• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Happy Birthday Flaze! And thank you Caitlin :) Love the word of the day!

So, anyone here watch Game of Thrones last night....? :'( I have read the books, I should have been prepared... but I was not...

Please no spoilers (or at least spoiler tag them), since I missed it and will be getting the DVDs the day they are available.

I really need to start watching Game of Thrones. All of my friends do.

However, I did finally FINALLY start watching Doctor Who. I'd seen some classic episodes and a few new ones on TV here and there. They were really good and my friends love Doctor Who so I decided to burn my four day weekend last weekend by watching a season or two. Frickin sweet.

It is really great, though you should try reading the books as well if you've got the time for them!

I have also become a very avid Whovian over the past few months, as I had seen a bit of Season 6 during a Christmas Day marathon and then they began replaying it from the Ninth so I got rather hooked, and then they started 'Classic Who' for the anniversary so I have an odd mix of seeing new and old simultaneously :p

And today I am officially 19 :D
Happy Birthday! :)

Also, I should probably get around to watching Game of Thrones and Doctor Who some time xD But I've got classes starting up soon so I don't want to be too distracted. Might try it out during the next [long-ish] school break, whenever that comes along.

I starting watching Doctor Who back about a year ago but I missed all of the current season. Luckily back a few days ago I found it on a site, with what I think was Italian subtitles. So I watched the past season all with Italian Subtitles :Dyeah not really :D

The most recent thing I was watching was Courage the Cowardly Dog on Netflix. One of my favorite cartoons and one of the few instances where I like something from the horror genre. Courage is just so cute and Eustace is hilarious. Muriel's obliviousness can be funny too lol. All those wacky bad guys and bad situations Courage faces are entertaining and then Courage going to his hilarious computer looking for the answers. This cartoon was pure genius!

Before this though, I was rewatching the 90s Spiderman cartoon. Best superhero cartoon EVER! Peter Parker is actually really hot in this series and the plots of each episode are awesome. I loved seeing other Marvel heroes appear for an episode or two as well, like Iron Man, Daredevil, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange, the X-Men, etc. Nick Fury also appeared a couple times (he's the S.H.I.E.L.D. guy you all might remember from the movie The Avengers, only in this cartoon, he's white instead of black and has orange and white hair. He still has the eye patch though!).

I wish they would have expanded upon the Spot though, who first earned his powers in an episode of the show (titled "The Spot"). He was a cool hero and could've definitely become Marvel's answer to DC's the Flash. Both of them have powers that involve incredible travel speed. The Spot also has one of the most unique abilities I've ever seen. He can create and control teleportation portals with his mind. With them, he can travel great distances faster than even the Flash himself, I think. It's such a powerful ability that the Spot very nearly defeated the Kingpin with it and anyone knows that Kingpin just about always has ways to fight back and gain an edge.

Last edited:
IfXtluv.jpg
This is the greatest TF2 mod ever.

Also, to elaborate on what Soulmaster said on the previous page, I think that using the Review Game during a time like this would be highly beneficial to anyone going for the Awards. Not just because you get to read an AMAZING fic (just saying :p), but it would be good to try and snag a new reader or two when it comes to the voting round.

By the way, I totally have plans to do this, but I want to finish my two-shot (or at least part 1) before I take my turn in the review game again. I plan for it to reach almost 10,000 words, but I'm only at around 2,000. I'll get it done eventually! Hopefully soon enough for it to be eligible for the awards.

I was wondering why you hadn't nominated yet! But, just like how you could edit your nominations in the previous Awards style, you can do the same with these: if you want to add or swap a nomination, just drop me another PM and I can make the changes :)

The most recent thing I was watching was Courage the Cowardly Dog on Netflix. One of my favorite cartoons and one of the few instances where I like something from the horror genre. Courage is just so cute and Eustace is hilarious. Muriel's obliviousness can be funny too lol. All those wacky bad guys and bad situations Courage faces are entertaining and then Courage going to his hilarious computer looking for the answers. This cartoon was pure genius!

Before this though, I was rewatching the 90s Spiderman cartoon. Best superhero cartoon EVER! Peter Parker is actually really hot in this series and the plots of each episode are awesome. I loved seeing other Marvel heroes appear for an episode or two as well, like Iron Man, Daredevil, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange, the X-Men, etc. Nick Fury also appeared a couple times (he's the S.H.I.E.L.D. guy you all might remember from the movie The Avengers, only in this cartoon, he's white instead of black and has orange and white hair. He still has the eye patch though!).

