• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

It's easier to do than Ivysaur, at least, which would be my cosplay of choice. I don't know how you'd even start making the flower, never mind where you'd wear it ...

I don't know how much you'd want to get into it, but here's a video I came across ages ago on how to make a Bulbasaur backpack by a somewhat drunk and fabulously gay man: How to Make a Bulbasaur Backpack - Crafting With Cocktails (2.23) - YouTube

I'm astonished he managed to make anything the way he was drinking. As for myself, well, I'm more familiar with wood and resin and plaster rather than fabric. I'd ask my sister for help, but pulling her teeth would be easier.

What happened to your countdown to 1000 posts, Aether?

But yeah, cosplay can get ridiculously expensive if you do something creative like... Skeletor or something.

Oh, funny you should mention him! I recently finished watching the 2002 He-Man cartoon! It kinda reminded me of Inspector Gadget the way characters recited lessons at the end of every episode lol (Gadget does the same thing at the end of every episode of his show). I watched it because I remembered seeing a little bit of the old 80s cartoon. I'm glad they gave Adam/He-Man a better haircut this time around lol.

It's surprising that I enjoyed this show so much, because I normally don't like the idea of medieval themes mixing with futuristic technology. But He-Man actually blended the two very well! Their technology was futuristic, but it was still unlike ours. They used blaster guns and machine weapons in addition to swords and staves and clubs and whatnot. Heck, one of the members of the Masters of the Universe is a full-blown robot named Roboto. And characters such as Mekaneck and Man-E-Faces had robotic parts.

Also, Orko is my favorite character. He's such an adorkable little wizard. XD

The only thing I don't like about the show is that it felt incomplete. For example, it eventually starts building up for the moment where Teela finds out about her origins, but this event in question never actually happens. Either that, or Netflix didn't put up every episode... Ah well, Teela was kinda lame anyway lol. I liked the other characters more. They were all memorable to some extent though, I can still name most of the cast!

Masters of the Universe: Prince Adam/He-Man, Duncan/Man-At-Arms, Teela, Mekaneck, Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, Stratos, Buzz-Off, Roboto, Cyclone (he joins in season 2), Orko (sorta)

Evil Warriors: Keldor/Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Tri-Klops, Beast Man, Whiplash, that guy with the metal jaw (I always forget his name xP), the sea dude (I never remember his name either), Odiphus/Stinkor (he joins later), Two-Bad (they join later too)

Other Good Guys: Sorceress, King Randor, Moss Man, Zodak, the queen (I forgot her name too lol), King Grayskull,

Other Bad Guys: King Hsss, Evil Seed, the three giants (I don't think they were given names), the Count guy (his name I forgot too ugh), the spider guy

There were some other minor characters too, but they were either unnamed or had too few appearances for me to remember their names. :p

I do hope other people latch on to the idea, it has been great to see so many reviews get done over the past week post-Awards, as well as that we have had three updates to the Review Game within only about two days! Let's try and keep the ball rolling :D

Anyone still keeping up with Twitch?

I feel bad that I haven't reviewed anyone in ages, but this will help me get my ass in gear. Not to mention it will also hopefully force me to update Unpredictable twice withing a reasonable time span. That review game turnaround kind of blew my mind.

I haven't watched TPP since they beat Red version. I have no time for fun... (but I get on Bulba anyway).

I have been pretty awful with reviewing myself. It is difficult having so many fics to juggle at once plus uni work again that I don't really find the time outside of Awards. I am hoping that once I finish Dawn of Darkness, which roughly has about eight chapters left, then I will be able to have some more time. And 8ES could potentially be finished at the end of the year if I actually focus, but somehow I largely doubt that...

TPP beat Crystal last night, including defeating Red from the original Twitch which I thought was a nice addition. It would be cool if they could find other ways to bring in these references to keep it fun.

Reviewing people's fics on here shouldn't be a chore. It's fun! Lots of great stories on here related to subject matter we all obviously love.

Reading is the fun part. Writing a useful review can sometimes be a bit of a chore depending on the fic. It's worth it in the end, though, not to mention it's just the nice thing to do if you've read the fic anyway.

I actually quite like writing reviews.

Reviewing should indeed be fun, but I like to try and read and review something now and then which I wouldn't usually do, particularly if it's by a new author. We're all new authors at some point after all - if we don't review each other no-one will

I guess since I stalk hang out around the Writer's Workshop most of the time I should poke my head in here. I mean, I guess I'm an author... maybe? xD

So, what's up? How goes life?

