• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm at around 138k words (300+ pages) right now with Unpredictable. I'll probably finish at around 160k.

There is no reason a story should be that long xD I look forward to writing something shorter.

PF's at about 77k, but I estimate it will be around 200k when it's finished.

Galactic is over 600 pages and 400k words long, and it is actually a major drag as I am only halfway through it and never intended for it to get this long -_____-

Oh my God, me and my sister went to Sonic to get half-price milkshakes and I drank a peanut butter cookie milkshake and now I feel like I'm going to die -_-

"Me and my sister"? Really? This is where half-priced milkshakes get you: poor grammar.

Don't do drugs, kids ;)

Oh my God, me and my sister went to Sonic to get half-price milkshakes and I drank a peanut butter cookie milkshake and now I feel like I'm going to die -_-

Oh, lawd. Had one of those the other day and just SO good. I could have.. just mmm. It makes me miss going to get this nice blend of peanut putter and Oreos in milkshake form from Coldstone. In other news, my first year at uni is done. I have started work at that site I told you guys about and I hope to start reading non-Teen Wolf related things again soon. And writing. Writing is on my to do list.

I never counted my pages or words all together honestly xD I usually forget to count now that I think about it, but meh, the length doesn't matter in the end does it?

I don't hand count them: its just looking at the bottom of the document to see how many and FF.net gives you a word count. Length does not mean much quality wise, but it can be an achievement to reach a certain milestone, such as writing something over 100 pages - I remember being stoked when my first series got over that mark.

What would be really cool is if your fic's thread got to be a hundred pages long. That'd be a feat. Hell, just fifty would be pretty awesome.

lol my FE fic is long past 100 pages, I know that. XD

So, on another topic, I just ordered two Keldeo plushies. One in its normal form and the other in its Resolute form! Can't wait to add them to my other Keldeo stuff. :D I have two Keldeo figures (also one in each form), a Keldeo card tin, and a giant Keldeo EX card that's about eight inches tall. ^^

I haven't bothered with page counts, mostly because I use EditPlus (which is basically notepad on steroids) for all of my writing needs. I don't think I've had a proper word processor on my computer in about 7 years.

I use OneNote, so I can sort the different chapters into different pages, or add different sections for chapters, notes etc. The downside is that there is no word count on it, so I'm forced to copy the chapter to Word when I need to count them (Haven't I said this before?).

Regarding television shows (a bit late, I know...), I'm excited for two new shows, none of which are American. They're "The Fall" and "The White Queen", and their teaser trailers can be seen below:

[video=youtube;tP5Tl04gv3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP5Tl04gv3g[/video]​

Since I can't post two videos: The White Queen, the book which it is based on is one I bought for my sister, but wasn't that interested in actually reading it; so this is convenient for me.

I don't watch much TV anymore. But I am a big fan of Law & Order and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. :3

Oh, going back to Pokemon plushies, I also bought an Axew one at Target the other day. Axew is cute too! Does anyone else have Pokemon plushies and figures and stuff?

I don't really collect knick-knacks. I like things that are more practical. If it's just to look at or sit somewhere, and doesn't match my decor, then I sort of just see it as a waste of money.

Also, for writing I use LibreOffice.

-_- I only have 2 forum pages on my fan fiction. Speaking of, it would be cool if someone, perhaps someone who reviewed chapters 1 and 2, would also review chapter 3...that would just be very awesome of someone.

Well, admittedly, my figures are just for decor, but I play with my plushies sometimes...lol.

My room actually has a theme, so putting pokemon figures in it would just mess it up.

My room actually has a theme, so putting pokemon figures in it would just mess it up.

Well, mine is basically Nintendo themed (Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem stuff), so it works for me. XD

I do have some My Little Pony and Scooby Doo stuff there too though, but not nearly as much as Nintendo merchandise.

Back
Top Bottom