I wish they would have expanded upon the Spot though, who first earned his powers in an episode of the show (titled "The Spot"). He was a cool hero and could've definitely become Marvel's answer to DC's the Flash. Both of them have powers that involve incredible travel speed. The Spot also has one of the most unique abilities I've ever seen. He can create and control teleportation portals with his mind. With them, he can travel great distances faster than even the Flash himself, I think. It's such a powerful ability that the Spot very nearly defeated the Kingpin with it and anyone knows that Kingpin just about always has ways to fight back and gain an edge.
both wonderful shows, though when I watched Amazing Spiderman, I missed the finally when it aired, then each time it was on I kept missing it until a few years back when Toon Disney aired it at 6am...I spent everyday up at that time waiting to see the finale and after seeing it, I wish there had been at least one more episode DX
IfXtluv.jpg
This is the greatest TF2 mod ever.

i-is that a banjo kazooie reference or am I just obsessed?

both wonderful shows, though when I watched Amazing Spiderman, I missed the finally when it aired, then each time it was on I kept missing it until a few years back when Toon Disney aired it at 6am...I spent everyday up at that time waiting to see the finale and after seeing it, I wish there had been at least one more episode DX

Ah, I see. 90s Spiderman was supposed to have a sixth season, but for some reason, ratings went down. But I thought the whole show was brilliant! No wonder it ended in a cliffhanger though. Still, it sucked that we never got to find out where the real Mary Jane was! I would've also liked to see a show about May Parker, aka Spidergirl and Peter and Mary Jane's daughter. Or...maybe there was one, I just don't know about it. lol

The 90s series of Spider-man is what really made me a fan of Spider-man, ironically despite my fear of spiders :p. Heck, I even remembers that I collected a ton of action figurines based on the series when I was little (I think I still have them, actually). As for the cliffhanger, I personally felt that it ended where it should be. Spidey had just went through the greatest trial in his life and even met his uncle in the finale, as well as Stan Lee in the real world. Yes, the fact we didn't see them finding MJ was annoying, but overall, it was satisfying for me.

There was a loose continuation named Spider-man Unlimited, but it only lasted 13 episode since it was buried by other TV-series (Pokémon cough cough).

I loved both, Unlimited was interesting actually and I didn't actually realized it was a sort of sequel till long after xD oddly enough even though I watched it as a kid I never even realized that it had actually been 13 episodes, it felt like there were more for some reason.

I loved the 90s series, even if I didn't watch every ep and some plotlines were a bit confusing it was still great, though I felt kind of sad for how it ended up regarding Peter and MJ's status. The 90's series still falls short to the Spectacular Spiderman from a few years ago which...was just awesome to be honest, it was a bad choice to cancel that show cause it had a lot of potential, on that note I don't like Ultimate Spiderman, sure it's cool that it kind of combines Spiderman with other superheroes but it's annoying really.

Unlimited was interesting but........there were only 13 episodes o_O

Felt like so much more, and it had a very neat concept too.....

As for Spectacular, it really was awesome, especially how every episode moved the plot forwards and wasn't too predictable
spectacular spiderman spoiler
I was honestly shocked to find out Harry wasn't the green goblin, though I guess with how much they tried to push that I should have seen it coming

with regards to ultimate, I found it a little ok, if you're willing to put up with a "denser and wacker" version of it, though I found the more plot heavy episodes much better

bulbagarden's writer's workshop, where we talk about how good the spiderman shows are

Remember to get your submissions in people, I haven't had any for two days now! Also, we are having issues with judges and moderators having to pull out, so if anyone is interested in judging, I would love to have a few more back up judges hang around in case more do.

Re: The Workshop Welcome Hub!

The Fanfics Archive, simply, is where completed fics are placed once the Author has finished writing. If you need your story moved, ask in this thread and a moderator will gladly move it for you.

Considering that, should this thread be removed from the sticky threads?

It most likely will be in a few weeks as part of a bit of clean up of the sticky threads. I also moved your post here as I thought it would be better suited, as the Welcome Hub is more for general questions than suggestions.

While we are on the subject, are there any areas of the Workshop that you guys think could be improved? I am always looking for stuff to keep us busy :p

Back
Top Bottom