• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Throughout the day, I spent around an hour doing some writing for PT v2.0. Came out with 1,000+ words.

Considering this is the most I've written in two months, I couldn't be happier. Your review was a nice motivational push, Aether. And the Quiz, as well.

Yeah, that and I think a lot of people were on holiday for a while as well. I don't think I've seen kintsugi around for at least a month, for example

hi

although no actually, college has hit like a truck but in the good way

Can i ask you guys a question?

Would it be right for me to put a twist into a fic of a game?

For Example, my current story, Origin: Gold. I want to put some things into the story that arent in the games (GSC/HGSS)

Except, they may or may not have a huge difference :|

Is this right to do?

Yes. Very much so. In fact, please do it. Direct novelizations tend to get boring really quickly unless the style is absolutely phenomenal or a very good take on the game protagonist is given. Originality in journey fics tends to begin with adding or removing elements from the games.

I would tell you that it'd be wrong if you didn't do it. A direct telling of a game isn't too original, and as Rediamond said, it gets boring very quickly.

But when it comes down to it, what's right and what's wrong to put in a story is essentially up to you as the author. If you don't want to do it, that's perfectly cool, because it's your fic and you should tell it the way you want. And if you do want to do it, that's perfectly fine also.

Go for it. I had an idea a few years back for a G/S fic that took place in a continuity where Giovanni defeated Red and successfully captured Mewtwo and all that fun stuff, giving Team Rocket a very large sphere of influence. Never got around to it though.

@-Polaris-; Do it. My fic started as a game rewrite, then I added twist after twist until it's become its own thing.

Go for it. I had an idea a few years back for a G/S fic that took place in a continuity where Giovanni defeated Red and successfully captured Mewtwo and all that fun stuff, giving Team Rocket a very large sphere of influence. Never got around to it though.

Pretty sure kintsugi beat you to it.

Hey guys. Wanted to pop in and apologize for my long absence. Work has been...stressful, to say the least. Things are finally settling down, but it's just a calm before another coming storm.

Let's just say that there's a very real possibility that, within the next few months, I could get promoted to lead officer at my site based on seniority alone. As of right now, I've only been at my site for four months.

@-Polaris-; Do it. My fic started as a game rewrite, then I added twist after twist until it's become its own thing.

Pretty sure kintsugi beat you to it.

She wouldn't have if I'd actually done it. :p

Having said all that, it has gone rather quiet around here (I think this is a first for The Long Walk staying at the top of the Fairground for more than a day!). Looks like I'm the only one without a load of work to do ... except try and sort out that damn student loan once an for all. Has anyone else ever had a bunch of trouble getting University fees paid?

Student loan fees are the exact reason I've put off higher education for so long. Here's hoping I get to it next year, though. I'm sick of being unemployable.

Got the first draft of a chapter and a Calculus test out of the way today. Now I just need to survive my first science test of college on Thursday...

It is a bit annoying at the moment: I have a first draft of Dawn of Darkness' next chapter waiting to proofread, and I could get it posted tonight or tomorrow if I really put myself to sorting it out, but I have two university assignments due in the next two days -_- So irritating, but hoping once that is done I will be able to start posting and updating more regularly and maybe get two more First Warriors and another Galactic out before the end of the year. SOOOO glad we cut back to only two Awards a year :p

I'm a dual Marine Sci-Econ major. So I should theoretically graduate with a very good understanding of fish markets.

I'm a dual Marine Sci-Econ major. So I should theoretically graduate with a very good understanding of fish markets.

Oooh, I do love me some oceanic science. Have you learned anything about hydrothermic vents and the creatures that live around them, or am I ahead of myself?

Don't worry, I should be able to tell you in about 9 to 10 years once I start and then finish with my PhD in marine biology. :p

Back
Top Bottom