• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Not trying to distract from awards or Game of Thrones, but I have a quick announcement.

So I realize that post counts don't really mean anything, but given that I have at most 50-60 posts on BMGf somewhere other than what is now called the Written Word or Fiction Fairground, I think it's pretty cool that I'm nearing 1000. I mentioned a little while back that to celebrate this largely meaningless occasion I was thinking of doing a review spree. After some thought I decided that I definitely want to do one. So here's the plan:

Post #949 will be in this thread letting everyone know I'm starting and what the dealio is. I will then read and review the first 50 fics in the Fairground over the course of however long as it takes. The reviews themselves will be proportional to the length of the fic (or at least, how much of it I haven't reviewed before). Anything more than some arbitrary amount of chapters will get one of my full-on page long reviews that I haven't done in a while. Then post #1000 will be an Unpredictable update because that silly story is what made me come to this wonderful forum in the first place.

I'll hope/try to get it all done in a month from the starting date, kind of a NaNoWriMo of reviews that I hope some of you will also consider setting goals for. I realize that this probably won't happen for another few weeks at least, but I thought I'd bring it up and see if you all had any thoughts or suggestions.

Here's hoping schoolwork doesn't get any worse.

EDIT: Something I meant to say: If I owe any of you reviews, I've kind of been putting them off for this. Not trying to cop out or anything, it's just that the first 50 means the first two pages. That means that I'd probably end up writing reviews that one-time inactive authors never see. I want to avoid that.

Last edited:
I wish I could like that post a bunch of times, cause I absolutely LOVE what you are doing! I think that is a grand idea, and reaching a thousand posts is something worth celebrating if its something you care about! I think this is fantastic and I highly commend you for being willing to do something this fantastic and this supportive of the community! Best of wishes, and I hope that other people follow your lead :)

I'm sure I'll get to those, LT. Fifty is a lot. The first two pages go about two months back. Looking forward to it!

That goes to everyone who wants to get a review. If you update within the next few weeks I can almost guarantee that you'll be on there.

I'm glad that you guys think this is a good idea.

We are in need of a few extra judges, just two or three to help with some smaller categories and judging the characters that moved on without their stories. If anyone would mind doing a day's reading to help us out, please PM me immediately!!

Hey, guys! I haven't been here in awhile (just never had a reason to, plus the holiday season kept me busy and my laptop quit working right in December, so I had to send it in to Dell for repairs). But I'm back, and hopefully I won't just randomly disappear again. xP

I suppose the number of threads I felt like posting in decreased over time. :p And I wasn't able to update any of my fics here. I've got a chapter to post now though! I'm afraid that Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness is going to be left hanging a while longer, however, because my co-author and I just couldn't seem to figure some things out this time for some reason. And I'm still having writer's block on Zelda: The Ancient Power. But I assure you, I'm not going to abandon either of these two. :)

Good to see you back Kelleo, I was wondering what happened to you.

Yeah, I figured some of you all had been wondering that. :p

But no worries, I'm fine! lol

So I was looking around the fairground and noticed "Turning Over a New Leaf", a mature "Human x Pokemon" story. It has 74,000 views. I never realized how popular that sort of thing is...

So I was looking around the fairground and noticed "Turning Over a New Leaf", a mature "Human x Pokemon" story. It has 74,000 views. I never realized how popular that sort of thing is...

I know, right? Two chapters of one smut fic gets tens of thousands of views. Makes me wonder how many views I would have got if I'd had written The Long Walk as a smut fic.

In other news, more Storm Island and some rise by sin, hurrah!

I saw that too! I looked at comparison and 8ES with its nearly 100 chapters and multiple pages has about 25K, while that has about ten posts. It is surprising what a bit of shipping/smut will do to your story - imagine if I had done 8ES as some Alaska/Sandy slash fic from the very beginning....

I was wondering when we'd have another lemon conversation. It's been too long.

I mean we've all written something in regards to must and such right...right?

Nope; I have written shipping before, but I have never once written smut for the sake of smut. I think there is about one sex scene in all of the Galacticverse, and it lasts about a sentencde...

Hate to throw you guys off of your "interesting" topic haha, but I have a quick question.

How do you guys go about writing an outline for your story, if you do. I am going to have about 7 hours of uninterrupted writing tomorrow(besides about 45mins for lunch) and I want to get some serious writing done.

I have an idea for a fic in my head and wanna start writing, but without a decent outline, my writing is just smudges on paper. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom