• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Meh. I was hoping to get a chapter or two out before the awards came. Looks like I only achieved one. Don't think my story is good enough to compete, though I'll just have to see.

I'll have to start thinking about who'll I'll nominate !!

@AC-Prescott: It can be a hassle if we have a lot of stories and not enough judges to go around, cause then we have to spend a while trying to sort out solutions and make our lovely volunteers read a lot more than we originally promised them. However, we have a decent number of judges this time, so I think any increase in entries will be perfectly manageable.
@Legacy @Jabberwocky: Rules for nominating will be published at the time the Awards begin. We don't have them up permanently as the rules are apt to change between Awards if there have been issues , and our Rulebook is rather overstuffed as it is. Also, I don't really want people to be worrying about the Awards when its not awards season: it would be better if people just wrote and did not fret about if their latest chapter is better than other stories.
But yes, you can nominate your own stuff now, and people with long stories submit Recommended Chapters to help judges if your story is say 89 chapters like Eight Easy Steps.

I'm alive, I pinky promise.

*proceeds to contribute nothing to the conversation; flies away*

No you are not! you are an impostor1

no i am impostor2 but how did you know

To start, I don't think the real kintsugi can fly.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Although, rudimentary research reveals that I inadvertently named myself after a genus of slugs. Who still can't fly. Go me.

The real secret behind Area 51.

And Flaze is right; I guess I've been a bit sluggish as of late but there's no need to be so slimy in telling me about it D:

Can I conscript request somebody for giving a R&R to a Pokemon story I wrote back for my 2012 Nanowrimo? I know that if I just post it (like I did before) then virtually nobody will give any -- no offense (I know forums are just like that). Story is this:

Explorers of Memory
- Unedited first draft, English, 70k (approximately 40 chapters)

A loose adaptation of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. Arlio is found washed up on a beach with no memory of how he got there or who he's supposed to be -- though one thing is certain: He's not supposed to be a Pokemon! He soon becomes entangled in the business of a local Pokemon guild....

Content disclaimers: "Teen" rated for violence and nudity references. Some of the fights are life-and-death and characters do get injured; and the main character is occasionally cognizant of the fact that (due to being a Pokemon) he's not wearing any pants.

The only 'job requirement' is you need to be able to read about 2-3000 words (average chapter length) in a sitting. Beyond that, you can go at your own pace -- I'm not in a hurry, I just want to see the story get some feedback.

Not far off finishing Chapter Eleven of The Long Walk. I had hoped to have it finished by now, but it's proven more difficult to get right than I expected
That often happens with my writing, but for some reason Astrea has been able to roll out of me surprisingly smoothly. I guess I've found my groove (now watch that be jinxed now I've said that :p).

Back
Top Bottom