• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

EDIT:I'm back and hey! I just noticed that the Writer's Workshop forum has changed its name to The Fan Fiction Fairground and the Writer's Block is now a separate forum instead of being a sub-forum!

Didn't you know that the forum was getting upgraded? lol

Oh. xP

I didn't think anyone was going to watch Microsoft's. I've just heard so much negative feedback on the Xbox One.

Their conference was actually pretty good in my opinion, though they did have some sound issues with two of their trailers (and by that I mean no sound at all). The line-up of games wasn't too bad either, one of the games being Killer Instincts, a sequel to a N64 title with the same name for example. But the revealed price was quite high in my opinion (which will only get higher here in Denmark due to taxes...), so if the various things regarding the Xbox One I've heard wasn't a deal breaker, then the price certainly is. Surprisingly however, they did show some 360 games at the beginning, along with a slim version of the said console.

Oh, I see. Neither Microsoft nor Sony has made much that ever appealed to me though, so I've only been following Nintendo lately.

I mostly got a PS3 in the first place for Final Fanatasy 13 Versus...which to my knowledge, still hasn't come out.

I get home and then bam, the revamp's happened. XD Still feels a bit different, but I guess that's just cos I haven't exactly gotten over my shock just yet. XD Gave me a bit of a jolt when I was looking through the Summar Awards voting thread (cos I got a mention xD) and then scrolling back up to see the name "The FanFiction Fairground". I was like, "Wait what."

You know, although I don't follow Sony or Microsoft much anymore, I would like to buy a PS1. The reason is the Stuart Little 2 game, which was only released on that console. I loved the movie and I had gotten the game as a birthday present or something a long time ago. But we only had a PS2 and I never was able to get the correct kind of memory card needed to save PS1 files on a PS2. So, I never got to beat it or even save my game at all. DX

But it was excellent for a movie video game! It doesn't actually follow the plot of the movie, but instead, it takes an idea that DID happen in it: Falcon, the antagonist, forcing Margelo to steal jewelry. Margelo is the yellow canary Stuart befriends in the movie. In the game, she asks his help to retrieve all the jewelry (which are rings) and return it to their owners. There are seven areas to find rings in, and each has...five or six rings, maybe seven. I can't remember. You have to collect a certain number of rings to advance to each area. The idea of the rings is based on the fact that it was a ring that Margelo was forced to steal from Stuart's mom in the movie.

At first, the game seems easy, but you soon find that there are some really difficult challenges that must be completed in order to obtain every ring. Snowbell, the cat, can also find a ring in each area, but you have to find 100 cat treats and bring them to his cat bowl (I think it's 100 anyway. It's been years since I last played this game). Of course, Falcon is in the last area and is the final challenge. But the gameplay was really fun and so was exploring places from a mouse's point of view! Some of the mini-games you have to play to earn rings are neat as well, but also so dang hard at times. xP

In only three minutes the Nintendo Direct will begin. So what kinds of games can we expect? :)

EDIT: OK, Fairy Type has just been confirmed for Pokémon X and Y!

Last edited:
^SAY WHUT??? XD

Okay, well, interesting. Can't wait to see 'mons from the previous generations get their types altered, if ever they decide to do that (I mean, I think they kinda have to for a few of them so that we'd have a good number of Fairy-type Pokemon).

Oh. The revamp happened quicker than I thought it would. For some reason I had it in my mind that it would occur with the release of X&Y. Maybe that's something else that's happening then...

I thought Noivern was based on a wyvern (as well as a bat). xP Its name DOES seem to be a combination of "noir" (the French word for black) and "wyvern" too. A wyvern is a kind of dragon too. It's used as a mount in Fire Emblem games as well.

I also like how Vivillion has a secret in the pattern on its wings! I'd love to find out what it is!

I cannot believe the amount of information that has already been released, and the Pokemon only conference has not even started yet! The Fruitbat Pokemon looks a bit random, and I find it a bit hard to swallow imagining Jigglypuff being able to take down Dragonite, but the other stuff looks pretty intense so far! I really want to see what those Sky Battles involve.

Also, as I believe Soulmaster is busy in real life, I will make a call for the Review Game: it has been a week since Kyuuketsuki posted his request, so if someone would like to read his story The Passage, which is only ONE chapter long, I am sure it would be appreciated :) And, as there are still a few days left until the voting closes, it would be a good way to get some more interested parties invested in your story or characters!!!!

I find it a bit hard to swallow imagining Jigglypuff being able to take down Dragonite

Yes, it's much easier to imagine a Vanillish taking down a Dragonite.

I keep meaning to post in the Review Game but exams and writing and music and bleh. Not to mention, every time I say that I'm going to do it someone else beats me to it. Let's see if that holds...

Back
Top Bottom