• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Today I finished the 4th chapter of Lucky Egg (can't post it yet because it needs another proofreading) and made it over 1,000 words into the next chapter. I'm productive as heck today. o3o

If only I were this productive on my homework...

Today I posted the last (technical) chapter of SYR :eek: and I also finally got my own new laptop after so many months and it has windows 8 and it looks so pretty and new.

Wow, congrats on finishing. :D Do you know what you're going to be working on next? (also new laptops are always nice.)

Also I thought I would let you know that I wormed a Pokemon Academy reference into the chapter I'm posting tomorrow. >w>

Congrats to Flaze then!

I, on the other hand, am having troubles getting back to the writing stuff again. After having to spend the summer not writing (because summer forces me to change my daily schedule to survive the heat) I was supposed to have gotten back to writing some important stuff I have pending in March, but... it's April already. Of a total of 19 pages I need to revise for completing a fic I've checked a grand total of... two.

...I' blame global warming.

I've probably not actually written anything since I last complained about that here. Hmm. I do believe I switched the computer on about half an hour ago, intending to fix that. I've been on Bulbagarden since then. To be honest, I probably wasn't going to get anything done anyway. I do need to get to it though. It's just this one scene is proving impossible. Which is annoying, because I was quite looking forward to this bit. Anyway, rant over. Let's not get too carried away.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. I'm now writing again!

Last edited:
I've probably not actually written anything since I last complained about that here. Hmm. I do believe I switched the computer on about half an hour ago, intending to fix that. I've been on Bulbagarden since then. To be honest, I probably wasn't going to get anything done anyway. I do need to get to it though. It's just this one scene is proving impossible. Which is annoying, because I was quite looking forward to this bit. Anyway, rant over. Let's not get too carried away.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. I'm now writing again!

To be fair, I haven't written anything since the last few times that I complained about not writing here. GET OFF YOUR LAZY REAR END AND WRITE, VIVILLON!!! /me kicks himself self in the butt.

Not sure if this is in everyone's taste here, but since we all write stories, I thought I'll show you guys what I recently found: Link

it was released last week on Steam and it's basically an engine to help with creating your own visual novel. From what I understand, you can upload to it your own assets (background, music and characters etc.) to create your own custom and unique visual novel game. And I don't think anime-styled artwork is required either.

I actually know a couple of other free tools that can do similar things. It looks like the big selling point of that one is how multi-platform it is, and probably a larger selection of free assets to work with, but if you don't want to pay money here are some other options:

RenPy. It's done in python and you make the game using a scripting language rather than a drag-and-drop GUI, but it's really versatile if you learn how to use it.

Novelty. This one has a GUI, although it's windows only.

Also, if you want to make a text-only adventure game, Quest and Inform are cool things to play with. If you want a text based choose-your-own-adventure type thing, Twine is really awesome. I'm using it right now for another project, I highly recommend it.

The Visual Novel creator thing would be great if I could create any good art for my characters =P

I actually know a couple of other free tools that can do similar things. It looks like the big selling point of that one is how multi-platform it is, and probably a larger selection of free assets to work with, but if you don't want to pay money here are some other options:

RenPy. It's done in python and you make the game using a scripting language rather than a drag-and-drop GUI, but it's really versatile if you learn how to use it.

Also, if you want to make a text-only adventure game, Quest and Inform are cool things to play with. If you want a text based choose-your-own-adventure type thing, Twine is really awesome. I'm using it right now for another project, I highly recommend it.

Since I'm now a fully fledge programmer (forgot to mention that I passed my final exam in January XD) RenPy sounds interesting, if I could draw that is XD. Then again, it is possible to draw stuff just by coding. I know that since I once made a chess board in JAVA coding (just need to remember how I did it :p).

Since I'm now a fully fledge programmer (forgot to mention that I passed my final exam in January XD) RenPy sounds interesting, if I could draw that is XD. Then again, it is possible to draw stuff just by coding. I know that since I once made a chess board in JAVA coding (just need to remember how I did it :p).

Ooh! Could I perhaps play with you on it? I love chess.

I posted something on tumblr about a month or two ago (it was something about a good website to find hairstyle references) and it's been slowly racking up notes ever since then. It had about 300~ notes as of 12:00 PM today. It is now 8:30 PM, and the thing has over 9,600 notes. I don't know why it's exploding now, but my dashboard is drowning in notifications and I'm not sure what to do besides scream internally

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 9.49.18 PM.png

It's at over 17,000 now

save me

Update: My post has offended someone. I'm not sure if I should feel bad or accomplished.

Last edited:
View attachment 97824

It's at over 17,000 now

save me

Update: My post has offended someone. I'm not sure if I should feel bad or accomplished.

How do you know so many things o.o really it's like you know where to find everything.

If you're talking about the visual novel stuff, it's because I had to look all that up for a personal project I'm working on. Or, if you're wondering how I know that I managed to offend someone, I've been looking through the tags of the people who reblogged my post because some of them thank me and I like having my ego stroked. >w<

Back
Top Bottom