• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Texas is nothing compared to New York summers. While we may be further north, we have something you don't, the great lakes. Lake Ontario turns my area into a freakin jungle every summer, and it's not unheard of to have two weeks straight of sunny, 100% humidity, 90+deg F weather.

In fact, it's like that now. I was going to go out and do some yard work, but screw that.

I guess I'm spoiled. It doesn't often get uncomfortably hot here in the Pacific NW.

If you had to choose one to deal with for the rest of your life: would you rather it be really cold or really hot? Me, I still prefer 90 degrees with humidity over below freezing. Brrrrr!

Texas is nothing compared to New York summers. While we may be further north, we have something you don't, the great lakes. Lake Ontario turns my area into a freakin jungle every summer, and it's not unheard of to have two weeks straight of sunny, 100% humidity, 90+deg F weather..

houston

I guess I'm spoiled. It doesn't often get uncomfortably hot here in the Pacific NW.

If you had to choose one to deal with for the rest of your life: would you rather it be really cold or really hot? Me, I still prefer 90 degrees with humidity over below freezing. Brrrrr!

Well, I'm English so I won't get my wish! But I'd rather be too hot. I hate the Winter with a passion and I really do not like being cold

@kintsugi; I can't be the only one who noticed the dick cannon in that gif.

Yeah PNW! High-five for moderate weather!

I would also much prefer heat over cold. Heat can be uncomfortable, but you can't do anything in below freezing. There's a reason hibernation is a thing.

Texas is nothing compared to New York summers. While we may be further north, we have something you don't, the great lakes. Lake Ontario turns my area into a freakin jungle every summer, and it's not unheard of to have two weeks straight of sunny, 100% humidity, 90+deg F weather..

houston
I've been to Houston in August, I was not impressed. It seemed more comfortable than what I get.

Texas is nothing compared to New York summers. While we may be further north, we have something you don't, the great lakes. Lake Ontario turns my area into a freakin jungle every summer, and it's not unheard of to have two weeks straight of sunny, 100% humidity, 90+deg F weather.
Any south Texas really. And try 100+ for at least 3 weeks, if not more.

When it's too hot, you can wear less clothes, but all the clothing in the world can't help negative ten degrees.

I like both cold and hot weather actually. Cold because of the beautiful winter landscapes, and hot because the beaches are literally just a short walk away if I wanted to take dive in the water. Unfortunately for my dog, he's no longer allowed in the water where there are blue flags (beaches that are environmentally safe are granted these flags) due to a new law :mad:

houston
I've been to Houston in August, I was not impressed. It seemed more comfortable than what I get.

Houston's not the worst. Areas like Austin, College Station, hell, even Dallas get really humid and tend to spend a few weeks where the days are 100+ and the nights don't go below 80.

From a camping perspective, East Coast United States summer is brutal. I camped there for ten days with humidity and temperature (F) both around 100. New Mexico summers weren't as bad the one time I was down there because humidity wasn't a factor. Heat is really only terrifying with humidity.

But neither of them are worse than subzero camping. That is by far the worst.

houston

Houston's not the worst. Areas like Austin, College Station, hell, even Dallas get really humid and tend to spend a few weeks where the days are 100+ and the nights don't go below 80.
Amen to that. CS can be bad. It's my hometown for those that didn't know.

houston

It's not that common here in Austin. In my experience, Houston is worse.

It's not that common here in Austin. In my experience, Houston is worse.

Ah. You're probably right. Austin is a bit further inland and west. But yes, Houston isn't the worst area in Texas for the heat. Its proximity to the ocean keeps it from getting too hot.

I am officially at the beeeeeeeeeach!! Eeeeee! 75 degrees, not hot, but beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom