take your time, work through things at your own pace, and know that you'll always have people to support you here.

Don't quote me on this guys, but I think Chapter Three of You Win Some, You Lose Some will be up tomorrow evening, if anyone cares.

Don't quote me on this guys, but I think Chapter Three of You Win Some, You Lose Some will be up tomorrow evening, if anyone cares.

Quoted and minted. Been there, quoted that.

And looking forward to that chapter, even if I might not read it immediately; I've been swamped with the upcoming exams, and I don't have time to read or write much, unfortunately.

Nobody for the review game? All it takes is a small post, not a long one by any means(as long as it is not only 1 line or the like). I'm sure Kelleo would appreciate it. It's a good Luigi/Mario series fanfic from what I've heard so if you like that series then you should check it out and leave a review.

Well, I was thinking about it. I might read it tomorrow or the day after. Though of course if anyone gets there first, then by all means.

I have the fic open in another tab, but I don't know when I'll be able to get around to it. I've got exams this week and family visiting this weekend and essays due and homework and labs and bleeehhhhh...

Not to mention I'm trying to spend more time writing instead of reviewing. I'd probably have my next chapter out by now if I didn't review as much. It's just as rewarding though so I'm not complaining.

Speaking of which, I've been feeling kind of down lately so I've only really been in the mood to write emotional stuff. Since I'm on a climactic action sequence right now that's kind of not possible. I really want to get some writing done though, so I spent all day listening to action-y music and running through the scenes in my head so I'd be in the mood, but I just sat down and decided to read the last chapter of Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova before I got started. Now I'm not in the mood to write anything but endings... Fuck emotions. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Also, welcome back @unrepentantAuthor; I was just thinking about you the other day. Don't worry too much about reviewing, just do what you need to get done. I look forward to the triumphant return and subsequent award ownage of Different Eyes.

I think it's that more people would rather read a Pokemon story, Soulmaster. They might not have played any Mario games or don't like them much or something. This would make you wonder why I posted any non-Pokemon fanfics at all, but I did so because this is the best writing section I've ever found on a forum by far, and I WAS hoping to get at least a little advice and improvement here. Which I did, much to my pleasure. :)

Also, thanks to anyone that's considering reading my fic anyway. ^^

Back
Top Bottom