I kinda have to so I can update it on the Facebook page. I literally stayed up all night to see them beat Red, which was around 7am my time. It was totally worth it, though, and at least I had Ryuu with me.

Much as I hate to, I think I'm gonna have to declare Heart of Crystal legally dead. Cause of death: Whitney's motherfucking gym battle Lack of motivation. I have started another fic, but it's not pokémon related, so there's no point in posting it here. I also got caught up for like two weeks doing writing samples because I've actually sent in an application to Nintendo of America for a Localization position, so that took me freaking forever to come up with something, and then I spent at least four or five days polishing it up. It kinda sucks that, much as I've tried not to, it seems like I've already put all my emotional eggs into one basket, so to speak, and that's interfering with my ability to go out and look for other positions. Not that there's a hell of a lot out there...I'm pretty sure I've exhausted just about every possibility that I'm qualified for, and I STILL haven't found anything.

I kinda have to so I can update it on the Facebook page. I literally stayed up all night to see them beat Red, which was around 7am my time. It was totally worth it, though, and at least I had Ryuu with me.

Much as I hate to, I think I'm gonna have to declare Heart of Crystal legally dead. Cause of death: Whitney's motherfucking gym battle Lack of motivation. I have started another fic, but it's not pokémon related, so there's no point in posting it here. I also got caught up for like two weeks doing writing samples because I've actually sent in an application to Nintendo of America for a Localization position, so that took me freaking forever to come up with something, and then I spent at least four or five days polishing it up. It kinda sucks that, much as I've tried not to, it seems like I've already put all my emotional eggs into one basket, so to speak, and that's interfering with my ability to go out and look for other positions. Not that there's a hell of a lot out there...I'm pretty sure I've exhausted just about every possibility that I'm qualified for, and I STILL haven't found anything.

Sad to hear that HoC is dead; I did enjoy what I had read of it and looked forward to seeing it updated in the future. Even though we do not have a strong non-Pokemon community, it is still nice to see some stories here that aren't Pokemon for some variety :) Good luck with the job, that sounds quite cool :)

Sad to hear that HoC is dead; I did enjoy what I had read of it and looked forward to seeing it updated in the future. Even though we do not have a strong non-Pokemon community, it is still nice to see some stories here that aren't Pokemon for some variety :) Good luck with the job, that sounds quite cool :)

I'm not exactly thrilled about declaring it dead, but it's better than leaving it a zombie. It's not like I was ever going to get around to figuring out that damned Whitney battle anyway, and even if I could, getting a job is kind of needing to take precedence right now, even if that's not going any better.

So, today is Saint Patrick's Day and I'm starting to question what the big deal is regarding it. I don't even know who Saint Patrick is, other than some Irish guy who supposedly drove all of the snakes on the island to extinction (citation needed? I bet there are still snakes there). I doubt a majority of the people who celebrate it are aware either, and I'm betting it's only a major deal to people because it's a hollow reason to get drunk off their asses.

As much as I love Ireland, I also want to see a day that recognizes Scottish heritage and culture to reach today's level of popularity. Complete with a nationally televised caber tossing event to the tune of bagpipes. :p

Part of me keeps fighting over whether or not to take another stab at son of earth. I still have all the ideas an notes but none of the time. But I also kinda want to just finish telling the story.

If I'm honest, I see St Patrick's Day mostly as an excuse to go get hammered. Between that and the American habit of clinging on long-dead ethnic origins, that explains St Patrick's Day.

I'm no hypocrite in this, by the way. I have Indian and Jamaican blood from my mother's side but you don't catch me converting to Rastafarianism and forming a personal opinion on Pakistan

Now-a-days St. Patty's day is pretty much just an excuse to get drunk and be an idiot, at least here in the States. >_>

It used to be a day celebrating the actual person, St. Patrick, who spread Christianity to the then-pagan Irish and converted thousands of people. At least, that's how I remember it, anyways. I think it was originally a feast-day in honor of St. Patrick that celebrated Irish culture, and then somewhere down the line it just turned into 4/20 for alcoholics. :/

I would like to be a personal representative for the U.S. here and apologize on behalf of all of my ignorant countrymen who use today as an excuse to act like a fool. I'm sorry. We're not all idiots, I swear. xD

Im American too but i will admit that 90% of the people here are stupid. Also, I know plenty of people that use st patricks as an excuse to drink. And easter. And christmas. And halloween. And all the rest of em xD

Back
Top Bottom