• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Bah, shame I missed the room conversation. I actually started painting my room today. I was getting tired of the ugly light blue wallpaper, so now it's going to be moss green.

Nice!

My room is painted cream on two walls and a burnt orange on the other two.

Just gonna leave this little gem here...

cad-20130114-ce4b9.png

That is pretty funny! I always here people saying they should change the elements, but are there any other three types that can have the whole weak against/strong against scenario? The closest I can think of is Dark - Psychic - Fighting, but that one is kind of unfair as Dark is immune to Psychic.

That's fifty percent more dimensions than we usually use! This is madness!

Oh, that's funny...

There are lots of triangles, actually. Flying > Fighting > Ice > Flying, for example. You can replace Ice with Rock in this one as well. Most of the other triangles include either Fire, Water, or Grass, though, which I imagine wouldn't want to be included if the starters' primary types were changed.

Having fire/water/grass is just plain tradition, I wouldn't even want it to change.

Yayakuma is ADORABLE! :3 @NoirGrimoir; do you mind if I use your picture for my avatar?

It's easily my favorite of the new pokemon revealed today (though Ryuu swears up and down that Yanchamu is the best one xD). Eritkiteru is starting to grow on me ever since I noticed that the dark pattern on his head makes him look like he's wearing an aviator cap :3 He's still kind of derpy, though. Gogoat reminds me a lot of Yakul from Princess Mononoke - I wonder if you'll be able to ride other pokemon besides it?

I'd never want the main elements of the starters to change. Fire/Water/Grass is just so iconic, and also a really good way to introduce the concept of type matchups to the new players. Every generation is going to have a group of kids who are gonna be able to say that it was their first, so we can't forget that those gameplay elements still need to be there. I could see doing another triangle of secondary Fighting/Flying/Rock types, though, perhaps making it so that the starters who's main elements are weak to each other have secondary elements that are strong against each other - sort of like a reverse type triangle (ex. Fire/Fighting, Water/Rock, Grass/Flying).

Last edited:
Oh, I don't want the grass/fire/water thing to change either, I was just pointing out that it isn't the only triangle.

@adiosToreador; Go for it! Just if anyone asks, say I did it. ^_~

I totally agree with the comparison of Gogoat to Yakul. I thought of that immediately when I saw it.

Last edited:
You can resize it, you know.

2927a98e-c509-4406-b619-675f3347930a_zpsa612c420.jpg

O_O Oh, hey, look there you go...

Last edited:
But I don't know how :-/ I don't have photoshop, I've no idea what the equivalent for macs is, and I'd probably have absolutely no clue how to use it even if I did.

Since I resized it for you, now if you use it you have to review my fic.

Just Kidding ~ ♥

Back
Top Bottom