• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

My main problem with him in FSA was that he spent all his time as that weird 'eye monster' thing he turns into at the end of Minish Cap, and never actually appears in his proper form. I guess cause that kinda got destroyed, but since he's back practically from the dead in the first place, I don't see why it would be such a stretch to bring his proper body back too. That and also, he doesn't really do anything. You just sort of fight him for his boss battle, and then that's it.

But yeah, in Minish Cap he's great. FSA's a completely different style of game, so I guess I shouldn't really complain about things like that.

I like his eyeball bat form. xP It's a lot cooler than Ganondorf's dumb pig form, imo. But yeah, his role in FSA was kind of disappointing, and having him team up with Ganondorf/Ganon is a GREAT idea too. I'd love for the idea to happen again and be explored further. But FSA was meant to be a simplistic game, so I can't really blame it for not going into depth. And it's still a great game anyway. ^^

If I had infinite time and motivation to do whatever I wanted, I would probably have them all go to the fair. Fiction Fairground, you know? Except those backgrounds sound absolutely torturous and I don't know if I even have the artistic ability to pull that off.

I don't mean to put undue pressure on you, but THAT WOULD BE THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER.

I'd be cool with my characters being used and such. Because crossover stuff is nice and what not.

I don't know why but for the past month I've been wanting to draw a big series of pictures of people's characters interacting in some massive crossover extravaganza. Like all of them going to the beach or something. The problem is that it would take a long time and I don't know how many I would actually get around to doing, plus in order to do it I would need to ask people for info on what their character looks like (no way I'm digging through everyone's stories for those tiny details), and that would get their hopes up. Bleh. But I also want to draw this really badly. ;___;

What do you guys think? If I asked you each to, say, give me info on two of your characters from a story so I might one day draw them in a fun crossover picture, would you be too disappointed if it never happened? Also, would having it be a beach day be a good idea? Beach backgrounds and props are easy to draw so it would encourage me to do more of the pictures, but I don't know how people would feel about all their characters being in swimsuits rather than their regular clothes. (Unless they're the type not to wear a swimsuit to the beach, of course.)

That sounds really fun if you go through with it!

I suppose one question might be: did you envision the characters with their mons, or without? I can see several amusing possibilities for trainer/mon interactions in a beach setting.

I meant to do some more reading and writing today, or yesterday by now. I may be elated and ecstatic with the new job, but I've been fighting tooth and nail vs. a cold/flu or something or other wreaking havoc with my immune system. I'm either suffering upper respiratory misery, or half loopy from the arsenal of pills and cold remedies I'm assaulting it with.

I definitely am for that idea [mention]BlinkVallen[/mention], if only for the purely selfish reason that I want to see you draw my characters :p But I do like the idea of continuing to cross-over our fics and such, so the more opportunities the merrier! (though I think the Fairground thing would work better if it can somehow be achieved - it would make an awesome banner to put in the Welcome Hub)

And glad that you liked the idea @Beth Pavell: I will have to save it for next year then, maybe ;)

Also, I am going to give people a little bit longer to hand in answers for the quiz since April Fools likely slowed down taking part for some people, but I will bring things to a end in twelve hours

I like his eyeball bat form. xP It's a lot cooler than Ganondorf's dumb pig form, imo. But yeah, his role in FSA was kind of disappointing, and having him team up with Ganondorf/Ganon is a GREAT idea too. I'd love for the idea to happen again and be explored further. But FSA was meant to be a simplistic game, so I can't really blame it for not going into depth. And it's still a great game anyway. ^^

I thought the eyeball thing worked well for the boss battles, but for general interactions and that, I do prefer his normal form. And yeah, agreed that FSA was great for just messing around in multiplayer and suchlike, rather than worrying about deeper things like characters.

I like how we're still talking about this, while everyone else has changed subject.

I don't know why but for the past month I've been wanting to draw a big series of pictures of people's characters interacting in some massive crossover extravaganza. Like all of them going to the beach or something. The problem is that it would take a long time and I don't know how many I would actually get around to doing, plus in order to do it I would need to ask people for info on what their character looks like (no way I'm digging through everyone's stories for those tiny details), and that would get their hopes up. Bleh. But I also want to draw this really badly. ;___;

What do you guys think? If I asked you each to, say, give me info on two of your characters from a story so I might one day draw them in a fun crossover picture, would you be too disappointed if it never happened? Also, would having it be a beach day be a good idea? Beach backgrounds and props are easy to draw so it would encourage me to do more of the pictures, but I don't know how people would feel about all their characters being in swimsuits rather than their regular clothes. (Unless they're the type not to wear a swimsuit to the beach, of course.)

Well, I can only speak from an outside perspective as someone who's not actually posting any stories, but I don't see why not draw something like this if you want to. Especially as everyone else seems fully in support of it. I don't know, maybe I'm just biased because I really want to see more art from you. Seriously, I was so impressed with all your drawings when I dropped into your art thread the other day; I imagine you've seen my comment by now, or at least the torrent of likes on everything. So I guess I can't say much for the idea specifically of drawing more characters from this site, but I in full support of any more art by you. So, yeah, I've said my piece.

Well, I can only speak from an outside perspective as someone who's not actually posting any stories, but I don't see why not draw something like this if you want to. Especially as everyone else seems fully in support of it. I don't know, maybe I'm just biased because I really want to see more art from you. Seriously, I was so impressed with all your drawings when I dropped into your art thread the other day; I imagine you've seen my comment by now, or at least the torrent of likes on everything. So I guess I can't say much for the idea specifically of drawing more characters from this site, but I in full support of any more art by you. So, yeah, I've said my piece.

I did see the comment and I'm really really flattered and not quite sure how to respond but I SAW IT AND THANK YOU

Speaking of which, I've posted a blog entry where all you guys can come and offer your characters up to be drawn for this thing. Here it is, come on down~

Found a new resource, nerdmigos: descriptionari.com. I just used it to get started on a piece of prose, I dare say others would find it handy too

Interesting. I'll be sure to dig around in there, looks like fun.

I thought the eyeball thing worked well for the boss battles, but for general interactions and that, I do prefer his normal form. And yeah, agreed that FSA was great for just messing around in multiplayer and suchlike, rather than worrying about deeper things like characters.

I like how we're still talking about this, while everyone else has changed subject.

I never actually got to do much multiplayer in the game... My brother and I had some fun kicking each other's butts in Shadow Battle mode, but he lost interest after awhile. I've replayed the story mode in single player many times though, because it just never stops being fun. ^^

lol, that is pretty funny. XD

On the topic of writing, I really need to start something, specifically the next Dawn of Darkness chapter. I haven't done any writing since posting the most recent Super Luigi chapter! >_<

Found a new resource, nerdmigos: descriptionari.com. I just used it to get started on a piece of prose, I dare say others would find it handy too

butts.PNG

LAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom