• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I have Pikachu, Mudkip, Torchic, Treecko, Weavile and Ampharos plushies :D (but Treecko and Ampharos belong to my bro) :3 they´re great

Oh my God, me and my sister went to Sonic to get half-price milkshakes and I drank a peanut butter cookie milkshake and now I feel like I'm going to die -_-

Oh, lawd. Had one of those the other day and just SO good. I could have.. just mmm. It makes me miss going to get this nice blend of peanut putter and Oreos in milkshake form from Coldstone. In other news, my first year at uni is done. I have started work at that site I told you guys about and I hope to start reading non-Teen Wolf related things again soon. And writing. Writing is on my to do list.
That actually sounds really delectable, unfortunately I can't eat many high calorie foods due to my current diet but sounds like something I'd kill in a few minutes.

Last edited:
It's really freaking hot today here, so right now actually sounds good. I wish i could go back in time and eat it over again.

And I can see you like the new panda pokemon, Druddigon, ufufufu~! I like him to. Your sig and avatar are great.

I have Oshawott, Dewott, Munna, Pidove and Sandile, as well as really old Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Butterfree ones from the 2000's. I would get more if there would more cute ones available in NZ but there aren't really...

Ooh yes, anyone else see the new X and Y news today? Of the new Pokemon announced so far the goat seems the most interesting. Again, I am scared by the speed in which fan art of such quality has been produced

My room's theme: bland with a side of "this person might not care as much as she should"

Again, I am scared by the speed in which fan art of such quality has been produced
I'd be more scared by the speed in which rule34 has been produced.

And I can see you like the new panda pokemon, Druddigon, ufufufu~! I like him to. Your sig and avatar are great.
Yep, Yanchamu is an interesting and fun introduction to the Gen 6 family. I'm really liking the overall design and concept of the Pokemon itself. I really wanna draw some more fanart of it(I tried this morning but I'm not too comfy with the final product, I'll do better taking my time on some more pieces.), I haven't so far because I've been lazy. I'm quite amazed by the amount of people who can insta-draw a Pokemon with little to no reference so quickly after the reveal. Yayakoma is pretty unique too for a bird, the fact it can use Flame Charge is nice and I can't get the image of a flying fireball of speedy death out of my head when I see its ability to use that move. I don't have a super solid opinion on Gogoat, but it's growing on me. Horn Leech is a nice move choice for it, I'm banking on a mostly Attack Pokemon with that. Elikkiteru is a nice new Electric-type, it's tied for my favorite type and I like the unique typing of it and the idea of solar-induced electricity.

Do you plan to draw any art of the new Pokemon?

Ufufu~! Drawing a pick of Yayakoma right now. At first I was skeptical, but seriously, the more I look at it, the more I love it. It's so quirky and cute. I'm catching one immediately when I start my game. I don't even care if it sucks, though it having flame charge sounds like it could be really useful, though considering I'm planning to use the fire type started, it will be a little redundant, hehe.

Ufufu~! Drawing a pick of Yayakoma right now. At first I was skeptical, but seriously, the more I look at it, the more I love it. It's so quirky and cute. I'm catching one immediately when I start my game. I don't even care if it sucks, though it having flame charge sounds like it could be really useful, though considering I'm planning to use the fire type started, it will be a little redundant, hehe.
I'm probably gonna hop on some fanart as well. Just outta curiosity, do you sketch, lineart, and then color? I've seen more people use a straight color method after cleaning up their sketches.

My room's theme: bland with a side of "this person might not care as much as she should"

Again, I am scared by the speed in which fan art of such quality has been produced
I'd be more scared by the speed in which rule34 has been produced.

Oh god, I don't even want to consider that... I remember seeing stuff that had come out a few days after Black and White were first released with Cynthia and all the visitors to her chateau running along the beach. It is quite scary the speed at which people do this stuff. I have a fan fic I really want to do about the new Pokemon and fan art and I may get around to it at one point.

I pretty much make a sketch, do lineart and then color, yeah, unless I'm doing more of a painterly look (which is rarely) and then I usually sketch, put down some color, and then go back and accent with some outlining. It sort of just depends on what I'm going for, but I'm big on sketching and line-work, in general.

Aw yeah, right here!

Yayakoma_zpsfa73a78d.png

Last edited:
^ AWwwww, that's just so adorable! ^_^

The Panda intrigues me the most out of all the leaked 'mons, though. I don't particularly like the goat one (sorry AT14), but overall the design of all of them aren't too shabby, to be honest.

My room's pretty bland at the moment, since we just moved, and I have to share it with my younger brother. His bed's full of stuffed animals, though! xD And, for mine, you'll probably find a book or two there most days.

and fan art and I may get around to it at one point.
You draw? I had no clue, do you do digital or traditional?

I don't draw. The sentence was should be read as 'I have a fan fic I really want to do about "the new Pokemon and fan art" ' It's a sort of crack fic idea I have had since the starter art exploded online as if people had been poised with pens in their hand waiting to begin the moment they got announced. While I appreciate the quality of artwork, I am shit drawer :p

And @MuddyMudkip, I am not offended :p I just find it the most intriguing design of the ones released today. Panda and bird are cute but there isn't anything that exciting about them, though I am sure their evolutions will be something interesting

Last edited:
I like the goat alright. He's kind of cool, but he reminds me so much of sawsbuck/deerling that I'm not too whooped about it. It's almost a retread. Though I do like it's cool horns and that we get to ride them.

The panda I also find really adorable and it was the one I liked best initially, but the bird is great. If it's the starter bird it will pretty much be the most colorful one we've ever had. Even Tailow wasn't quite as interesting, I feel. I think this pokemon actually has a good chance of only having a single evolution like Tailow and Spearow did, instead of the traditional two.

Aw yeah, right here!

Yayakoma_zpsfa73a78d.png
That looks really nice. You have a really cute style. :]

I decided to take a break on my drawing, I got hungry and a bit tired. I’m super slow at making lineart because I’m always trying to make it as straight as possible. The general sketch is pretty much done, not bad for 20 mins. Gotta make the lineart and color it tomorrow however now that the rough sketch is done.

tumblr_mmnymgGbKb1rsrk2xo1_500.jpg

@Flaze; Lol, no, it's the new pokemon.
@Druddigon; Cute!

Oh god, I hate getting line art straight, too. It's weird because I can easily draw straight lines by hand but on a tablet it gets hard for no apparent reason. It's a love/hate relationship, between lineart and myself.

Back
Top Bottom