• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

To finish or not to finish the next 'chapter' of Poison Touch? If I don't get it done tonight, I won't get it done until the weekend. Sigh... Don't think I'll stand a chance in the awards, though, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Should probably just do it anyways. :/

You have until the end of the nomination period to update stories for those chapters to count in the Awards, that has always been the policy. As long as your story has been updated since February the somethingth (9th, I believe), you can still enter, but if you post a chapter after the 8th of June than it won't be taken into consideration by the judges.

And if AT is me @Lugion than I appreciate having at least one reader out there

I will at least have Dawn of Darkness finished by September at the latest, and I think I will be able to get Alaska to Fuchsia by the end of the year. All I know is Im not starting any new Pokemon stories until her tale is complete; it has been far too long.

My Dawn of Darkness won't be finished for a good while yet. lol It still only has 33 chapters, and is slated to have 50-55 when it's finished. And that's not counting the bonus chapters I plan to add after the epilogue. lol

Also, I've got a new fic planned that I'd like to post here, peeps! :) It'll be for a fandom I haven't written for yet too! Smash Bros.! It'll be a oneshot. Here's a short synopsis of it:

After many uncertainties of his return, Ike finally shows up at the Smash Castle to announce that he's back and he's looking forward to a warm welcome from his fellow Smashers. But the reactions of his old friends end up not quite being what he expected.

Well? Is this an awesome idea or is this an awesome idea? Ike got the most drastic design update of any character, so imagine how everyone would react! lol

*sigh* I've been saying this for days now, but Chapter Eleven really is nearly finished now. I've been discovering the paradox of having scenes planned out far in advance - on the one hand there's a lot of groundwork and scraps of dialogue ready, but on the other finally writing them out kinda feels like an umpteenth rewrite. I hope it doesn't read as reheated as it feels to me.

As a small teaser to anyone who cares to care, Chapter Eleven is titled Forging a Friendship. In this chapter, as our heroes set off upriver on their journey to Violet City, a route that takes them to the town of Arborville on the southern marches of the Ilex Forest area

Me, I'm debating whether to have another When Harry Met Sally reference in the next Astrea beyond the title. Maybe something like "it's impossible for Trainers to be friends because battling will always get in the way..."

Me, I'm debating whether to have another When Harry Met Sally reference in the next Astrea beyond the title. Maybe something like "it's impossible for Trainers to be friends because battling will always get in the way..."

Incidentally, it appears there is a remake of When Harry Met Sally in which Daniel Radcliff stars. They renamed the character though. It would have been weird to have Radcliff playing another character named Harry.

Incidentally, it appears there is a remake of When Harry Met Sally in which Daniel Radcliff stars. They renamed the character though. It would have been weird to have Radcliff playing another character named Harry.

this must be stopped

I don't see why an actor can't play more than one character of the same name. Charlie Sheen played two characters named Charlie (Charlie in the show Two and a Half Men and Charlie Barken from the All Dogs Go to Heaven movies). And his REAL name is Charlie. xP

Anyway, nobody likes my Smash Bros. story idea? Well, I want to put it in the Review Game anyway once I get it up. :p

Kelleo, if you want to share ideas than the better place to go is General Writing Questions and get some feedback there.

In just over 24 hours the Awards shall begin with the posting of the nomination thread! Get ready people, its going to be a big one!

Oh, I thought that was only for getting help in writing. My bad...

I really need to finish the latest chapter of Flames of a Revolutionary, though having just started playing World of Warcraft once more is slowing that down XD. And with Mario Kart 8 into the mix... oh boy.

I bet some of my readers are eager to see how Roger's rematch with Brock is going to end up, with Equality and everything mixed into this as well. I'll really try to finish it as soon as possible.

Speaking of Mario Kart 8, I'm currently testing the possibility of uploading a highlights of a race (or the whole lot) to Youtube. But um... uploading speed is really slow for me. *Briefly looks at the amount of time left* It has stopped at 47 minutes left, with only 24% uploaded so far (I hate slow Internet).

Back
Top Bottom