• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yes, but I want another one of my fics to have a shot and I haven't updated my Zelda fic since before January 20th anyway, if I recall. xP

Also the Review Game has been silent for a week. It is Ace's fic, one of the more popular ones here from what I hear and one that I still have yet to read. The review doesn't require much. And right now with the Awards hapening it is a great way to get the word of your fic out and support it for voting.

So......haven't been here much since I've been busy with a lot of side projects and working on an original story idea I really want to write during NaNo outlines are hard DX

after looking around a bit, I'm glad to see the progress that's been going on, I'll try to catch up on some fics and nominate some if I can

You can only nominate your own work this time, actually, so you don't have to read anyone's fics. xP

You can only nominate your own work this time, actually, so you don't have to read anyone's fics. xP

Yeah, I saw that when reading up the rules right now and did a spit take :lol:

seems I won't be nominating this time around, though I do find this an interesting way to do it XP

Oh? Why not? You don't have any stories eligible for nomination?

seems I won't be nominating this time around, though I do find this an interesting way to do it XP

While you cannot nominate other people's work, we are still voting on them before the judging round, so make sure you look out for that :)

Oh? Why not? You don't have any stories eligible for nomination?
none I want to nominate since one hasn't been updated in forever and the other I'm planning on rewriting

While you cannot nominate other people's work, we are still voting on them before the judging round, so make sure you look out for that :)

got it! -adds it to list of things to watch out for-

Glad to see someone on the look out :)

Also, to elaborate on what Soulmaster said on the previous page, I think that using the Review Game during a time like this would be highly beneficial to anyone going for the Awards. Not just because you get to read an AMAZING fic (just saying :p), but it would be good to try and snag a new reader or two when it comes to the voting round.

And, as always, get your entries in :D While we're on the subject, do people prefer the idea of self nominations or the old purely public system?

Long weekend today :D Very glad for an extra day off from uni to waste around the house :p

Hrm, I'm not sure which I like better. Both have good advantages, but also big disadvantages.

Old System Pros: Shows popularity to the authors whose fics get nominated and win. They can see that non-judges really enjoyed their work. It also probably results in less participants for the judges to look over than the new system, making their job easier.

Old System Cons: Unrecognized and little-known, but potentially excellent fics get left in the dust, probably for a long time. Also, since this forum is obviously mainly comprised of Pokemon fans, there will likely never be much of a list for Best Non-Pokemon/Crossover Fic because they prefer to read Pokemon stuff and maybe also aren't familiar with the other fandoms used instead.

New System Pros: Lets unrecognized and little-known fics get a shot at an award and attention and more contenders for Best Non-Pokemon/Crossover Fic would probably be seen since the authors of these stories can nominate their own work.

New System Cons: Since we all probably want our fics to win, the same fics will likely be nominated every time until they do, resulting in similar or the same, well, results every time. The judges would also likely have a longer list of contenders to go through, making it take more time to come up with results.

So yeah, I really don't know which I prefer...

With the new system though, there is the voting round where a story/character has to get two votes before it can move on to the next round, except in the case of no one voting/not enough votes in a certain category. Hopefully this will help make for a more select list as well. The only problem I have is that some people could easily be away and not notice anything about this competition and their equally deserving fic could go entirely unnoticed.

So, if anyone here is in contact with fellow authors, make sure you tell them to get involved as well! :D

There is only one way to find out which one is the most ideal and that is through practical use. If it works, we can continue to use it in future awards.

Yeah, that's definitely true. You never know unless you try! :)

I'll probably make my decision once these awards are over.

I've independently verified AceTrainer14's submissions for the contest, so hopefully there is no shilly shallying (word of the day) in regards to the validity of his submissions.

I've independently verified AceTrainer14's submissions for the contest, so hopefully there is no shilly shallying (word of the day) in regards to the validity of his submissions.

Heh, I see. Though I wouldn't have thought AT to try anything funny. :)

Back
Top Bottom