• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I know you weren't necessarily meaning length, but one shots generally are shorter than the main multi-chapter stories we get on here so it would be segregating things by length in the end. I don't think we do really get a lot of one shots all of the time, I think most people generally post chapter stories - at the moment though they seem to be quite popular.

Hey guys! I recently got back from a trip to Florida to visit my dad, so I'm ready to get back to more writing! :)

Unfortunately, FE: Dawn of Darkness is still waiting for my co-author to finish looking at the current chapter. But on the flipside, I've picked Zelda: The Ancient Power back up, though it's still going slow, and the next chapter of Super Luigi is progressing very nicely!

Also, to the person asking about user ages: I turn 23 in two days. ^^

Just so people are aware, we have updated a rule, and for once it has nothing to do with first chapters! Rule 11 about using the Archives has been changed, so please go and have a read especially if one of your stories has finished or is close to finishing, or if you have posted a one shot recently

Sigh, ninth day off in a row. When I took this job, I thought I'd... ya know, be working, not sitting around bored out of my skull. Days off should be a treat, now I dread them. ;_;

Be glad that you have a job, AC. Don't mean to be that guy, but you know, some of us have days off all the time. And a lovely rejection e-mail to wake up to.

EDIT: that wasn't meant to sound so sour, sorry. I mean, try and see it as a good thing

Be glad that you have a job, AC. Don't mean to be that guy, but you know, some of us have days off all the time. And a lovely rejection e-mail to wake up to.

EDIT: that wasn't meant to sound so sour, sorry. I mean, try and see it as a good thing

Seconded, with a complete helping of bitterness. I'll take a job I hate over one more minute of unemployment any day...

The grass may be greener on the other side, but you still have to mow it.

Will I get paid for mowing it?

Seriously, that's all I care about right now. I need a reliable, long-term source of income, and as long as it's legal I'm starting to not be too terribly picky about how I earn it.

Has anyone ever looked at their story notes and wondered "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I've got the most cryptic notation to myself here: "Something about pretending to be a custom isahble for a price"

Granted, I had been awake for the best part of 48 hours when I wrote that. I think I was making fun of Starbucks at the time but I'm really not sure

None of my notes really make sense now, largely cause a lot of them were written years ago and looking back now I have completely changed the plot without really intending to but it just ended up working better that way. I look at these notes now and just think "Ewww, seriously? That would have made an awful storyline!" I tend to stick more closely to my notes for Galactic and First Warriors, but 8ES has changed quite drastically

People seem to have misunderstood me. It's not like I don't want this job...

When I was hired, I was told that I'd be working part time. To me, that was better than nothing, cause I had been searching for the better part of five years, watching all of the things I would have gotten for free as a child pass by because I couldn't afford it. Then, on my first day, my manager asked me how old I am (I guess they didn't look at that when they hired), and when I told them that I was the only employee there not still in high school or college, they bumped me up to full time. They told me they'd bring me in, rain or sunshine, for training so that I could be groomed for a leadership position, since I'm more likely to stick around. Since then, I've only worked 8 days, and I was hired three weeks ago.

And just today, I learn that I'm off even more until at least Saturday, and the weather is perfectly fine this week (while the weather is looking horrible for the weekend)! This is absolutely asinine, and I could never hope to support myself with something like this. I was hired to work, with promises that I would be working more than my co-workers. Instead, I'm sitting at home with nothing to do, nowhere to go and nobody in my life to talk to because I don't know if I'm working or not until 10 minutes before I leave. I can't make plans, I can't afford to go anywhere or do anything because I'm not getting paid.

That is my gripe.

Has anyone ever looked at their story notes and wondered "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I've got the most cryptic notation to myself here: "Something about pretending to be a custom isahble for a price"
The very first plot Caitlin and I had come up with for Storm Island was a stereotypical 8 badge trip through Hoenn, but with Team Rocket instead, before we hammered out everything we have today. When I look back at those notes, they're quite embarrassing, as they look like they were written by a preteen, and half of them don't even make sense.

"here is where the main character awakens the regi trio who combine into regigas and goes on a rampage through town"

Not even joking. I can't even find a reference to what town this "Regigas" would destroy, nor does that particular plot point even make sense. I'm sure there are other nonsensical gems in here, but I can't bring myself to witness the horror of our bad writing. :p

Last edited:
Jobs are like men. They are awful. Lol jk. Jobs are necessary evil unless you find something you love to do! Best of luck, girl!

Nobody remembered my birthday? Well, not a surprise really, I'm hardly here anymore. :p

I just haven't found a reason to post anywhere in Bulbagarden except in this section every now and then...

EDIT: Oh, I just hit 3000 posts! Sweet. ^^

Happy Birthday and congrats on 3,000 posts!

Make it worthwhile!!
icon7.png

Congrats! Your remaining time on the planet has decreased a full 365 days since your last annual celebration and you have decided that the most productive use of at least dozens of hours of irretrievable time was to make literally three thousand posts on a Pokemon forum!

Back
Top Bottom