• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

:-( Sorry to hear about your dog, Aether. I remember when one of my dogs died for the first time...she got put down while I was at school. I was so upset that I nearly didn't go to the basketball game that evening (I was part of the pep band, so that's why I was going in the first place), but I knew that it would be a good way to distract myself.

Also, what do you think of the new region? Is anyone considering writing a fiction in Kalos region?
Probably not. I'm still being oldschool and avoiding too much Gen V stuff since I had planned everything out for my story before that was even a thing. :p

Also, what do you think of the new region? Is anyone considering writing a fiction in Kalos region?
Probably not. I'm still being oldschool and avoiding too much Gen V stuff since I had planned everything out for my story before that was even a thing. :p

I probably won't write anything for Kalos anytime soon, but when it's released and all the pokemon are known, some of them will probably pop up in You Win Some, You Lose Some.

Thanks for the sympathies everyone, it means a lot. I've lost pets before, but this was just so sudden and unexpected and I never got a chance to say goodbye.

I have too many plans to do something set in Kalos, but I might throw in some Gen 6 Pokemon after it gets officially released. Basically same as what I did with Gen 5. The regions (Unova and Kalos, that is) are so far apart from the others geographically that it's easy to justify separation.

Eh bleh. I started writing Champion Game before Gen V was out (though that was in its formative stages; I didn't publish it till after B/W's release), and it's set back in Gen III. SGTG is set in Unova, but in general I'm just too far behind to write anything in ... Kalos, was it? I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible XD.

[You can ignore this bit if you haven't read CG :p] I'm tossing up on whether to revive Champion Game, actually. I'd really hate to see it die, but I feel so lost whenever I try and pick up the story again. I do have comprehensive notes, but it would take a long time to get my head back round everything (a 150,000 word fic, plus pages and pages of notes, plot outlines, character profiles, maps, plans and summaries). So what I'm considering doing is skipping to the sequel. This could mean two things, as I have two sequels planned. One is set just a couple of months after CG ends, while the other is a while later (after Ren loses his Champion title). The first would feature further exploration of the world of dreams, its history and its future, answering a lot of important questions - but this would also require a lot of research back into the CG archives. The second option would feature a revolutionary project based in Unova for young, promising Trainers, and wouldn't really touch on the fantasy universe at all.

Or I could completely ditch that and go for something new. I have some stewing ideas, and I'd also like to revisit the overlooked convalescence+convergence which I started a couple of years back. I'm having trouble finding the notes I wrote for this, but there were lots of them and it was quite an involved story.

Totally unrelated ot the discussion, but Oh Lord, I'm doing the fakemon scribble challenge, and I just made the most ridiculous pokemon ever... >_<

As soon as I heard of Sylveon I thought it was so awful I wrote a scene where one gets absolutely destroyed in a battle - even though that chapter was (at the time) a few ahead. Or at least, showing witness to the aftermath and not mentioning it by name, but directly indirectly stating it is an awful awful species. I would do the same to droopy ears, but worldcrafting prevents me from doing so.

As for Kalos itself...as far as my fic is concerned, worldcrafting rules it out just as much as Unova got ruled out.

Totally unrelated ot the discussion, but Oh Lord, I'm doing the fakemon scribble challenge, and I just made the most ridiculous pokemon ever... >_<

Pft. Can't be more ridiculous than this.

87103.png

Kenflanso, which came about after somebody was reworking Mareep to Ice/Electric for a romhack, giving it a new name, and thinking to play off the ampere anagram thing with snowflake. Leading to Kenflanso, the Warrior Custard Pokemon being jokingly proposed...and then somebody drew it.

Speaking of which, that hack has a lot of off-the-wall evolutions. Examples include Yulefo (Delibird spaceshup), Skarsenal (hovertank Skarmory), Mariachne (flying spider Ariados), Absur'd (Zorro Farfetch'd), and Chimecha (exactly what you'd expect). Sadly, my attempts at getting in Cold Fusion Generator Electrode did not go through. Though neither did the Mareep Ice/Electric reworkings. Or Kenflanso. So...eh?

What I made is a chocolate covered strawberry...cat...thing.

fakemon 3.jpg

I mean, it's kind of cute, but seriously, what the heck?

It doesn't have a name yet.

My first attempt at a fake pokemon was a psychotic, knife wielding candle named Candlejack. It would have been ghost/fire and learned a crap ton of steel-type moves on level up. Two months later, Chandelure was announced. My general concept was similar though markedly different, I guess. However, I like to claim that I'm telepathically linked with Ken Sugimori and that I am responsible for that evolutionary line. :|

Bah I've got four guys left to pair up against three girls and I don't know which of them I should doom to be a bachelor.

^Is this in Fire Emblem?

My fakemon would be a Food type pokemon. You know, if Food type existed. Since it doesn't, then I guess it would be Grass, or if Fairy ends up existing, then Fairy or Fairy/Grass, I guess.

Yeah. There's one character I kind of really don't like and normally I would just leave him out of it, but I'm hesitant because he'd give his kid some pretty nice bonuses as opposed to that wife's other main candidate.

Eh bleh. I started writing Champion Game before Gen V was out (though that was in its formative stages; I didn't publish it till after B/W's release), and it's set back in Gen III. SGTG is set in Unova, but in general I'm just too far behind to write anything in ... Kalos, was it? I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible XD.

[You can ignore this bit if you haven't read CG :p] I'm tossing up on whether to revive Champion Game, actually. I'd really hate to see it die, but I feel so lost whenever I try and pick up the story again. I do have comprehensive notes, but it would take a long time to get my head back round everything (a 150,000 word fic, plus pages and pages of notes, plot outlines, character profiles, maps, plans and summaries). So what I'm considering doing is skipping to the sequel. This could mean two things, as I have two sequels planned. One is set just a couple of months after CG ends, while the other is a while later (after Ren loses his Champion title). The first would feature further exploration of the world of dreams, its history and its future, answering a lot of important questions - but this would also require a lot of research back into the CG archives. The second option would feature a revolutionary project based in Unova for young, promising Trainers, and wouldn't really touch on the fantasy universe at all.

Or I could completely ditch that and go for something new. I have some stewing ideas, and I'd also like to revisit the overlooked convalescence+convergence which I started a couple of years back. I'm having trouble finding the notes I wrote for this, but there were lots of them and it was quite an involved story.
A while back, before I went on roughly a year-long [unintentional] break from BMGf, I had gotten around to reading Champion Game, and I have to hand it to you, I certainly enjoyed that story - it was one of the best I'd read so far, great plot and everything, a nice twist to the way one would usually view a league champion... I don't think I ever got around to reading up 'til the latest chapter at that time, but with what little I had been able to read, I was definitely amazed at what you had written. You should get back into it, really, it's a very intriguing concept you've got there, and I say you shouldn't let it go to waste! :D

I just got my first of those two Keldeo plushies I ordered from Amazon! The Resolute form one should get here Monday. :D

I'll take a picture of my Keldeo stuff and put it in my collection thread once I get that second plushie. :3

I just got my first of those two Keldeo plushies I ordered from Amazon! The Resolute form one should get here Monday. :D

I'll take a picture of my Keldeo stuff and put it in my collection thread once I get that second plushie. :3

Congratulations! Keldeo is one of the best-designed Pokémon in Generation V, in my opinion, and plushies are great! I only have a Snivy one, and got a Pikachu for my sister.

Back
Top Bottom