• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Well, I probably won't have the time free to write it till around late July, between the Awards, Britain, and El Salvador.

Schwwoooooops, my use of epithets (my good man/my good sir) has quite successfully messed up the intent of what I was trying to say, and looking back on my old post, I clearly made it sound like I thought Snape was "the good man" instead of "the good man" (wow there's such a difference there that I can taste it)
...anyway, that ship has burned, so I'm just going to leave this here as testament to my typing ability

I might be available to do an academy lesson at some point? Not sure on what, but I'm kind of limited in my scope.

I just realized I've had an idea for an article for ages but haven't written one since the Reviews article (which was actually the first non-mod written article, contributing many inches to my e-peen). It has been delegated to the growing list of "I'll have time to do these things once summer starts, but probably not."

I might be available to do an academy lesson at some point? Not sure on what, but I'm kind of limited in my scope.

Just play off of whatever your strengths are as a writer.

Lesson Twenty: On Flying Slugs and the Use of Epithets

Man, writer's block is...well. This isn't so much writer's block as it is running myself a bit dry, in a way that I swear is unique to me and me alone among us all. So!! To mitigate that and to extend the olive branch of interactivity: Who wants to contribute a line to my fic? Anyone and everyone can do it! The more, the merrier.

Concept is - you're in a crowd and you just heard something mindblowing and scandalous about someone. Said something may or may not be something you absolutely despise (your choice). What's your reaction?

Concept is - you're in a crowd and you just heard something mindblowing and scandalous about someone. Said something may or may not be something you absolutely despise (your choice). What's your reaction?

In all honesty, it would be the same as my response to almost everything: silence, and a subtle look of condescending bemusement. Sorry, I'm not very exciting.

In all honesty, it would be the same as my response to almost everything: silence, and a subtle look of condescending bemusement. Sorry, I'm not very exciting.

Feel free to invent a character/personality for this exercise~

Myself, I usually just go with the old look of shock followed by a "holy shit."

ard something mindblowing and scandalous about someone. Said something may or may not be something you absolutely despise (your choice). What's your reaction?

"Christ on a cracker" in the most disgusted voice possible.

Awards voting starts in just a couple of days! GET HYPE

Last edited:
Man, I wish I had the time to sit down and write. That moment when you have a lot of fun things planned but never has time to actually start things off.

By the way, the girl in my avatar is one of the characters in my fanfic. It's one way to remind myself that I need to write, I guess =P

Yeah, writing is definitely a time-consuming activity, but it is therapeutic to me in a way. Helps me unwind from the day, I find.

Sorry for the absence, guys. I just started my new job, and I've spent most of the time either working or sleeping. I'm not gonna be able to get on as often, and I'm definitely not gonna be able to help with the lesson. Sorry.

Once I settle in to my schedule I should have more free time, but I was training a lot last week and my regular shift is Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights. I should actually probably be asleep now, but I just can't seem to get to sleep, and also Coro Coro just leaked.

@AceTrainer14; If needed, I can write my article for this month. I don't think it will take me more than a day or two to get it done, and I have a lot of free time to work on it.

@AceTrainer14; If needed, I can write my article for this month. I don't think it will take me more than a day or two to get it done, and I have a lot of free time to work on it.

The poetry one, right? If you are willing to than I am happy to oblige :) Just send me a lesson plan and we can get underway!

In fifteen-ish minutes the nominations close, and in an hour the voting shall begin! :d

Also, what are peoples thoughts on the new mega evolutions? I have to see, Mega Diancie.... really? Of all the Pokemon they could have done, they choose that thing first?

Back
Top Bottom