• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Four years on and the best you can throw at me is still crude innuendo?

I'm admittedly not on my a-game right now. I just got done dealing with some assholes on the facebook and resisting the urge to beat them in the face with a frying pan straight off the stovetop.

Four years on and the best you can throw at me is still crude innuendo?

I'm admittedly not on my a-game right now. I just got done dealing with some assholes on the facebook and resisting the urge to beat them in the face with a frying pan straight off the stovetop.
Beat away, my friend. Beat away.

I will follow up the lesson a bit later in the month, just as we still have Jabber's aforementioned one to post for this month so there is no rush at the moment, but it does look as though we will be branching out into that category.

I'm about to turn 24 at the end of the month, and Beausoleil is even younger than I am. He and I aren't actually very old, relatively speaking, but we've just been on the forums for a pretty long time.

I was 13 when I first joined (and 14 when I got modded), and currently I'm 18. I'll be 19 in September.

It is good to see a lot more people seem to be writing lately. TRhe front page seems to have several new stories or updated ones every day now so that is very good to see. Hopefully this means we will be getting a lot of entries in the Awards next month!

I can't wait for awards next month. I was wondering if there has ever been an award for One Shots? If not could there be for the future? Maybe we could get more people to try the weekly prompt thread.

I can't wait for awards next month. I was wondering if there has ever been an award for One Shots? If not could there be for the future? Maybe we could get more people to try the weekly prompt thread.

We are not splitting the Awards up by length; I was going to discuss this later on, but since the issue has been raised now I might as well say it. Length does not really have any affect on the Awards despite what some people think, as in the past we have had one shots or shorter chapter fics win against much longer stories, so we have decided to keep the current method of splitting things by genre and story type instead of by length. If your one shot can tell just as great of a story as a 20 chapter story then it is worthing of an award, but I think it is best if we judge stories based on quality not on their word count.

We are not splitting the Awards up by length; I was going to discuss this later on, but since the issue has been raised now I might as well say it. Length does not really have any affect on the Awards despite what some people think, as in the past we have had one shots or shorter chapter fics win against much longer stories, so we have decided to keep the current method of splitting things by genre and story type instead of by length. If your one shot can tell just as great of a story as a 20 chapter story then it is worthing of an award, but I think it is best if we judge stories based on quality not on their word count.

I never thought of it that way actually. Although I wasn't really going by word count or length per say. I mean the one shot I posted last night has nothing to do with my main story that I have. I'm not sure how many people really post one shots or if it's just one of those once in awhile type deals.

Back
Top Bottom