• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I pretty much only watch it because of Happy. Jk.

Yeah it's a cool anime.

@Pavell: If you did want to read it, you could request a review for another story that you think is deserving of something. Not saying you had to, but you don't have to make it your story that gets the review :)

Just a reminder for people to vote! There are a few days left to do so and it would be great if we could have a lot of people in there casting votes and get some really deserving winners!

I cannot believe we have not touched on this already, but has anyone been following Twitch Plays?

Oh god, please no. This topic has been the only place on the entire internet where I've been able to escape the stupidity generated by that stream.

That is why I brought it up, as I was surprised to see that no one here had mentioned it. I like the idea and find some of the stuff funny, but I do think if I was actually taking part in it I probably would have thrown my computer away after five hours of having idiots control my game.

I think Twitch Plays Pokemon is great. It's funny to watch and read about, and I'm glad that Pokemon is once again deeply ingraining itself in pop culture. It's helping some people (re)discover Pokemon, which I'm all for. If you don't like it, then at least it will be over in a week or so, and will probably be mostly forgotten not long after. On the other hand, it is a unique idea that might catch on (collaborative gaming, that is). I'd rather play the game myself, too, but none of my playthrough's will match TPP's silliness. If you harbor an intense hatred of inside-joke memes then I can understand not liking it, but then... welcome to the internet! If you watch/read Game of Thrones or play League of Legends then you ARE NOT allowed to complain about not being interested in something that is popular

Most of all, it's a fascinating social experiment. Over the past couple weeks, TPP has undeniably proved that people who actually care about things on the internet vastly outnumber the trolls. And that is an encouraging thought.

I just dislike how some sections of the online community have taken the joke about it being religious so far. I'm fully expecting 2004-Iraq War levels of sectarian violence because of it.

Can't really blame you for that, Caitlin. While I think the experiment in itself is great, the memes and jokes are starting to get tiresome for me.

They will fizzle out like Aether said within a few months. People can only force jokes for so long before people get tired of them, and this is the internet after all; something else will come along sooner or later that will eclipse it.

I wish I could believe that, but let's remember that Rickrolling is still a thing after almost six, maybe more years.

Anyone wanna give me the cliffs notes version of what twitch plays Pokemon is?

@Legacy: If you go to dorkly.com , they have a Complete Guide to Twitch Plays Pokemon that should hopefully be on the front page, or you could try googling dorkly.com and that. I would provide you with a link but my computer is in a bit of a tempermental state at the mo so it wouldn't like me for trying to find it :p

Tophat's lesson on Exposition is now up if people have not seen, pretty good advice there and some great links :D And remember Scholar's story is still in the Review Game.

Speaking of writing academy articles, I had come up with an idea for one not long before I disappeared, but I can't remember what it was! Ugh. >_<

Last edited:
Well, my computer isn't working, so it looks like I won't be able to work on my book this weekend like I'd planned. Shame. At least I've managed four chapters and 75 pages so far. Not bad, all things considered.

Aw, that sucks. :(

I had to send my laptop in for repairs myself back in December because it stopped working properly, so I know how you feel.

On another note, I found the post where I talked about that article idea I had for the academy! It was character design, and I still like that, so any time the next lesson is open, AT, feel free to hit me up. ^^

Back
Top Bottom