• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

After watching a promo video and an one-minute preview clip for an upcoming episode of Transformers Prime and having a nightmare afterwards, I can conclude that I am REALLY sensitive to ANYTHING looking even remotely like zombies, even giant robotic vampire-zombies. And here I thought my oversensitivity to horror elements couldn't go any lower...

You could still nominate for Best Reviewer and Best Newcomer :)

True, but I haven't received reviews from many people either. Gama, Legacy, Soulmaster, LightningTopaz...and I think one other person. Hardly a fair list to choose from, imo.

True, but I haven't received reviews from many people either. Gama, Legacy, Soulmaster, LightningTopaz...and I think one other person. Hardly a fair list to choose from, imo.

How so? If someone gave you an excellent review, you should try and give them the recognition they deserve, and you can nominate two people as well if you are struggling to choose between :)

@Tophat Dragoneye: I am not a big horror fan myself. A lot of people in my year at school were obsessed with horror movies and would watch even the worst, most vile pieces of cinematic garbage purely because it had a horror label on it! I don't really see the appeal at all!

How so? If someone gave you an excellent review, you should try and give them the recognition they deserve, and you can nominate two people as well if you are struggling to choose between :)

@Tophat Dragoneye: I am not a big horror fan myself. A lot of people in my year at school were obsessed with horror movies and would watch even the worst, most vile pieces of cinematic garbage purely because it had a horror label on it! I don't really see the appeal at all!

Well, Gama did give me a really excellent review for My Conquest. I guess he deserves recognition. ^^

And I'm generally not a horror fan either. There have been a couple exceptions, but they weren't really mature or anything. They're a cartoon called Courage the Cowardly Dog and a book called Bunnicula. One is a kid's show and the other I found in a middle school library. So yeah. xP

I'm not much of a horror fan as well. I mean, on some levels, they're okay - I can stand Slenderman and Transformers (though compared to others those probably aren't that horrible, I'd say), and a couple of other dark-ish stuff. Films are a bit harder, especially if it's all action-packed and just violent and stuff. That's just not how I roll; I don't think I've ever really watched a horror film in my life (just hearing my friends retell the stories are enough to give me the chills. ugh). And the ghost stories sharing time that happens way too often is rather dreadful indeed. I mean, I can sorta stand it when we're in a group and the actual storytelling is happening, but afterwards, *shudders*. It's especially terrifying when you hear all these stories set in schools or familiar places and stuff, and boy there are just LOADS of those, it's not even funny. :/

I pity the foo who never watched Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Haha, me too. Bunnicula is also a great book if you like animals and vampires. Bunnicula is a white vampire rabbit with beady red eyes. He doesn't suck blood like other vampires though, he sucks juices and basically life from vegetables, turning them white and poisonous (I think. I don't quite remember). And the family that took him in has no clue why their vegetables are turning white and uneatable. Like typical rabbits though, Bunnicula's favorite victim is carrots.

I also pity those who haven't watched the show. I loved watching it when I was little and I didn't find it frightening back then, even though it was labelled horror. Maybe it was the comedy part that outweighed it?

I wish I could vote, but with work and stuff, I hardly have time to do much reading. I don't expect any of my nominations to win anyway though. Nobody's read my stuff and people here aren't very familiar with Fire Emblem. I really just nominated my stuff to get names out there in hopes that they might interest peeps later. xP
I think that was one of the points of self nomanation
And I'm generally not a horror fan either. There have been a couple exceptions, but they weren't really mature or anything. They're a cartoon called Courage the Cowardly Dog and a book called Bunnicula. One is a kid's show and the other I found in a middle school library. So yeah. xP
best scene, trying to kill the wabbit with a steak

as for Courage, the episode with the slab freaks me out to this day o.o

and horror wise, I once read the ben creepy pasta and just seeing the pic freaks me out now o.o

I'm already starting to regret nominating myself. I know I don't cope well with losing, so why did I think it'd be a good idea? I think I've told you guys about my self-esteem issues... Unlike the last awards, this time I had the opportunity to choose not to participate, but of course dumb old me thought entering could potentially draw in some more readers. I'll stick around and see what happens... with all the good things coming up in my life, I probably won't be too upset.

Actually, Ahnyo, I'm reading Plasma's Folly right now and I am definitely liking it so far! :) I probably won't catch up anytime soon but you can pretty much be assured that it'll at least get a vote from me (whenever I get around to voting xD) in this Summer Awards. Don't put yourself down too much; you're doing great with that fic, honestly. :>

Oh, thank you. ;;
Gee, I really hope it doesn't look like I'm whining for attention... ahh, I should learn to keep my thoughts to myself sometimes.

Hey, I felt the same way you do, Ahnyo! Just keep your chin up. Winning isn't really what matters, it's getting some readers. :)

I never thought my nominated fic would get much attention regardless of the awards either (mainly because its of a fandom that isn't Pokemon), but it got a vote too! We just need to have a little more confidence. ^^

Really sad that I didn't get my fic in on time, but there's always next awards. I did vote, though.

Don't know if you forgot it or anything @NoirGrimoir;, but you can vote for two different fanfics or characters for each category. Anyway, you won't be able to contact me for the next few hours due to Microsoft E3 conference.

EDIT:I'm back and hey! I just noticed that the Writer's Workshop forum has changed its name to The Fan Fiction Fairground and the Writer's Block is now a separate forum instead of being a sub-forum!

Last edited:
When I came on today I got scared when I didn't see the writer's block o.o

the way I log in is that I go directly to the writer's workshop(fan fiction fairgrounds as its called now) so all I saw was "atlas" "archives" and the regular stuff o.o;;;

Back
Top Bottom